User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Four years?  

I've had people try to kill me, and get less time.....

Incredible. Try and kill a cop and get less, do something far less, with mitigating circumstances, and get far more.

Damn, just damn...

Quoted:
Damn.....If there's ever anything I can do.

Yeah, what he said.

9Millie,
MrsFK and I really enjoyed your hospitality and hope to return the favor sometime.  We'll miss him.  
The wife says she will IM you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Please keep this thread alive. 9M, you could post occasionally, to let us know current needs. It's a large community here, with a wide variety of resources. We can all help in different ways. So, if you keep us up on what you need help with, we can check here and, maybe say "Hey, I have one of those! I'll give it to The Tweaks!" Just my two cents. My communication with Tweak has been minimal, but, I have looked forward to meeting him. This is a big bummer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Another outstanding example of our legal system  If there is anything i can do please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Gee I wish we could have come to his sentencing hearing and vouched for him.  While he was going through this nightmare he was selfishlessly [is that a word?] counciling me when I first found out about my cancer.  He never even mentioned his life was anything other than normal/peaceful.  

I know you don't know me 9Millie but you, your family and Tweak will be in my prayers.  When you can give him a hug for me.

Patty
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Man...we had feared  the worst, I guess this is it.
This isn't the thread I thought I would see, but, Rob's actions prove his character, no matter the charges. Any one who knows him knows it was the medication.

Millie, I'll call later next week, I have a trip over your way, weekend after this.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to thank all for the kindnesses offered and the moral support. It is going to be a long hard row to hoe. Hopefully this is one of those bad experiences that make us stronger. I will be reading these posts to Rob when he calls tonight. He appreciates all of you and values your friendships as do I. God bless all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear about this.

I hope everything works well for you 9Millie and for Tweak.

You guys will be in my prayers.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
<-------------------
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I am so sorry that it worked out that way.  I just met you two, and you both seem like fantastic people.  Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems a lot happened while I was out.    This sucks.    I do not know the details so do not want to jump into conclusions but it seems justice was not served.    

For the few I learned about Tweak (by his posts) he did not seem the kind of person who would do what it seems he did unless affected by something.   Moreover, knowing all the harm the present medicine (or disguised poison) is causing nowadays it is not hard to believe it had a heavy influence on his behavior.   Pharmaceutical industry is completely out of control in this country.    People are dying, having their health compromised or having their judgement impaired and nothing is done about that.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Also, if I may suggest, can we get more details about this medicine?   Some research should help finding more details about it and if more people are having similar problems.    If enough evidence is found that could help reopen the case and also dump a HUGE class action lawsuit on the company making it.

Tweak seems to be a fine man and will overcome this adversity.   Godspeed!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I talked to a gal at work tonight, she told me about her husband swinging the cat by it's tail during one of his reactions to his BP meds...

Is this it?

Is there anything we should be doing?...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The sentencing hearing is tue and I'll be going to say all they will let me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Millie, I wish I could just give you a BIG HUG right now...

Hang in there girl.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Millie, I wish I could just give you a BIG HUG right now...

Hang in there girl.

Thanks for the hug. I'll hold the fort down until he comes home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So he hasn't been formally sentenced to 4 years?  Can you ask your attorney if it would help if some of his friends come and vouch for him?

Patty
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I have only met tweak 2 or 3 times... each time he was helping me with my AR... it takes a special kind of person to meat with strangers and help them... very sad to hear this news....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Patty's on to something. His sentencing hearing outcome can be influenced. Imagine the judge looking across the room, seeing 15 or 20 standup, law abiding, taxpaying supporters of Tweak, all uniformly vouching for his character! Now, THAT'S gotta leave a mark!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Patty's on to something. His sentencing hearing outcome can be influenced. Imagine the judge looking across the room, seeing 15 or 20 standup, law abiding, taxpaying supporters of Tweak, all uniformly vouching for his character! Now, THAT'S gotta leave a mark!

sounds like a good idea....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yes, but where are we going to find these 15 or 20 people that you speak of?

Trey
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Especially some of the women he's helped teach firearm safety too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#24]
OMG....this is awful.
Tweak helped me set up my tent at the last LCR. I could tell from the minute I met him he was one of those guys/friends who'd give you the shirt off his back. This REALLY SUCKS!
I'm at a loss for words.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't know what we could do from the dry side but if there's anything just say so.
Good luck and stay strong, from what I've read Tweak is a hell of a good guy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#26]
This is unbelievably bad news...please give me best regards to Tweak.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So he hasn't been formally sentenced to 4 years?  Can you ask your attorney if it would help if some of his friends come and vouch for him?

Patty

Irregardless of our effect on his sentencing, it would help his morale if we were there.  And the larger the crowd, the better.  9Millie if you'll provide the time and place, I will be there!

Dropship
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#28]
You folks will be in our prayers..

Knowing how I felt when I first read this, I can't even imagine the pain you guys are going through.

Stay strong, and know you got our support!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#29]

We lost our walking ar15 bible.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Irregardless of our effect on his sentencing, it would help his morale if we were there.  And the larger the crowd, the better.  9Millie if you'll provide the time and place, I will be there! Dropship

The sentencing hearing is at the grays harbor co. courthouse in Montesano at 0830 Tue the 17th. Not sure of the courtroom but it is on the 3rd floor.
I went to see him tonight and he is bearing up. I will go back and see him again on sunday. He can only have 3 visitors on a visiting day. DDofWA was visiting tonight when I got there. Sorry we didn't get to speak much.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#31]
9Millie, you have a IM from me.  And some prayers for you all as well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Prayers sent, and best wishes for an improved outcome.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Let him know he has a lot of supporters and if he needs anything -short of a hacksaw - all you have to do is ask.

Seriously sorry to hear this. A lot of lives have been forever changed.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Let him know he has a lot of supporters and if he needs anything -short of a hacksaw - all you have to do is ask.

Im willing to chip in on a box of hacksaw blades.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im willing to chip in on a box of hacksaw blades.

If you know someone that can fit a box of hasksaw blades in "there" then you might ass well start a pool for a cordless sawsall....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#36]
i've been reading Rob's posts, and corresponding with him for 10 years now.  

i am truly sad tonight as i read this thread.  (Forest linked it on AR15-L and i just saw it.)

i will celebrate when he gets out.  until then, i raise my glass to him.

my thoughts are with him, his family, and his loved ones who will feel his absence most.

take care, all.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#37]
So sad to hear about this turn of events.  

Doesn't this also mean he can never again be in possession of a firearm after he's released?  

rambo
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So sad to hear about this turn of events.  

Doesn't this also mean he can never again be in possession of a firearm after he's released?  

rambo

For now yes, unless we can figure out some way to prove it was medications that did it, and find a way to get it knocked down to a lesser charge...

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#39]
9Millie, I am deeply saddened to read about this. Rob has been a long-time Internet friend and organized two AR15 shoots for me when I made trips out to Microsoft in Redmond in 1999 (or was it 1997?) and 2001.

I sent you an Email.

Best regards to Rob and Family! Please stay strong.

Len Segal
Boston area

P.S. Thanks to Forest for posting the pointer in the AR15 eList.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am awed at the longtime members coming out of the woodwork for Rob, he has been here a long time and has helped a lot of people...It shows.

I'm awed also. It feels good to know we have so many friends.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am awed at the longtime members coming out of the woodwork for Rob, he has been here a long time and has helped a lot of people...It shows.

I'm awed also. It feels good to know we have so many friends.

Well this is the first i have heard of this,not that there is anything i could have done to help.

But i would like to say for the short time i have been a member i have grown to respect him and his knowledge and his decent way of dispensing it to others ALWAYS there to help in a friendly manner!

Im still in semi shock from the news,i hope and pray for a better outcome.

A heart felt hug for 9Millie and family.

Please let him know im thinking of him!

demusn79                        Please post an addy for a letter if ok.                                              
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I too am in shock to hear about this. I cannot believe that there was no alternative here. It may be true that a gun was involved but it seems clear that there are other issues involved too. I've been around the court system too long to think this was the only way.

Tweak will be missed! He was the king of Troubleshooting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm so sorry to hear of this turn of events for tweak.

He was the very first guy to help me out when I joined the boards and was having problems with my AR.

He was very patient with me and very helpfull.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#48]

demusn79  Please post an addy for a letter if ok.

When he gets to a more permenent place I will im / post an address.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Crapola
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I am truly saddened and disturbed by this news.

I've never met Tweak in person, but feel like I've known him both here and on the AR15 mail list for almost 10 years. This truly seems out of character and I feel deeply.

If money for defense or appeals is an issue, someone speak up.

Rick
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top