Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 4:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
...and the officer who was filmed roughing up the kid has a history of using excessive force.

Stop selling roses...and pick up that can, citizen.

https://www.wistv.com/2024/04/03/live-family-13-year-old-speak-after-viewing-summerville-arrest-footage/

Summerville PD is also in the spotlight after an off-duty officer of beyond considerable experience (NYPD) shot and killed a NC man after an altercation in a Chik-Fil-A parking lot.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bounch of “community leader” ready to protest the police dept. says its racially motivated. Sigh everyone wants a pay day. havent seen the whole video but i would bet they were asked to leave the store front and became typical asshole youths.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:
Bounch of “community leader” ready to protest the police dept. says its racially motivated. Sigh everyone wants a pay day. havent seen the whole video but i would bet they were asked to leave the store front and became typical asshole youths.
View Quote

yeh I feel ya... me and my friends never had community leaders stepping up... if the kid was just selling the Palmetto roses he should never have been approached, or maybe they should have used a different approach.

on the LEO behalf though... you deal with so much crap all the time, some have it imbedded.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#3]
Bunch of “community leaders” ready to protest the police dept. says its racially motivated. Sigh everyone wants a pay day. Haven't seen the whole video but i would bet they were asked to leave the store front and became typical asshole youths.
View Quote

Evidently the video(s) taken by body came/witnesses shows otherwise.

As for the officer in question:

The training documents obtained by Live 5 show Officer Ghi was fired from the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office for violating conduct when he continued to push a man’s head against the hood of his car during an incident back in 2002.

He reportedly resigned from the North Charleston Police Department in 2018 during an internal investigation involving a policy violation, the violations were then sustained.

Ghi started with Summerville 17 days later.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

The training documents obtained by Live 5 show Officer Ghi was fired from the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office for violating conduct when he continued to push a man’s head against the hood of his car during an incident back in 2002.

He reportedly resigned from the North Charleston Police Department in 2018 during an internal investigation involving a policy violation, the violations were then sustained.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Bunch of “community leaders” ready to protest the police dept. says its racially motivated. Sigh everyone wants a pay day. Haven't seen the whole video but i would bet they were asked to leave the store front and became typical asshole youths.

Article says they cant prove or disprove from video that he assaulted the female officer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s the bodycam video released by SPD today

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ce96OKqXUA
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
OK after watching that, yes the cop was a bit testy, but it was in response to a very disrespectful mouthy kid. Not defending the cops actions just saying...
here is the whole scenario in one nut shell... just like many young men that didn't get to go home after a police interaction... Kid actually wasn't raised right. 13 years old and using a mouth and his fists like that? he's got a bright future in the system.
what do all these type of situations have in common?  non compliance ... that starts with how you were raised...

I was quite the mischievous hell raiser when I was his age, but never a juvenile delinquent, I was never destructive or disrespectful toward anyone of authority... if those words would have come out of my mouth at any adult... my bible thumping mother and military father would have whooped my ass.. and I knew it!

said it before, say it again... not a race issue, it's a cultural issue
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Where are these community leaders not that he cursed at the cops and punched a woman? They gonna go protest at his parents house? Its not a race issue its a disrespectful lil shit issue. Same with a lot of kids these days. Theyve learned that they can do what they want and people wont reach out and touch them. Then when someone does its cry victim. The comments on the video are pretty spot of.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
He was at the entrance trying to peddle his "roses." That violates the store's no solicitation policy (signs are posted).

The cops first addressed him through the car's PA system, not even getting out. They just told him he needed to move along. He ignored them.

He got belligerent (I'm pretty certain he didn't call the female officer a "white bitch" in the spirit of kumbaya) and and he escalated. It didn't need to go that way, and probably wouldn't have with proper parenting.

As for the "community leaders" and the lawyer representing the family, the world would be a better place if they put effort into correcting this behavior instead of defending & rationalizing it
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#9]
The kid's lawyer is now officially under investigation by SLED on accusations that he forged a signature of a former client who was suing a lowcountry LE agency for excessive force. Pendarvis allegedly told the client that he could get in upwards of 300K but in reality only 10K and then Pendarvis allegedly forged the client's signature approving the 10K sum.

Okayyyyyyyyyyyy....

https://www.wistv.com/2024/04/12/sled-confirms-investigation-into-sc-state-rep-pendarvis/
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The kid's lawyer is now officially under investigation by SLED on accusations that he forged a signature of a former client who was suing a lowcountry LE agency for excessive force. Pendarvis allegedly told the client that he could get in upwards of 300K but in reality only 10K and then Pendarvis allegedly forged the client's signature approving the 10K sum.

Okayyyyyyyyyyyy....

https://www.wistv.com/2024/04/12/sled-confirms-investigation-into-sc-state-rep-pendarvis/
View Quote

Poor racist screaming ambulance chaser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top