Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2024 2:20:17 PM EDT
Reminder to get yours & your kids picks in for this fall.

Closes March 20, 2024

Good luck & don’t hold your breath.

https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/draw/draw
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate NMGF so much. And they need to refund WITH interest. I can’t wait to see what I did t draw for again because I’m a resident…..
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Draw 1 for Bear and Turkey deadline is tomorrow Feb 14th.
I always put in for both Bear and Turkey just to get myself in the mood for total "REJECTON"!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:
I hate NMGF so much. And they need to refund WITH interest. I can’t wait to see what I did t draw for again because I’m a resident…..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:

I hear ya, they are assholes for sure.

Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
Draw 1 for Bear and Turkey deadline is tomorrow Feb 14th.
I always put in for both Bear and Turkey just to get myself in the mood for total "REJECTON"!!!

I thought Turkey was OTC?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Turkey is OTC in most parts of the state.  But there are several areas that are draw only.  Including a draw for Goulds down south.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gourami:
Turkey is OTC in most parts of the state.  But there are several areas that are draw only.  Including a draw for Goulds down south.
View Quote

Didn’t know we had draw areas for Turkey. I don’t pay much attention to the Turkey sections of the game guide.

They’ve made a mess of the whole hunting system. Sometimes I think it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dangermouse78:

Didn’t know we had draw areas for Turkey. I don’t pay much attention to the Turkey sections of the game guide.

They’ve made a mess of the whole hunting system. Sometimes I think it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gourami:

I always put in for the Valle Vidal Turkey hunt just because I like to spend time in the Valle Vidal whenever I can.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#7]
So a little late notice guys, but the draw ended on March 20th. I just got mine in on the 19th.

This will be the first year I have 3 family members attached to my applications. Not exactly sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but guess we’ll know soon enough.

Edit: going to do an otc spring turkey hunt as well. Anything to get out in the woods, away from the city.

Also, good luck everyone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just hoping to draw a deer tag but an elk tag would be nice also, the day the results come out is always exciting.

Gonna do a turkey/ fishing trip, probably in the Gila.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Draw Results Posted
06:00  4/17/2024

I got a couple GREEN results

Deer Unit 15 Muzzie
Elk Unit 15 1st Bull Hunt Muzzie

I love me some NMDGF long time!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I went 0-3
My wife went 0-3
My son went 0-3
My brother went 0-3

I’ve drawn 1 deer tag since I moved back in 2017.

I really don’t understand this system at all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Drew second season archery in 5B and a rifle unit 18 deer tag.  Daughter drew a late season cow tag.  Friend drew a Valles Caldera late season cow tag, so I will help out on that hunt.  Should be a fun year!!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I went 0-3
My wife went 0-3
My son went 0-3
My brother went 0-3

I’ve drawn 1 deer tag since I moved back in 2017.

I really don’t understand this system at all.
View Quote

If your wife, son and brother are attaching to your application it is going to be all or nothing for the four of you. Everyone is dependent on your application number being drawn, if your number is drawn late and all your choices are filled you will get an unsuccessful for everyone. To improve your odds I would have all 4 of you apply separately that way you will have four application numbers in the hat and increase the odds that someone will get drawn and then at least you guys can go on a hunt together even if not everyone has a tag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:

If your wife, son and brother are attaching to your application it is going to be all or nothing for the four of you. Everyone is dependent on your application number being drawn, if your number is drawn late and all your choices are filled you will get an unsuccessful for everyone. To improve your odds I would have all 4 of you apply separately that way you will have four application numbers in the hat and increase the odds that someone will get drawn and then at least you guys can go on a hunt together even if not everyone has a tag.
View Quote

Tried it that way for the last 5 yrs, only a deer tag last yr.  Thought we’d try it this way this yr.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I was seeing red when I opened my draw results, 0-3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top