Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 11:02:56 AM EDT
My 10/22 is too long for my kid.  I tried Brownells, etc. but I’m not seeing anything except an AR-style carbine stock that is shorter.  Anyone here solved this before?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hogue makes a 12” LOP over molded 10/22 stock. On our two 10/22s I have Magpul X-22 Hunter stocks. My wife is short (5ft) and uses hers with no spacers. I use 2 to 3 spacers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx, can’t find that on their site, I suppose there’s a SKU on the box or any model #?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a take off wood stock from gunbroker and sawed off some. Got the stock for $50 I think.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sandlewood_3:
I bought a take off wood stock from gunbroker and sawed off some. Got the stock for $50 I think.
View Quote

I did that for a Marlin model 60.   Drilled a couple 1/4 inch holes first, then took three 3/4" slices off with a bandsaw.   With the holes I could use a dowel and put the slices back on as they grew.   When they were old enough I glued it all back together and sanded it smooth.  There is just three lines there now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
All good suggestions thank you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd  rebarrel with a 16" barrel while you're at. It will be a bit handier and that little 22lr starts slowing down in the longer barrels anyway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of 10/22's setup with the Adaptive Tactical Tac-Hammer Stock for people to borrow for Project Appleseed Rifle Clinics I help teach in Virginia.

The adjustable LOP stock allows for shooters of all size to get the correct length. I set these up with red dot sights so eye relief isn't an issue.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#8]
10/22 Compact

Attachment Attached File

Ruger is showing this as available (rifle at least) with a 12.5” LOP.

I had a version with a wooden stock some years ago, but didn’t see those listed.

You might call Ruger CS. Several people in the RAR thread have called them and said their rifle is for a kid, and Ruger has sent them a compact stock for free. Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top