Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 8:03:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
About 2-3x per year Aldi gets in a bunch of German food products among them bread in the shape of a brick and it's sliced super thin. It's not sandwich bread and very crumbly. Some of it is pumpernickel, some has sunflower seeds in it.

Can someone tell me how this bread is eaten?

Although very dry I find it satisfying just to eat out of hand and it certainly helps with, uh, "digestion".

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's very good with smoked salmon on it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I cut a hole in the middle, toast one side in a pan, flip it over and crack an egg into the void while the second side toasts.  

Grew find of that type of bread during high school as an army brat in Heidelberg. (So long ago it was in West Germany)

Joat
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
They sell it at the Natural Grocers near me.  I like to toast it and put on cream cheese with a little smoked salmon or trout.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
With fresh/creme cheese of your choosing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top