Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I believe it was Massachusetts this past year that the legislature had a bill that would have required the registration, with the local police, of all machetes on an annual basis.  You would have to register them as for agricultural purposes only, and pay a fee for each implement.  It may have even passed, I lost track of it.

So, at least one state is on top of this whole machete issue.  

Found the text of S01384 here  but don't see that text in the General Law c269 s10.

Carrying a bb-gun is a felony?!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Carrying a bb-gun is a felony?!

Sure, it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.  Those things are dangerous.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban the children...  for the children!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Please excuse my choice of words. I am blaming the shooter for killing people.

I should say I am merely condemning the people, including the people who attended the party, who are acting shocked and appalled that a drug and alcohol party turned to violence.

Even if the odds are 1:10,000,000 per year of somebody getting killed, that still leaves room for thirty of those incidents in this country, every year.

Everybody who disagrees with me is a pot smoking, coke sniffer anyway.

Feel free to be the next victim, and enjoy the parties, you polesmokers.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where's your gun, Gil?

I'll bet he's searaching every sand trap and water hazard at his favorite golf courses looking for it.

PS if you want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. don't let Girliekowsky have one. And yes I spelled his name right.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I should say I am merely condemning the people, including the people who attended the party, who are acting shocked and appalled that a drug and alcohol party turned to violence.

Common sense!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey just send in that bad ass guard unit from Spokane That'll fix them Zombie wannabe

But on a more serious note, When something like this happens we all lose. As the first reaction of the progressive liberal is to curb the personal freedom of individuals. I just hope cooler heads prevail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm down here in the Bay Area this week. (Its cold and raining, of course) There hasn't been very much on TV or in the paper other than a repeat of some to the stuff I saw come out of Seattle before leaving Sunday afternoon. There was brief blurb on Good Morning America but it was nothhing more than a "this happened, worst multi-murder in over 20 years in Seattle" on to the rest of the new.

What is interesting to me is what I've read and seen in the local news. Two separate shootings. One where a person tossed out of  a party, sponsored by the parent, returned and shot the parent dead. The other was one where a guy just started walking down the street blasting people. There doesn't seem to be a lot of uproar in the media over this. Nor have any of the people I've been around today mentioned it. In fact when I asked about it several people didn't even know either had happened. The same loony-tune who talked about how we need to have "dialogue with the terriorists" and how "guns have never brought a peaceful resolution to anything" didn't even have much to say other than it happens a lot here.

For being such an anti-gun place there certainly seems to be an overwhelming acceptance of violence as a normal part of life.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For being such an anti-gun place there certainly seems to be an overwhelming acceptance of violence as a normal part of life.

Job security...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Taking aim at current gun laws
By Nicole Brodeur

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002893978_brodeur28m.html

excerpt:

"People are asking where these guns are coming from, and I think the question is, 'Where aren't they coming from?' " Rosenthal said. "National gun policy has been to allow unrestricted access to all firearms, including assault weapons, which had been banned until last September."

Why would someone want to buy an assault rifle?

"Because they can."

Kyle Huff owned an arsenal. And then he killed six people.

Because in America, he could.

Nicole Brodeur's column appears Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Reach her at 206-464-2334 or [email protected]. They were just kids.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard some of the names and ages of those killed yesterday. A 14 girl and 16 year old kid were killed.

My immediate reaction: WTF is a 14 year old girl doing partying all night long?

Then I read the interview of this girl's father posted on the KOMO4 news website....

Stupid people shouldn't breed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
By Nicole Brodeur

She's consistantly taken an antigun postion in the columns she writes.

Quoted:
I heard some of the names and ages of those killed yesterday. A 14 girl and 16 year old kid were killed.

Melissa Moore, 14
Suzanne Thorne, 15
Christopher Williamson, 21
Justin Schwartz, 22
Jeremy Martin, 26
Jason Travers, 32
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey just send in that bad ass guard unit from Spokane That'll fix them Zombie wannabe

Moses Lake SeeVoyer....All of the badasses drill in Moses Lake.

On a far more serious note-

Quoted:
Taking aim at current gun laws
By Nicole Brodeur

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002893978_brodeur28m.html

excerpt:

"People are asking where these guns are coming from, and I think the question is, 'Where aren't they coming from?' " Rosenthal said. "National gun policy has been to allow unrestricted access to all firearms, including assault weapons, which had been banned until last September."

Why would someone want to buy an assault rifle?

"Because they can."

Kyle Huff owned an arsenal. And then he killed six people.

Because in America, he could.

Nicole Brodeur's column appears Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Reach her at 206-464-2334 or [email protected]. They were just kids.

That little shitstain of a fucking libtard hippy needs to receive many messages from all 400+ of us. Well thought out, reasoned messages, not just anger filled venom spite and contempt for her backwards, corrupted views. Someone take her shooting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That little shitstain of a fucking libtard hippy needs to receive many messages from all 400+ of us. Well thought out, reasoned messages, not just anger filled venom spite and contempt for her backwards, corrupted views. Someone take her shooting.

Don't forget about this guy.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/jamieson/264593_robert28.html

The price a culture pays for its love of the gun

By ROBERT L. JAMIESON Jr.
P-I COLUMNIST

Don't blame the rave scene for the Seattle's worst mass murder in more than two decades.

Blame the guns
-- and a culture that celebrates firepower.

Blame the murdering madness on a country that has seen Columbine, Kip Kinkel and bullets at the Tacoma Mall, but lacks the common sense to clamp down on weapons of mass carnage.

Blame the gun lobby on the other Capitol Hill -- not the rave crowd on Seattle's Capitol Hill.

Gun advocates like to say guns don't literally kill, and they're right.

People do.

Problem is, people keep killing people with guns, just as Kyle Huff did over the weekend.

The National Rifle Association wraps itself in the Second Amendment and bullies anyone who disagrees.

The uncomfortable truth is, the right to bear arms has become a right for lunatics to get tools of lethal efficiency and shoot up people.

Huff is the latest example of what happens when high-powered weapons end up in the wrong gun user's hands.

He brought rage to a rave after-party, walking into the sky-blue home armed with a pistol-grip, short-barrel shotgun and a semiautomatic handgun. He had two bandoliers and extra ammo in his pockets.

Even more weapons were inside his black Dodge truck outside: a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle with banana clips, similar to the weapon the D.C. sniper used, and shotgun shells.

If Huff had plenty of means to kill at his disposal -- police removed three more rifles from his North Seattle apartment -- he also had a history. In Montana, he faced a felony criminal mischief charge in 2000 for blasting a statue of a moose with gunfire. He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

Had Huff shot up a statue in, say, downtown Seattle -- as opposed to in gun-friendly Montana -- he would have been dealt with more seriously, law enforcement and public-policy officials tell me. Had the felony charge stuck and led to conviction, it would have been illegal for Huff to own firearms.

We'll never know if the slap on the wrist for the statue incident was the last chance to alter this tragic trajectory. We do know that Saturday, the 28-year-old pizza deliveryman executed six people before shooting himself and that two of the weapons used -- a 12-gauge shotgun and Ruger .40-caliber handgun -- were also used to shoot the fake moose.

Why Huff stalked and stole real lives jousts with another question: Why did he have so many guns, including the 12-gauge pistol-grip?

This shotgun is easier to conceal than a long hunting rifle, can be used in tight spaces and packs power. That's why Seattle police Chief Gil Kerlikowske says without hesitation that such a weapon has but one purpose: to hunt people.

After Congress let the federal assault weapons ban expire in 2004, Kerlikowske tells me, he ran into a U.S. senator from the South.

The senator predicted that the assault ban would see the light of day, Kerlikowske recalled, "after a few more school shootings."

Or house shootings.

The blood on Capitol Hill should jolt us to our senses about guns in society.

Federal officials ought to take a second look at that assault ban, which, though flawed, had its heart in the right place. The ban, which drew strong support in polls, had outlawed 19 types of military-style assault weapons and limited ammunition magazines, possibly including the kinds of magazines Huff had.

State Senate Bill 5343 tried to close a legal loophole that allows firearms at gun shows and flea markets to be sold anonymously by non-licensed collectors.

These collectors are not required to make criminal or mental background checks of buyers, as are licensed gun-store owners. The bill failed this year.

Huff had guns that were legal to possess. The guns he used in the killings appear to have been bought legally, which is disturbing, given the sneaky lethalness of his 12-gauge and his past gun trouble.

The Capitol Hill slayings present an opportunity for people to talk about how our nation is overrun with guns, including high-caliber assault rifles and semiautomatics.

A total gun ban isn't the answer; guns are here to stay.

We do need to talk about stricter gun control
, restrictions on some weapons, more thorough background screening of buyers, plugging of loopholes and tough penalties for guns that are used in lesser crimes.

Seattle now lives a nightmare made possible in a country so much in love with the way of the gun -- fatally so.
P-I columnist Robert L. Jamieson Jr. can be reached at 206-448-8125 or [email protected].

Blame inanimate objects-check

Push an agenda that had nothing to do with the shootings (assault weapons ban and person to person sales)-check

Admit that there's no appearance of illegality in the ownership of the firarms, but while saying that a total ban isn't the answer admit that legal ownership is disturning to you.-check

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Of course, don't blame the drugs and alcohol, blame gun owners. If Huff had been clean and sober, I'm betting he wouldn't have killed anybody.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#16]
And what about 14 and 15 year old girls at an after party with adults 10 - 15 years older?!

One parent stated that he wanted his daughter to experience the music scene?!

WTF, over!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]

I agree the only one responsible for their deaths is the one who killed them. but the grief stricken family and friends must also accept the fact that the people at the party did put themselves at a greater risk by attending such and event, not that it was wrong for them to go, its the same as someone who decides to attend a soccer game in europe or south america where groups of  
'hooligans' and upset fans who can't get in the staduim ofen cause riots and deaths at or after the game. Everyone is responsible for their own safety, and if a parent: the safety of their kids. I hope the parents of the underage kids in attendance realize that for whatever reason they allowed them to be at the party or not knowing where their children were going that night attributed to there tragic demise.  It is not much diffrent then going to the pit for a shoot, it can be dangerous, I personally choose to go w/ arfcommers whom I trust there judgement and adherance to basic safety rules, If there are others subjs there that are drinking/shooting or not using common sense while possessing a firearm, I leave.  
Personal responsibility and accountability continues to be removed from the normal expected beliefs in today's society.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Someone take her shooting.

This is actually a great idea.  Someone nearby where she is should make this offer to her.  Easiest way to hook them is to make the first hit free!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
SO we're supposed to give up our gun rights so young people can do illegal drugs, abuse alcohol and fuck underage girls...

Who thinks Kyle Huff would have done this clean and sober?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
The sponsors of the Raves are claiming "we clean them up, we got security and everything".

On KVI this AM, the owner of a security company called in  and said in effect "We used to do security for the raves, but the organizers told us to ignore so much stuff that we couldn't in good conscience keep working there, we refuse to work with the raves now"...

I stick with my original guess at "paranoia inducing drugs + zombie theme"...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#22]
<---- patiently awaiting toxicology report instead of participating in wild speculation.

To blame guns, to blame parties... both paths are absolutely retarded. People go to clubs/raves/house parties and abuse alcohol and drugs all the time without people dying. People buy guns and shoot them all the time without people dying.

To use this tragedy to point fingers at
-raves
-guns
-zombie theme parties

and advance ulterior motives for either a gun free utopia or a sin free christian values utopia is EQUALLY STUPID.

Never been to a rave, but have had raver acquaintances. Sounds like these people were the same type of folk, 20 somethings who still hadn't found what they wanted to do in life and just wanted to have a good time. One thing that does bother me, is why the hell do parents let their 14/15 year olds hang out at these kind of things which are obviously geared towards adults? But that has nothing to do with the issues at hand... had there not been underage kids there, this guy still would have shot up and killed a bunch of people

PS: WTF does "NOW" stand for or mean? Really curious...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
PS: WTF does "NOW" stand for or mean? Really curious...

National Organization of We-tards.

Ok, that was bad. Sorry.

I do agree that blaming any culture is not good, be it gun or rave. I don't think anyone is saying that 14-17 year olds should be allowed to run amok but they certainly don't deserve to be shot by an individual for doing so.

My opinion won't change much whether the guy was on drugs or not.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#24]

I don't think anyone is saying that 14-17 year olds should be allowed to run amok but they certainly don't deserve to be shot by an individual for doing so.

That's why they call it murder. It's a crime. There are severe penalties for doing it. That doesn't prevent it from happening. Just like drug laws don't prevent drug abuse and sex laws don't stop men from having sex with underage girls.

It takes something more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#25]
The way reporter Jamieson talks about guns makes me want to SCREAM!!!
It's this way whenever the 'media types' begin to report on this subject...they sound as ignorant as they are.
Like little children learning 'potty talk'.
They don't really know what they're saying, but it makes them sound big and bad.

They speak with the excitement a perverted thrill brings.
And they sound like idiots.  IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I propose a partial ban on teens and black clothing... to have either you must have a valid carry permit.

...and we need to plug all possible fludic the person-to-person loophole exchanges.

This is just getting out of control.

-Rob
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I think someone with a knife could have killed just as many  as this guy with a shotgun. Maybe more as a knife is silent and wont alert others in the house or neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
SO we're supposed to give up our gun rights so young people can do illegal drugs, abuse alcohol and fuck underage girls...

Who thinks Kyle Huff would have done this clean and sober?

Yup. We are supposed to make the world safe for grown men to act like children and sit around in a stupor, as if they would be safe if there weren't any guns.

If anyone had any sense, the underage girls would be home and the men would be able to defend themselves and the girls.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
It's all because of those god damned 30 bullet banana clips and man killer shotguns desinged for hunting humans, when will it end, when will it end!!!!!!!!!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top