Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I forgot to ask, what time do the doors open and what's the address of the fairgrounds?

Here's a link to the State Fair website.  Should have all the info you need.
Hours are usually 9-5 Saturday, 9-3 Sunday.

Can't wait to be among my brethren again...

State Fair Website
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As an aside, I have been hunting hard for a Browning BAR in 308 for about a year. Older model (89-94) in pristine condition like new in the box. I had a dream the other night that i would find this sacred firestick on Saturday at the gun show. Lets see how clairvoyant i am......

So, are you gonna bump it
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]

That all depends on if i can find any 7.62 ammo there, now doesnt it
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That all depends on if i can find any 7.62 ammo there, now doesnt it

I might be able to locate some

Edit: actually I picked up a small amt of LC 30'06 that has your Garand's name all over it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey , I'll be up Saturday morning.

I might Drool on one of them Garands

Since i can't bring my peashooters into NY you guys gotta promise to protect me
from the liberals , ok?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I forgot to ask, what time do the doors open and what's the address of the fairgrounds?

Here's a link to the State Fair website.  Should have all the info you need.
Hours are usually 9-5 Saturday, 9-3 Sunday.

Can't wait to be among my brethren again...

State Fair Website

Thanks. I got the car gassed up and ready to roll. Hopefully I can get there by 8AM and by the first one in .

Any room for a young fella to join the noon get together?
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely! Half the fun of these shows is meeting guys from the board.  

We will be meeting at noon-12:15 or so, to give stragglers a few minutes to find us, then off to lunch at Tullys in Fairport, perhaps 10 minutes from the fairgrounds.

Link Posted: 4/21/2006 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Absolutely! Half the fun of these shows is meeting guys from the board.  

We will be meeting at noon-12:15 or so, to give stragglers a few minutes to find us, then off to lunch at Tullys in Fairport, perhaps 10 minutes from the fairgrounds.

Crap, hope I don't respond to this too late.

How do I recognize you fellas. I don't have any ARFCOM apparel? I'll be in black cargo pants and an Old Navy Athletic Grey hoodie......
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Look at the faces in the photos on the first page, some of them will be there.
I'm wearing a Springfield Armory shirt today. Of course it you want us to notice you, you could carry a sigh that reads: 1911's suck, or Glocks rule!, or "My AK is better than your AR".
Seriously, we'll watch for you.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oops. FairMOUNT,  Thats what I get for staying up my bedtime...
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#11]
have fun tommorrow guys, wishing i could be there, first one i have ever missed, too bad im stuck in south korea.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 3:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
have fun tommorrow guys, wishing i could be there, first one i have ever missed, too bad im stuck in south korea.....

Ah ha! I wondered where you were.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I was there but didn't know what to look for.  I didn't see SP10's post before I left this morning.  I missed you guys, I'm sorry!  fp1201, if I had known that was you with the Springfield shirt, I would've had you point out the other ARFcommers there.  

In my meager defense, however, my little brother was feeling sick, so I had to leave early anyway.  I still feel like I missed out on some great fun though.  I didn't even eat lunch.

My loot from the show includes a Bushy stripped lower, a Hogue wrap-around grip for my BHP, a spare magazine for my Sig Mosquito ($40!), 1000 rounds of Israeli surplus .223, some .223 snap caps, a box of 147 gr. Ranger SXT 9mm, and a box of 124 gr. Hydra Shok +P+ 9 mm.  I wanted a grip for the forearm of my H&K clone, but didn't see anything that caught my eye.

My little bro bought a Stag lower, $136 out the door, and a couple of Israeli polymer AR15 mags.  We split the cost of a roll pin punch set for assembling our AR's, though we probably don't need them.

Compared to some shows I went to in Florida, this one was booming!  Awesome selection and decent prices too!  Too bad it may be the last show in Syracuse for awhile.

Sorry again I missed you all!  I feel like a shithead.
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey thirsty, sorry we missed you. We had ~9 meet up, but not all could do lunch. Only 7 of us made Tullys.

It was a fun show. Crowded in the AM.

Ammo availability is going to be grim soon. Milsurp[ (good quality) is drying up. Wolf .223 poly was 129+tax. Wolf 7.62x39 was 179+tax.  Wolf Gold brass 5.56 was $210/K, same as Win Q3131. South African .308 was $240+tax for a tub, 1260 rds.

Fair number of black rifles to be found, prices ranged from good to high (as usual).

I'm fairly well set on reloading supplies for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
anyone care to post info on other interesting rifles they may of come across, and prices?

mainly C&Rs and AKs?  how about mags, what types, prices, etc etc?

im heading up tomorrow, hopefully it hasnt been totally picked over!
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I was there today and thought it was just OK... I saw alot of wolf762x39 ,ranging from $145-$210 a case. alot of black rifles... and friday night after set-up I even saw and got to handle a brand-new Smith and Wesson AR with all the evil features! the vendor was from PA and was told by myself and others that we still have the ban...amazing how many asked me today why pre-ban was higher when there was no more ban! I did also see a beautiful Galil. wish I had the $$ for that one.  well see ya at the Batavia show!
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry that I too missed out on you guys, after I split ways with you it was almost an hour before I found the others that we had come with, didn't bother going by then.....it will be just me and the wife in September.

Also I have a table for that show , I think that there need be a better selection of FAL stuff, yup, that's what I think anyway, there was a good selection of AR and some AK items, very little FAL, what was there had the most piss poor prices, $45 for a stripped inch bolt, horrible.

Wish I had gotten to go with you guys, I shoulda known better by the people that I attended with.....Did get some good buys though, over all a good show with many deals to be had with a bit of gouging mixed in as usual.

Sean.

<<Edided fuh my spellen'>>
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#18]
the ammo prices almost made me cry... so i only got 500rds of 7.62x39 to tide me over... at those prices, i may as well put in a backorder with sportsman's guide or cabelas or something.

i did leave with a saiga .308 for $290 otd, a bit higher than I wanted, but I've wanted one for a while, and I  just couldnt leave with nothing.

i saw that nice galil too, but hey, I is poor.

and when did onondaga county raise their sales tax to 8.25% ???
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sorry that I too missed out on you guys, after I split ways with you it was almost an hour before I found the others that we had come with, didn't bother going by then.....it will be just me and the wife in September.

Also I have a table for that show , I think that there need be a better selection of FAL stuff, yup, that's what I think anyway, there was a good selection of AR and some AK items, very little FAL, what was there had the most piss poor prices, $45 for a stripped inch bolt, horrible.

Wish I had gotten to go with you guys, I shoulda known better by the people that I attended with.....Did get some good buys though, over all a good show with meny deals to be had with a bit of gouging mixed in as usual.

Sean.

Sean, the trouble with FAL parts right now seems to be  double edged: The only recievers available are DSA and their big bucks.... No more "kits" are coming so prices are up, but it's a moot point because of reciever prices.  If you need a complete FAL bolt and carrier let me know.
To any and all that I might not have spoken to or spend any time with, I'm sincerly sorry. It wouldn't have been fare to leave Mary to that crowd by herself. If there was anything of mine that you were interested in, please let me know! Board members always get a better deal than what's on the sticker (doesn't apply to the gunshops stuff 'cuz it isn't mine).

Were there any "deals"?  How about stripped lowers?
I eyeballed a Bushmaster lower with a sweet set of Compass Lake internals....came back as soon as I could, of course it was gone.

All day the standard money/guns rule was in effect: I had money, but there were no guns to buy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I wasn't really in the market for FAL parts per say, just like to see stuff out there and not at disgusting prices, I "plan" on having a table of mainly FAL stuff at good/fair prices, mostly for the fun of it, I like doing stuff like that, there will be some complete kits, US parts, and some real nice barrels, amongst other smaller items, mags at better prices and condition than $15 for crap, not too concerned with making some landslide profits, amtter of fact, whatever I make or recoup will never leave the show anyway, just go into whatever flavor of fun I am into at that timeI can't put out extra receivers can I? 2 or 3 at most?
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was there today and thought it was just OK... I saw alot of wolf762x39 ,ranging from $145-$210 a case. alot of black rifles... and friday night after set-up I even saw and got to handle a brand-new Smith and Wesson AR with all the evil features! the vendor was from PA and was told by myself and others that we still have the ban...amazing how many asked me today why pre-ban was higher when there was no more ban! I did also see a beautiful Galil. wish I had the $$ for that one.  well see ya at the Batavia show!

I think we saw the same Galil, that thing was breathtaking.

Did you see the 1919A4? Beautiful as well!
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#22]
fp1201,

thanks for keeping me entertained!  I saw about 4-5 fals, one was a DSA parts gun for 899.  I saw a few imbel centuries.  One was in ausie wood (I think it was a short wood stock too)  I should have haggled on that one.  The wood was a little rough though.  I like the inch rifles ones better anyhow.

Straight up your row there was a Colt preban sporter for 1250, she said she would come down.  We were being candid with eachother as I knew her husband from Albany and I told her I didn't need another sporter, (it was mint too) and explained to her that it was a good one, fenced, small pivot pin, and iirc no block inside, and regular barrel (no Hbar).  Care for some Koolaid?

SoS
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I can't put out extra receivers can I? 2 or 3 at most?

I'm a bit perplexed: Do you have some extra recievers to sell?
If they're FAL, there's at least two of us who would take them off your hands.

Some shows I make money, others it cost. Most of the time it's just becasue I like gunshows!
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
fp1201,
Care for some Koolaid?

SoS

How about I lower the price of that "service grade" by $75.00? It's got "matching" furniture on it now to boot!    I was a bit to find out it wasn't what I thought it was. Oh well, that's why some folks have gauges.

"Bullshit and free advise are always available from me"
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Glenn,
ThatFALGuy has almost as many FAL parts as you!  

I did pick up a US compliant pistol grip for 3 dollars and did see a few other US compliance parts at fair prices.

I need to get Sean's knife back to him and pick up those FSE HTS parts for my build.

I've got a line on COONAN recievers, but it'll take time to get them...e-mail me for details.

So now all I need will be a gas piston, FSE muzzle break/ Belgian combo style, those FSE parts..and WAIT for my COONAN to be ready to ship.

Glenn, that 20.00 holster is JUST the one I was looking for! Where can you find another  ALESSI for that price!

After Square Deal is over and I have my bowhunter course over and done with, I want you to deliver that rifle rack down to our new range!!! I'll fill you in later about the particulars.

Link Posted: 4/22/2006 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
This one was a really good show. A good amount of EBR's, AR parts, ammo etc. I picked up 12 battlepacks of the SA 308 from the only guy who had any. Got them for about $25 a piece which is pretty good in my book. I walked by the first time and balked at (2) 1260 cases, he had 4-5 at the time. when i came back 15 minutes later he had zero full cases. I bought out the rest of the single battlepacks he had the second time around

Also picked up some wolf 223. It was the 55 grain polymer cased FMJ linked in s.a.w cans. (4) 200 round saw boxes to an ammo can. Apparently a Blackwater overrun that ammunitionstore had. I was looking to pick up some 20mm or SAW cans for mag storage so at $120 per thousand, it was a good deal. I have no used for the links or starter tabs, if anyone knows anybody who needs some lemme know, they can have mine for the cost of shipping.

The highlight of the show: A STEYR FUCKING AUG! Black 16" model! Unbelieveable, i fondled it for 10 minutes, what a sweet piece. Guy wanted $4300 for it and a mag, not too bad a price, wish i had a kidney or a Blonde with 34C's to offer the guy, but no such luck
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fp1201,
Care for some Koolaid?

SoS

How about I lower the price of that "service grade" by $75.00? It's got "matching" furniture on it now to boot!    I was a bit to find out it wasn't what I thought it was. Oh well, that's why some folks have gauges.

Glenn

Still like that stock,  Not the black one, I am irked that CMP still has my M1,  It would have been really great to have a shopping list before the show and not after.  If I still had my 5.8 mil Springfield I would have bought a nice set of GI birch handguards.  Damn, maybe I should have bought a nice walnut set and a birch set and Ebay'd the ones I didn't need.  Well I'll remember your tackle box of treasure next time I'm short of parts.  I might try the home made Holbrook too.
I did start my spares for the M1, Orion 7 spring kit.  Should get a bolt rebuild kit too.

I wonder if that M1 will shoot w/o rifling?  It wouldn't be too much of a suprise if it did.

I thought from you bullshit=free advice?
Talk to ya soon

T
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would have bought a nice set of GI birch handguards.  Damn, maybe I should have bought a nice walnut set and a birch set and Ebay'd the ones I didn't need.  Well I'll remember your tackle box of treasure next time I'm short of parts. That box of parts has saved more than one butt. If you need something all ya gotta do is ask!

I might try the home made Holbrook too. If you need help or one to copy, let me know

I did start my spares for the M1, Orion 7 spring kit.  Should get a bolt rebuild kit too.
Spair parts including furniture can always be sold or installed on a later pruchase. Bought right, they're seldom hard to get your money back out of.
I wonder if that M1 will shoot w/o rifling?  It wouldn't be too much of a suprise if it did.
I'll take it to the range next week and try it out

Link Posted: 4/23/2006 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#29]
heres what I got from the Syracuse show here in New Yorkistan:

3 slabsides (1 refinished that I traded to the guy at a previous show), + the correct russian 3-cell pouch and 2 ruskie 74 bakelites = $130

20rnds 308 incendiary = $7

20 or 30 rnds of .223 incendiary $7

2 rounds of .303brit incendiary = $4

7 rounds of 7.62x54R API (armor piercing incendiary) = $10

5 rounds ww2 german manufac 8mm = $1

iraqi dinar notes = 3 for $5

StG44 ammo (2 rounds of kurz, $1 apiece MauserMark!!!)

500 rounds of .308 Portugeuse = $74

I think i did well
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

3 slabsides (1 refinished that I traded to the guy at a previous show), + the correct russian 3-cell pouch and 2 ruskie 74 bakelites = $130

GP WASR rifles, post ban ARs in preban config, promags, and all sorts of illegal stuff was available and people were buying them as if the ban was over with....the NRA raffled off a new production Bushmaster rifle that had all the evil features....go figure. Police were there, questioned the legality of NOTHING. so much for state law I guess, im not complaining.

i keep it legal though , no chance for the G-Men to show up at my door

I think i did well

Sounds like you pulled in a good haul, Dieter.

As for the highlighted portion, I noticed that too.  My little brother just wanted a fixed telestock, and there weren't any.  There was a lot of collapsing stocks, flash hiders, threaded barrels with screw-on flash hiders, and post-ban weapons that were of questionable legality for sale.  It got kind of rough trying to teach my younger brother about the ban and having to tell him he couldn't own some things even though they were being bought up by others.  Kind of makes you wonder how enforceable the AWB really is.

EDIT: I should say though that pre-ban rifles are in abundance now, and all those parts can be bought, just not mounted on a post-ban rifle, just in case a DU or Brady troll rolls up on this thread and gets angry that NYer's disobeyed their holy law.  Nothing illegal took place IMHO.

I thought that maybe many of the vendors were from PA or another no-ban state who didn't really know the legal deal here in Neu Yorkslovakia.

That being said, I think a lot of the Sheriffs in Onondaga are gun guys, I don't think they cared that certain possibly "bad" things were for sale.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Civil disobediance to unjust laws which only harm good citizens can be a beautiful thing--not that I'm advocating that

500rds of Port for $74 bucks? Poop, missed that one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Civil disobediance to unjust laws which only harm good citizens can be a beautiful thing--not that I'm advocating that

The Ammostore guys from Ohio were offering 1k for $130.

Steve X from COBIS was there checking dealers out....he did mention to the next table over that sales of hi-cap magazines was verboten.  

I did notice the dealer that got hand-cuffed at last Aprils show wasn't there.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The highlight of the show: A STEYR FUCKING AUG! Black 16" model! Unbelieveable, i fondled it for 10 minutes, what a sweet piece. Guy wanted $4300 for it and a mag, not too bad a price, wish i had a kidney or a Blonde with 34C's to offer the guy, but no such luck

I saw the AUG (never understood the ooh and aah of them) While we were packing up Sunday, this guy come over and asked if we had the AUG or knew where it was, I pointed out the table and he took off like someone had stolen it from him....was too buisy to see if he bought it.

Somewhere I've got a "Guns Digest" from 1979... Seems AUGS were ~$400 retail back then. Gid to go back in time with a pocket full of cash.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#34]
i was drooling over the G43s, the G41, Rasheed, Hakim, SVTs, Tokarevs, scoped no4mk1, scoped k98s, AUG, Chinese dragunov 308...man o man
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GP WASR rifles, post ban ARs in preban config, promags, and all sorts of illegal stuff was available and people were buying them as if the ban was over with....the NRA raffled off a new production Bushmaster rifle that had all the evil features....go figure. Police were there, questioned the legality of NOTHING. so much for state law I guess, im not complaining.

i keep it legal though , no chance for the G-Men to show up at my door

I think i did well

Sounds like you pulled in a good haul, Dieter.

As for the highlighted portion, I noticed that too.  My little brother just wanted a fixed telestock, and there weren't any.  There was a lot of collapsing stocks, flash hiders, threaded barrels with screw-on flash hiders, and post-ban weapons that were of questionable legality for sale.  It got kind of rough trying to teach my younger brother about the ban and having to tell him he couldn't own some things even though they were being bought up by others.  Kind of makes you wonder how enforceable the AWB really is.

EDIT: I should say though that pre-ban rifles are in abundance now, and all those parts can be bought, just not mounted on a post-ban rifle, just in case a DU or Brady troll rolls up on this thread and gets angry that NYer's disobeyed their holy law.  Nothing illegal took place IMHO.

I thought that maybe many of the vendors were from PA or another no-ban state who didn't really know the legal deal here in Neu Yorkslovakia.

That being said, I think a lot of the Sheriffs in Onondaga are gun guys, I don't think they cared that certain possibly "bad" things were for sale.

ya the LE seemed like a nice bunch.  LE in rural areas tend to be a bit more lax and kind to people than those from cities.

the ban is stupid, and its true it is really unenforceable.  

there were deals to be had, just had to dig under the piles of goods the vendors put out to see the one item they either didnt know the value, or didnt have labeled.  im glad i bought what i did
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Figures. I asked them 1st thing Saturday AM what they had for .308 milsurp, and they didn't mention it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
i was drooling over the G43s, the G41, Rasheed, Hakim, SVTs, Tokarevs, scoped no4mk1, scoped k98s, AUG, Chinese dragunov 308...man o man

yeah... the chinese .308 had me all tingly inside

i'll just have to try my best to convert the saiga i got to look a little like it.
well, after it gets scuffed up a little... i cant bring myself to mess with it while it's brand new.

anyone know where i can find a beat up lower handguard from a psl or something?
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Figures. I asked them 1st thing Saturday AM what they had for .308 milsurp, and they didn't mention it.

That's strange...they had an open can of loose stuff on display, it was clean/brite/shiney  I forgot which country it was from, altho I'm almost positive it carried the NATO mark.
The plan was to buy a couple cans and put them out in the Jeep, but time got away and it was forgotten.
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't that the linked Port in cans?
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#40]
fp1201, the open can stuff was Paki stuff, loose and shiny, they "had" 12k of it, it was gone in about 2 hours.......some came home though......
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#41]
I did see the "shiney" milsurp (not Port) Saturday afternoon. It had obviously been tumbled a significant period of time to polish it up. The rounds I inspected also had most of the primer sealant tumbled off.
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I did see the "shiney" milsurp (not Port) Saturday afternoon. It had obviously been tumbled a significant period of time to polish it up. The rounds I inspected also had most of the primer sealant tumbled off.

hmm the .308 i got was super shiney, and had wierd letters on the headstamps, looked almost cyrillic...anyone have pics of Paki, and Portuguese headstamps? I want to check that I got what I paid for....

Link Posted: 4/25/2006 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Wolf 7.62x39 was 179+tax

for 1000?
holy shit
I remember when SG had it for $44/500
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Wolf 7.62x39 was 179+tax

for 1000?
holy shit
I remember when SG had it for $44/500

The other ammo vendor and I always chat a few minutes. We have bought a ton, literally, of ammo from him over the years. He says the "good ol' days" for milsurp are pretty much over. It is going to become a sellers market for what is left.

Link Posted: 4/25/2006 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve X from COBIS was there checking dealers out....he did mention to the next table over that sales of hi-cap magazines was verboten.  

I did notice the dealer that got hand-cuffed at last Aprils show wasn't there.  

That is because he (Ralph Flint) was arrested at the Middletown Gun Show in Dec by the NYSP for selling hicap LEO mags to a NYSP undercover officer.

I couldn't remember Ralph's name but knew everyone would know who it was. Maby the law(s) will be challenged in court? Would be nice to know the outcome of his predicament.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
hmm the .308 i got was super shiney, and had wierd letters on the headstamps, looked almost cyrillic...anyone have pics of Paki, and Portuguese headstamps? I want to check that I got what I paid for....

The Cyrillic marked stuff is yugo-privi partisan.  I bought a can of 500 from ammostore , half yugo, half south African (94-13 stamp) with a smattering of radway green and aussie mixed in.  $75.00 out the door, 15 cents a round.  The stuff has been tumbled.  I asked for a can can of argentine surplus but got this, so I don't know whether to be mad or not...
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Cyrillic marked stuff is yugo-privi partisan.  I bought a can of 500 from ammostore , half yugo, half south African (94-13 stamp) with a smattering of radway green and aussie mixed in.  $75.00 out the door, 15 cents a round.  The stuff has been tumbled.  I asked for a can can of argentine surplus but got this, so I don't know whether to be mad or not...

yeah now im confused...

is this stuff corrosive, and is it ok to use in a G3 type rifle?
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah now im confused...

The yugo made ammo generally has a very good reputation and is not corrosive.  However a guy on FAL Files claims this particular stuff blew up his gas system-You might want to check on some of the G3/CETME Boards about any other's experiences.

fal files link

Since it sounds like we got the same deal-the south african is good stuff as is the radway and aussie-all N/C.

Other interesting headstamps in my can-

OFN-Nigerian-supposedly bettter then it sounds -N/C
OF-PP- unknown
AFN-unknown
K Nato Cross L2A2- Kynoch -N/C
AF-Aussie-N/C
RG Nato cross L2A2 -Radway Green N/C

I plan to shoot the SA and Radway first and see if there's any other negative reports on the yugo-

Finally, the ammo can I got this stuff in is a World War Two one and worth a bit more then the average can.

Link Posted: 4/27/2006 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah now im confused...

The yugo made ammo generally has a very good reputation and is not corrosive.  However a guy on FAL Files claims this particular stuff blew up his gas system-You might want to check on some of the G3/CETME Boards about any other's experiences.

fal files link

Since it sounds like we got the same deal-the south african is good stuff as is the radway and aussie-all N/C.

Other interesting headstamps in my can-

OFN-Nigerian-supposedly bettter then it sounds -N/C
OF-PP- unknown
AFN-unknown
K Nato Cross L2A2- Kynoch -N/C
AF-Aussie-N/C
RG Nato cross L2A2 -Radway Green N/C

I plan to shoot the SA and Radway first and see if there's any other negative reports on the yugo-

Finally, the ammo can I got this stuff in is a World War Two one and worth a bit more then the average can.

i wish i knew this ammo was tumbled, and that the headstamps were all various ones....

its definitly not Portuguese ammo as advertised...o well, ill shoot it
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top