Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2024 11:33:20 PM EDT
AWB article

Petition against it, yeah I know RMGO...
Yeah yeah, they got it derailed last year tho...
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
When do we coordinate with RMGOs (or another org) to go to the Capital for discussions?  It’s clear (always has been) this isn’t about safety or gun violence it’s about taking guns.  If it were about safety, they be going after the criminals.  As usual, their bills and professed rationale show how uniformed they are and/or what their real intentions are.

If we could develop cohesive, fact based talking points and advertise the truth to the public (as well as the legislators) we could at least expose the hypocrisy of these people.  We’d have to do it with an organization though, RMGOs seems the right way to go.  Are there other orgs we could contact and see if there’s an interest?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By damoroso:
When do we coordinate with RMGOs (or another org) to go to the Capital for discussions?  It’s clear (always has been) this isn’t about safety or gun violence it’s about taking guns.  If it were about safety, they be going after the criminals.  As usual, their bills and professed rationale show how uniformed they are and/or what their real intentions are.

If we could develop cohesive, fact based talking points and advertise the truth to the public (as well as the legislators) we could at least expose the hypocrisy of these people.  We’d have to do it with an organization though, RMGOs seems the right way to go.  Are there other orgs we could contact and see if there’s an interest?
View Quote

Usually RMGO sends out alerts. The Gun grabbers basically schedule their meetings last minute to try to make sure as few people as possible from the pro-gun side can make it. Be prepared to spend the whole day there if you go. Get on their mailing/texting list if you want updates. I know they have not the best reputation after pudley, but he's gone now. They will hit you up for money which is annoying but at least they are doing something.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Usually RMGO sends out alerts. The Gun grabbers basically schedule their meetings last minute to try to make sure as few people as possible from the pro-gun side can make it. Be prepared to spend the whole day there if you go. Get on their mailing/texting list if you want updates. I know they have not the best reputation after pudley, but he's gone now. They will hit you up for money which is annoying but at least they are doing something.
View Quote

They try every trick in the book.  I have the ability to head down almost anytime and am willing to do so.  I just know heading down without appointments or other organizational effort is usually a complete waste of time. and honestly I don’t know where to start.  I have had a few conversations with representatives, they seem very interested but never follow through with agreed next steps.  

I’m happy to donate to RMGO’s as you said, at least they’re doing something.  I have a lot of experience with fed gov, I have an idea how these people typically think.  I believe, if we point out 1) how useless their measures to date have been against their professed goals and 2) what could actually be done to address actual gun violence, and then advertise that approach (social media, targeted audiences, elections etc.) we can at lease expose them if not change their approach.  I don’t think I can do that myself though...
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I know RMGO gets badmouthed a lot around here, but I really don't see anyone else making as much progress as RMGO.  There are a lot of bullshit bills/laws that need to be fought.  So I recently joined up, became a paying member.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#5]
Originally Posted By Kalmah:
I know RMGO gets badmouthed a lot around here, but I really don't see anyone else making as much progress as RMGO.  There are a lot of bullshit bills/laws that need to be fought.  So I recently joined up, became a paying member.
View Quote

Most of the badmouthing goes back a decade when a different guy ran it, who was an ass and a grifter, and got rope-a-doped by a dem legislator about the mag ban. Alot of folks blame him for it, I think he got played and it was gonna pass anyway.

The current org, IDK, they definitely have grifter vibes, but at least have filed lawsuits against the stuff from last year, this year, and have been effective at shouting down the AWB every year its come up since 2013. I figure 30 bucks or whatever is money spent well enough in that regard, and they are at least effective at organizing people to show up and fight against shit.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Most of the badmouthing goes back a decade when a different guy ran it, who was an ass and a grifter, and got rope-a-doped by a dem legislator about the mag ban. Alot of folks blame him for it, I think he got played and it was gonna pass anyway.

The current org, IDK, they definitely have grifter vibes, but at least have filed lawsuits against the stuff from last year, this year, and have been effective at shouting down the AWB every year its come up since 2013. I figure 30 bucks or whatever is money spent well enough in that regard, and they are at least effective at organizing people to show up and fight against shit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

Pudley is still there, but in the background. RMGO also recently bad-mouthed the CSSA (that smells like Pudley). Not cool.

I'm trying to give RMGO the benefit of the doubt, but they have a lot of damage to repair.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

Pudley is still there, but in the background. RMGO also recently bad-mouthed the CSSA (that smells like Pudley). Not cool.

I'm trying to give RMGO the benefit of the doubt, but they have a lot of damage to repair.
View Quote

I'm honestly in the all of the above camp, literally the more groups that can put pressure on legislators and organize people against this shit the better. I'm a member of both.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard it elsewhere.  The closer we approach collapse the more desperate they want to restrict 2A.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
MrGunsAndGear did a video on this one a few days ago.  Mirrored a 2A lawyer’s video I had seen about a week prior, so they both agree this is nearly guaranteed to pass.

Are any of the organizations putting pressure on counties to pass 2A sanctuary resolutions, much like VCDL did in 2019?  That took a lot more time than we have, and the dem majority in both houses means they may not care about the resolutions of counties or statements of non-compliance from sheriffs.  But are we trying anyway?  Or just stocking up as much as possible?  Because this thing is supposed to take effect Aug of this year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
MrGunsAndGear did a video on this one a few days ago.  Mirrored a 2A lawyer’s video I had seen about a week prior, so they both agree this is nearly guaranteed to pass.

Are any of the organizations putting pressure on counties to pass 2A sanctuary resolutions, much like VCDL did in 2019?  That took a lot more time than we have, and the dem majority in both houses means they may not care about the resolutions of counties or statements of non-compliance from sheriffs.  But are we trying anyway?  Or just stocking up as much as possible?  Because this thing is supposed to take effect Aug of this year.
View Quote

I mean it was also supposed to pass last year and the year before etc. The Dems have put this up pretty much every year since 2012. And for the most part they have had the majority since IDK 2016 or so IIRC. But maybe these guys are right and this is the year it finally passes, its also far worse than the shit they put up in previous years.

Sanctuary stuff, who knows, we all know how well enforced the mag ban is, but some other bills are looking to fuck gun retailers as well. I doubt any dealers are actually gonna violate the law to sell you traceable serialized stuff like AR's etc if this actually passes.

About all you can do is send money to RMGO and CSSA and show the fuck up at the capitol in protest of it en masse. Call your reps even if they are retarded Dems etc.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]

I mean it was also supposed to pass last year and the year before etc. The Dems have put this up pretty much every year since 2012. And for the most part they have had the majority since IDK 2016 or so IIRC. But maybe these guys are right and this is the year it finally passes, its also far worse than the shit they put up in previous years.

Sanctuary stuff, who knows, we all know how well enforced the mag ban is, but some other bills are looking to fuck gun retailers as well. I doubt any dealers are actually gonna violate the law to sell you traceable serialized stuff like AR's etc if this actually passes.

About all you can do is send money to RMGO and CSSA and show the fuck up at the capitol in protest of it en masse. Call your reps even if they are retarded Dems etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:

I think this is baked into the cake and guns stores in Cheyenne are going to doing alot of business on parts once nobody will ship anything into CO.

You're damned sure I'm stocking up on everything I need. I kind of regret spending as much on Ammo and reloading components in the last six months... Those don't look like they're going to be banned anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot666:
View Quote
Submitted my testimony.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot666:
View Quote

Thanks for that update! Hopefully I can make it yet again for the nth year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:29:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hockeysew] [#15]
Odd
2000+ drug related deaths in this state for the last 3+ years
40,000+ illegal migrants to the state in the last year
Denver having to close city services for citizens due to the monetary crisis caused by the migrants
10,000+ homeless in the streets
Denver taking over hotels near the defunct Stapelton to house said homeless
4000+ drug related 911 calls to those hotels in the 1st 100 days of 2024

And this is our lawmakers top priority?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:33:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#16]
Originally Posted By hockeysew:
Odd
2000+ drug related deaths in this state for the last 3+ years
40,000+ illegal migrants to the state in the last year
Denver having to close city services for citizens due to the monetary crisis caused by the migrants
10,000+ homeless in the streets
Denver taking over hotels near the defunct Stapelton to house said homeless
4000+ drug related 911 calls to those hotels in the 1st 100 days of 2024

And this is our lawmakers top priority?
View Quote

It's definitely gotten worse. I had to visit a customer near Santa Fe and I25 and when I pulled up to the light 20 illegals came into the street trying to wash everyone's windows. I've seen smaller crews do this trying to sell flowers and shit in North Denver, but this was a much bigger crowd.

Bunch of skeevy looking Venezuelans I think.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
So the hearing on this is Tuesday?  Are folks headed down for a show of force?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Slickbaby:
So the hearing on this is Tuesday?  Are folks headed down for a show of force?
View Quote

Yep. Hopefully plenty of people show up in person. I feel like the remote option wont have the same impact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top