Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be really cool. Theres a class in Ripon early Nov, but thats 310 for 2 days. This would be cool
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On the credential issue, anything like the court print out as mentioned would be fine, to include a copy of your FFL, SBR paper work, anyting of the sort.  Here in Minnesota we have a permit to purchase that one needs to obtain from your local Law Enforcement Agency to purchase handguns or assault rifles, so if Wisconsin has something like that or Illinois permit to purchase ammunition then those are fine.  This would also include any type of EMT-P or EMT-I papers, Security License, etc.  I hope this clarifies things some.  

Stay Safe,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com  

Sully, Irv asked me to inquire about DE alumni and credentials. Is he good to go since you vetted him last summer?

If I use my medic license, are you going to make me treat the targets after I shoot them again?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgive me, but what are we looking at on the court printout?

Unfortunately (or fortunately) in WI we don't need anything other than a pass of the NICS and a driver's licience once we've filled out the 4473, so no permits to purchase or FOID cards.

Very unfortunately, our good Gubner also doesn't think we can be trusted with CCW, either.

Sully, does the cred have to come from in-state?  Like I said I've got 2 CC permits, but neither are from the state of WI.

BTW, Welcome AdrianUSP9!  (WI-CCW @ packing.org here)  I hope you got that last email from me re: open carry, and weren't disapointed.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Would a 4473 from a recent purchase, proving you have passed a NICS check work, perhaps along with a printout of all court records from the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access system?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, I'm running into a SNAFU here.  I semi ETS'd from the guard last week, so no active reserve status, so a no go on that part.  Also, I'm not sqeeky clean like the rest of you, so no clean background.  Guess I'll just have to buy some videos.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK, I'm running into a SNAFU here.  I semi ETS'd from the guard last week, so no active reserve status, so a no go on that part.  Also, I'm not sqeeky clean like the rest of you, so no clean background.  Guess I'll just have to buy some videos.

Well you can still own guns so it can't be that bad.

Hmm just got the schedual for next week looks interesting, cuz the way it looks I might just have off on the 15th which means I could leave earlier than I thought, which is good. The only bad thing is that I have off the 8th and 9th, I was hoping for the 9th 10th so I could head up and help with some of the prep work.  Was anyone else going to go up and help with some of the prep stuff?

Anyone know for sure if that course listed in Baraboo is our course?  I want to be sure I put the right one on the Application form.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A CCW permit from another state is fine, copyu of 4473 is fine, etc.  Basically some type of documentation showing that you are not by law kept from owning or possessing firearms.  We would even accept a letter from your local Police, Constable, Judge, Justice of the Peace, State Trooper,  or Sheriff stating that you are of good moral turpitude.  Military personnel may use their Military ID or a letter from their C.O..

Yes the course is listed as Baraboo, as our webmaster thought it would be a good landmark when looking at a map.  

Stay Safe,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
www.thedefensiveedge.com  

Cool thanks Sully you should be getting my stuff in the next couple days here. Can't wait !!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool, I've got a Mil. ID, and an old WI pistol background check form.  I'm still planning to head up to Stan's on the 9-10 for prep work.

Well, off to McCoy for the weekend.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a definite "go".  See you then.  Registration & proof of character being sent out in today's mail.

Still waiting on my compatriot to find out if they're attending.

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey guys who's bringing a camera? I planned on bringing mine and maybe a video camera too.....
Any objections?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I think we can bring both...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#16]
14 days to go!!!

Yah I'm excited what can I say.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey guys who's bringing a camera? I planned on bringing mine and maybe a video camera too.....
Any objections?

I plan to bring a camara as well, and post an AAR with the hope of generating interest for repeat classes and such. I'm sure we can avoid face shots of anyone who doesn't want themselves shown.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any objections?

I plan to bring a camara as well, and post an AAR with the hope of generating interest for repeat classes and such. I'm sure we can avoid face shots of anyone who doesn't want themselves shown.

Or we can just PS them out. Or better yet anyone that doesn;t want their face shown, we can PS GW's face onto their body!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I need to learn how to do that "huge octagonal pixel" thing in PS anyway...

Personally, I like the redacted, "black bar" effect.  It makes the subject look so much more "high speed".

I know we have a list of "minimum" requirements, but is there a way to get a reccomended list of gear for the class?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I need to learn how to do that "huge octagonal pixel" thing in PS anyway...

Personally, I like the redacted, "black bar" effect.  It makes the subject look so much more "high speed".

I know we have a list of "minimum" requirements, but is there a way to get a reccomended list of gear for the class?

FMD I don't know if it helps but I plan on bringing/using my SHTF set up. Holds more mags than what Sully said we'd need, but train as you fight and all that. So for me it's
Tac vest w/camelback and 12-30rdmags with two 20rd mags in a pocket on the vest.
Pistol in drop leg holster with spare mag in holster and two more on my belt.
Spent mag pouch.
Individual first aid kit
And some extra assorted gear.
And of course, extra mags, cuz well you can never have to many mags, especially on a road trip
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I could attend, but I'm taking my wife to Hawaii for our 5th Anniv. and we leave on the 16th.  Bummer (or not, we'll in in Kona for 2 weeks!).  I'm definitely looking forward to a possible date in the future for another class, maybe next spring?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Gonna be a little tough as I originally thought I would be driving only to Eau Claire and I work all day Fri.!  Looks like 5-6 hour drive for me.  What are my hotel options as I will probably be dragging in sometime around 11PM Fri nite?
Thanx,
Dave
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What are my hotel options as I will probably be dragging in sometime around 11PM Fri nite?
Thanx,
Dave

Hotels in Reedsburg:

Super 8:  608-524-2888 or 800-800-8000
Voyager Inn:  608-524-6431
Comfort Inn:  608-524-8535 or 800-521-2121
Copper Springs:  608-524-4312

I don't recommend the Motel Reedsburg.

Chamber of Commerce B&B, hotel websites

HTH.

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanx, Glenn
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#25]
So who all is on the official list of attendes for this class?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are my hotel options as I will probably be dragging in sometime around 11PM Fri nite?
Thanx,
Dave

Hotels in Reedsburg:

Super 8:  608-524-2888 or 800-800-8000
Voyager Inn:  608-524-6431
Comfort Inn:  608-524-8535 or 800-521-2121
Copper Springs:  608-524-4312

I don't recommend the Motel Reedsburg.

Chamber of Commerce B&B, hotel websites

HTH.

Glenn R.

Glenn,
Any of these places with a big enough pool to swim some laps(20yds or so?)?

I haven't gotten my paperwork in yet as I've been working my ass off but I will.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Glenn,
Any of these places with a big enough pool to swim some laps(20yds or so?)?

I know both the Super 8 and Voyageur rent out their pools for parties or work-outs, and I don't think Comfort Inn does that.  Beyond that, I'm not sure of the sizes, because I'm not a swimmer & never paid any attention.

sorry!

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Sully,

Do we have a deadline for the paperwork if payment has already been processed?

I put through our payment (listed above) but was holding off on the applications/credentials.  We're still waiting for Carrie's VA CCW permit to come through (the VSP says it was sent on the 6th).

Thanks,

-FMD

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Sully, I have the paperwork, but haven't gotten to it yet.  Don't fret, I am IN, IN, IN.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#32]
My paymenbt is in, the paperwork will be fixed in Monday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine went out today.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Paid yesterday!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Irv and I will have payment via online and paperwork via fax tomorrow.

Irv and I went out to Stan's yesterday, and met up with Chris and Will there. We put in some work cutting and burning brush, getting the site ready. It's going to be a good place for a class.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#36]
(Cross Post from the other thread)

The "before" photos:

CQB Range area, before clearing this last weekend.  The impact area is not behind the targets, but is the area washed in sunlight.  From the first target stand to the berm (where there are now 5'x8' target backers), is roughly 20M.

There are another 20-25M from that first target to the foreground in this photo.

For scale, you can see the second target backer just though the trees on the left, with the second, "primary" target area uphill on the right.

"After" photos will have to wait until class day, or until BC can take some more and post them.

Thank you Mister PX, TommyT, and Irv for coming out and clearing brush this weekend!  We got things taken care of in a hurry with all of us working.  It was great meeting fellow Arfcommers, and it's encouraging to see how dedicated BulletcatcheR is to setting up an excellent training area.  On Sunday, 4Wheelin' showed up (just in time to avoid brush clearing ) with a new toy and a good time was had by all shooting on BC's "long" range at 175 & 385M.

Thanks again to BC, MisterPX, Tommy, Irv, and Dan.

Everyone else:  You are now on KP duty!

BulletcatcheR will have a 'release of liability" disclaimer for students to sign on class day. Real simple it's basically the same form he uses when letting hunters on his property, without the 'permission slip' on top.  If it is cold having a couple of 55 G drums set up for warming fires would come in handy, he has none laying around, so if someone wants to donate one and can bring it along, thank you!  There will also be a Porta Pot on-site.

-FMD

PS:  Folks, we cleared the brush, but there's still plenty of stubble. I highly encourage you to wear long sleeves for the class!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I have access to drums, but I didn't have a good transporter to get them there (trust me Kris, you didn't want them in the back of the Jeep).  I'll see if I can borrow a minivan, or a pickup next weekend.  It will most likely be very cool (mid 40's to high 30's) in the evenings, so dress/pack appropriately.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
...trust me Kris, you didn't want them in the back of the Jeep...

It will most likely be very cool (mid 40's to high 30's) in the evenings, so dress/pack appropriately.

Thanks for not putting oily drums in the back of my wife's vehicle!  Spent brass is one thing, but...

FWIW, we'll have the dogs going to the kennel in Madison next weekend, so I'll be unable to offer you a ride.

+1 on dressing appropriately.  Dressing in layers should work, as this weekend overnight temps went down to just above freezing (at least it felt that way to me), with daytime highs at 70+.

Right now the magic 8 ball weather man says it'll be the same, with Friday night being a little wet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It will most likely be very cool (mid 40's to high 30's) in the evenings, so dress/pack appropriately.

Thanks for not putting oily drums in the back of my wife's vehicle!  Spent brass is one thing, but...

FWIW, we'll have the dogs going to the kennel in Madison next weekend, so I'll be unable to offer you a ride.

+1 on dressing appropriately.  Dressing in layers should work, as this weekend overnight temps went down to just above freezing (at least it felt that way to me), with daytime highs at 70+.

Right now the magic 8 ball weather man says it'll be the same, with Friday night being a little wet.

Hmm a little wet well that means two things, it's either going to rain like a SOB or were not getting shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm a little wet well that means two things, it's either going to rain like a SOB or were not getting shit.

My last Defensive Edge class taught me how to participate in a firefight during a monsoon. I'm betting on rain.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My last Defensive Edge class taught me how to participate in a firefight during a monsoon. I'm betting on rain.

I shoot in good weather or bad weather, I don't care. can't pick the time date and weather that you get to get into a shoot out in. Well maybe the army can, but I can't.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]
LOOKING GOOD.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=185695&page=2
Check in here for the latest site info.I have these campers:
Mr PX
photoman
FMD
AnnieO
The Kill

If you plan to camp and aren't on this list LMK.

If the weather is extremely foul the shop has got plenty of heated space to 'hide out in',there's 3 tabletops and more room for cotsfor the campers.
Sully can also use the shop for 'classroom' if it's nasty outside.

TNX to the landscaping crew.More info at the Range update thread.

BulletcatchR

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
LOOKING GOOD.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=185695&page=2
Check in here for the latest site info.I have these campers:
Mr PX
photoman
FMD
AnnieO
The Kill

If you plan to camp and aren't on this list LMK.

If the weather is extremely foul the shop has got plenty of heated space to 'hide out in',there's 3 tabletops and more room for cotsfor the campers.
Sully can also use the shop for 'classroom' if it's nasty outside.

TNX to the landscaping crew.More info at the Range update thread.

BulletcatchR

hey BC i think Tommy is camping to he said something about it over in the SF.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Tommy and Irv
Got it.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Sully, I'm faxing my paperwork in right now. I'll also bring the originals to the class to give to you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Sully....dumb question...can we run through this course with optics......or do we need iron sights. Went out to sight in my AR yesterday and removeable handle w/sight will not work on it as it is a very early pre-ban flattop....carry handle was milled off and base added.......about 1/4" higher than current production. I see DPMS offers an extended front sight post.........doubt I would have it here on time without extra shipping. Anyone have an extended post to sell that they can bring? Will we have sight-in time/opportunity for sight changes?  
Application/credentials faxed...originals will be brought to class.
Registered @ Reedsburg Super 8.
Thanks,
Dave

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Sully....dumb question...can we run through this course with optics......or do we need iron sights. Went out to sight in my AR yesterday and removeable handle w/sight will not work on it as it is a very early pre-ban flattop....carry handle was milled off and base added.......about 1/4" higher than current production. I see DPMS offers an extended front sight post.........doubt I would have it here on time without extra shipping. Anyone have an extended post to sell that they can bring? Will we have sight-in time/opportunity for sight changes?  
Application/credentials faxed...originals will be brought to class.
Registered @ Reedsburg Super 8.
Thanks,
Dave

Well I ain't Sully, but I'm thinking optics are ok at least i hope so cuz both my guns are glassed in one way or another. As far as the front sight post I can;t help ya out. I actually need to get one to go with the ARMS#40 BUIS I have. Check with Bravo Company USA. There a wisconsin company so if they have one you may be able to get it before the class.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Whats the official list of participants for the class?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Whats the official list of participants for the class?

I'm deferring the question to Sully, as I think "official" should mean "paid" at this point.
Page / 6
Top Top