Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
you're making me proud Enigma1, stick it to him
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
So I'm woke up this a.m. at 6:30 by his banging & slamming of what ever the hell he's doing over there. The slow burn continues, I'm at the cop shop when it opens & have a seat in the chief of police's office. He's not sure on any DOH developments as it was just yesterday. A letter has been drafted & sent to him about his business in a residential area ( he actually gave an officer his business card !  .........doh ! ) He was also informed that if any more noise complaints are called in there will be fines involved.

So I get home & grab the digital camera & go into the backyard & start updating the pictures of the area & then start taking pictures of the mexicans on his roof working ( did they have fall protection ? :)  )
They start to immediatly flip out about being photographed, so I start clicking as fast as the camera will go & then head inside. 2 min. later Mr. Asshole is knocking on my door. I open the door & let him "in". Oh my I forgot I don't have my cover shirt on, Mr. Assholes mouth drops open, may I help you ? Your taking pictures of my guys ! whats up ? I calmy tell him that I can't express how mad I am at him & everything that is transpiring. He immediatly dismisses my concerns because he's looking to "get moved out of here" WTF ? It's like I'm just gonna fuck you guys over just a little more and then I'll be done ok ! I ask him politely to leave, he gawks down again & stomps off.

I arrive at DOH & speak w/ the investigator. She says that he would not allow her to go into the back yard so she was confined to the front, he was very defensive & protective of his business. She noted numerous violations from improper storage to leaking/ dumping  areas on the property she was granted access to. DOH it seems does not have the authority to investigate where it needs to w/o permission nor can they assess monetary fines. A toothless dog, however one that could hopefully move his thought process to the mid brain for his decision making & open the doors for other entities w/ issues still waiting to be addressed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So I'm woke up this a.m. at 6:30 by his banging & slamming of what ever the hell he's doing over there. The slow burn continues, I'm at the cop shop when it opens & have a seat in the chief of police's office. He's not sure on any DOH developments as it was just yesterday. A letter has been drafted & sent to him about his business in a residential area ( he actually gave an officer his business card !  .........doh ! ) He was also informed that if any more noise complaints are called in there will be fines involved.

So I get home & grab the digital camera & go into the backyard & start updating the pictures of the area & then start taking pictures of the mexicans on his roof working ( did they have fall protection ? :)  )
They start to immediatly flip out about being photographed, so I start clicking as fast as the camera will go & then head inside. 2 min. later Mr. Asshole is knocking on my door. I open the door & let him "in". Oh my I forgot I don't have my cover shirt on, Mr. Assholes mouth drops open, may I help you ? Your taking pictures of my guys ! whats up ? I calmy tell him that I can't express how mad I am at him & everything that is transpiring. He immediatly dismisses my concerns because he's looking to "get moved out of here" WTF ? It's like I'm just gonna fuck you guys over just a little more and then I'll be done ok ! I ask him politely to leave, he gawks down again & stomps off.

I arrive at DOH & speak w/ the investigator. She says that he would not allow her to go into the back yard so she was confined to the front, he was very defensive & protective of his business. She noted numerous violations from improper storage to leaking/ dumping  areas on the property she was granted access to. DOH it seems does not have the authority to investigate where it needs to w/o permission nor can they assess monetary fines. A toothless dog, however one that could hopefully move his thought process to the mid brain for his decision making & open the doors for other entities w/ issues still waiting to be addressed.

From the pictures it looks like they can investigate from YOUR yard and work back towards his, no?
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
So did you htink about contacting your states Department of natural resources? I know around here when it comes to shit like spills and such they are all over it. They at least around here have even more "powers" than the cops do as far as where they can go and what they can do without a warrent.

Just a thought......
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hokie : Investigating from my property has unwanted side effects. My property can be labeled a toxic area (on deed) if a certain entity investigates or has it referred to them & finds it contaminated. Not worth it

Photoman : DNR huh ? never thought of that, they are next !

Thanks for the ideas & input everyone !  They help me to look at things from  different perspectives & keep me from getting tunnel vision
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hokie : Investigating from my property has unwanted side effects. My property can be labeled a toxic area (on deed) if a certain entity investigates or has it referred to them & finds it contaminated. Not worth it

Thanks for the ideas & input everyone !  They help me to look at things from  different perspectives & keep me from getting tunnel vision

Dont waste your time with DNR...

Your next step is Sno. Co. Department of Emergency Management, They have deep pockets and they can put pressure on the next up the line..

The Prob is looking like no one wants to pay for this...for the big guys it is to small to worry about, and for the smaller guys, it is to much and needs to be sent up the chain..

Im starting to think you may have to have a private contractor come in clean it up and then go after the neighbor in court. for damages.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it's time to go Federal and try the EPA. Your neighbor is respsonsable to clean up the mess.
You might also get a clean-up estimate from a local haz-mat firm and see if his insurance covers it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Shovel it up and toss it over the fence?
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your next step is Sno. Co. Department of Emergency Management, They have deep pockets and they can put pressure on the next up the line..

The Prob is looking like no one wants to pay for this...for the big guys it is to small to worry about, and for the smaller guys, it is to much and needs to be sent up the chain..

Im starting to think you may have to have a private contractor come in clean it up and then go after the neighbor in court. for damages.

I tend to agree with your last idea. IMHO, no public agencies will have the mandate or the funds to pay for this cleanup. I don't believe it's a matter of whether they "want" to help or not.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope that my discust I have not unfairly painted LE or any personel from any of the agencies that have been involved in trying to help me in a negitive light as that is truely not the case. They have all tried to work within the scope of their authority & did the best that they could do w/ what they were given. I wish to extend a warm thank you to all who have offered up help & advice in & out of the system (you know who you are )
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

DNR doesn't have any powers outside of their lands.

Best bet is to give the DOE another shout-out, call the EPA, and then unleash that e-mail to the newsfolks. If your looking for a private contractor for cleanup, I know Argus Pacific is excellent in the greater Seattle area.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Shovel it up and toss it over the fence?

That is what I do with the neighbors dog shit minus the fence. I walked a shovel full over to thier yard and flung it all over hell while they were out working on a car in the driveway. I told them if the dog they have can shit all over my yard then I should be able to return the favor about once a week. Of course we do not talk much anymore...

Neighbor problems suck....Good luck on this bro....

Belial
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I just read this whole thread and I am so pissed off.....I hope everything goes ok for you with this. Be careful he does not try and pull a B.S. "brandishing"  charge on you.

If he is up to no good, he wont like all the attention he is getting. Maybe he will tone thing down a bit.

Did still looked shocked when he took the parting glance at your gun, or did his attitude change more to a "So you think your a tough guy? Pathetic. You don’t scare me." kind of look?

Be careful with this guy. If he is getting more and more cocky, even with all the attention...who knows what he is really capable of?

Link Posted: 3/2/2005 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#15]
He's lived next door long enough to know I'm a firearms enthusiast (6+ years or so). No his look was more of being off balance, probably from getting his first look of a holstered 1911 in condition 1 & knowing it was loaded, you know the look ya get from those that don't understand the operation and safety features of the pistol. But ya your right I need that like a hole in the head.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tend to agree with your last idea. IMHO, no public agencies will have the mandate or the funds to pay for this cleanup. I don't believe it's a matter of whether they "want" to help or not.

Actually no public entity has to foot the bill for this. The clean up cost of a hazmat spill is paid for 100% by the company or individual whos mess it is. The neighbor is 100% responceable for paying to have the mess cleaned up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I know in Maine there's a deductable that the violator pays, then the state (your tax money) picks up the tab.  Each state is different though.

Enigma.....you're on public water, right?
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup public water & sewer
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]
rent the house you live in to a wild pack of gay hippies that like rough men....

he will move...

I would
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
rent the house you live in to a wild pack of gay hippies that like rough men....

he will move...

I would

Well about 10:30 last night he started roofing an overhang & using the skill saw, dialed 911   ....again  20 min later all was quiet. According to DOH he has agreed to clean up the messes & correct all violations. I've decided he's not to be on my property w/o supervision & prior permission, I should not have to relay this to anyone, however seeing as how if the moron had a brain he'd take it out & play w/ it I had better tell someone.

ETA : Damn it ! I wasted post 1k on this asshole, well it has been a semi decent day up till now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best bet is to give the DOE another shout-out, call the EPA, and then unleash that e-mail to the newsfolks. If your looking for a private contractor for cleanup, I know Argus Pacific is excellent in the greater Seattle area.

Wasn't sure how it worked out there. I know here especially if it is a spill on a factory site or even along the road, the WDNR gets involved. Even if it's private property. The wisconsin DNR is far reaching in what they can do.....

And what they can take from you.

Enigma1 I hope you get the help on this you need and it gets resolved. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't sure how it worked out there. I know here especially if it is a spill on a factory site or even along the road, the WDNR gets involved. Even if it's private property. The wisconsin DNR is far reaching in what they can do.....

And what they can take from you.

Enigma1 I hope you get the help on this you need and it gets resolved. Good luck.

Photoman - I think that here in WA, the DOE is more like the WI DNR.... our DNR deals with land use and logging issues... DOE does the environmental stuff, but teeth are lacking.... [and I can say this because I work for them!!]
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yes but I don't know if he even has a licience or bonding. He got pissed off at his employer ( so I heard) & started his own little busniss out of his house. I know he doesn't have a permit to run out of a residential area, but city hall has no code enforcement (been there). He has a few employee's  (scumbags) I'm hoping he 's under the table, IRS time.  I know this is starting to sound like I'm an asshole, but you know I've had all I'm gonna take.

Ooh! Ooh! Call L&I! They LOOOOOVE unlicensed contractors...
Per state law, his license #  MUST be on EVERY piece of equipment, stationary, ad, etc...
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes but I don't know if he even has a licience or bonding. He got pissed off at his employer ( so I heard) & started his own little busniss out of his house. I know he doesn't have a permit to run out of a residential area, but city hall has no code enforcement (been there). He has a few employee's  (scumbags) I'm hoping he 's under the table, IRS time.  I know this is starting to sound like I'm an asshole, but you know I've had all I'm gonna take.

Ooh! Ooh! Call L&I! They LOOOOOVE unlicensed contractors...
Per state law, his license #  MUST be on EVERY piece of equipment, stationary, ad, etc...

Thank you sir !  Looking into aquiring the info right after work today. Oh & today is 1 week from the last visit from DOH, no one has contacted me about cleaning up the mess on my property. Better call her today & touch base w/ her before she comes out to re-inspect.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Did you ever get this issue resolved?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Not a whole lot has happened so far. There have been numerous visits by doh, the last I heard they were going to lable his property as a "toxic area" on the deed. I am going to touch base w/ doe tomorrow & see where at in the process they are at & request a copy of the file upon the listing of the property as well as a copy of the deed it's self w/ "TOXIC AREA" stamped on it or what ever they do. This has been a long & slow go here w/ lots of frustration. However the asshole was taken to jail a few weeks ago for knocking his old lady around, I was hoping this was going to signal a large self destructing implosion, it never happened I still have faith it will happen ......................................
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn..that sucks.  He screws up his property and it becomes "toxic" and subsequently hurts your property values.

UGH!  I'm sorry to hear about this one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top