[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah that's good news.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Campground at Norris Lake in Tazewell was hit. My camper is the 5th wheel over the shoulder of the guy with the chainsaw, gonna come check on it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2936_jpeg-3208779.JPG

Campground at Norris Lake in Tazewell was hit. My camper is the 5th wheel over the shoulder of the guy with the chainsaw, gonna come check on it tomorrow.
View Quote
Dang man, good luck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It is everywhere.  Clarksville keeps getting hit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2936_jpeg-3208779.JPG

View Quote

I live in Tazewell. It missed us for the most part.

My wife's family is in Bean Station. They got a lot of busted windows and beat up roofs/siding from hail.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The bulk of it missed us in Johnson County
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#12]
Attachment Attached File

Camper looks fine, but this is the closest TVA would let our cousins get to it with a downline amongst those trees. Kid got killed less than a mile away Sitting in his car and a tree fell on him.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#14]
All good here in south Nashville.  Lots of rain, lots of noise, but nothing compared to adjoining areas.  They got pounded and we got lucky.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Tuesday night hit us harder than Wednesday.  All good. Lost power for maybe five hours.

Picked up another generator today.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Very fortunate in Henry County.  We'd had some 1-1.5" hail come down yesterday afternoon.

Last night we had some high winds and lots of rain, but no hail or tornados.

Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#17]
Seemed to just be a lot of lightning and rain, here.  Fried my modem, but I had already gotten a couple emails telling me it was time to turn it in for an upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#18]
We dodged a bullet:  3 miles away, it looks like a bomb went off:

Part of a friend's barn about 150 yards from the barn:

One mile away down in the valley below us; big trees but no damage, except for perhaps the fence:

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean] [#19]
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
@kcobean you ok buddy? I have friends kinda close to you with no electricity. Morrison to the Country Club are without electricity. Lots of trees and power lines down.
View Quote

Just seeing this.  We're all good here at Liberty Manor.  No trees down, power flickered a couple of times, but otherwise ok.  I was a Net-control station for MTEARS for about 4 hours from 10 PM to 2 AM and it was a VERY busy night.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I learned a bit ago that the Nashville National Weather Service office issued over 200 Warnings during the weather that moved through the other day.  That likely doesn't include watches and special weather statements.  The MTEARS network re-transmitted all of these, in addition to those relevant to TN from the Memphis, Huntsville and Morristown offices.  All combined, I suspect we transmitted over a thousand announcements in a 24 hour period.  It was a crazy 24 hours!

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
The tornado in Columbia just missed me - by "just" as in a few hundred yards.

No damage at all at my house but walk a couple hundred yards north and the damage begins - houses damaged and trees / utility lines down. Thankfully everyone in this immediate area was ok from my understanding.p

I spent several hours running a saw and helping clear the road and driveways for folks. Still a lot of cleanup needed but roads are clear, originally 3 of 4 routes out were blocked.

We finally have power back and cell service restored (AT&T has been very sporadic since the storm).
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ishootglocks:
The tornado in Columbia just missed me - by "just" as in a few hundred yards.

No damage at all at my house but walk a couple hundred yards north and the damage begins - houses damaged and trees / utility lines down. Thankfully everyone in this immediate area was ok from my understanding.p

I spent several hours running a saw and helping clear the road and driveways for folks. Still a lot of cleanup needed but roads are clear, originally 3 of 4 routes out were blocked.

We finally have power back and cell service restored (AT&T has been very sporadic since the storm).
View Quote
Yeah Columbia was hit pretty hard.   Here working now.   Glad you guys made it through ok.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:24:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#24]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

Just seeing this.  We're all good here at Liberty Manor.  No trees down, power flickered a couple of times, but otherwise ok.  I was a Net-control station for MTEARS for about 4 hours from 10 PM to 2 AM and it was a VERY busy night.  Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
@kcobean you ok buddy? I have friends kinda close to you with no electricity. Morrison to the Country Club are without electricity. Lots of trees and power lines down.

ETA:  Where's your ham icon?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Merlin:

View Quote

yeah, I need to fix that.  What do I need to provide to whom?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Who-to-contact-for-the-various-icons-/169-2297691/
Top Top