Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2024 9:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf]
See link (with texts of bills) HERE

Note that the AWB would effectively outlaw the Ruger 10-22 as well as some other mag-fed .22RF firearms.

Since the RI AFL-CIO has chosen to get involved, perhaps union members might want to send letters/e-mails to union management about this.

After that, consider resigning from your Union:  HERE  There is no reason to continue to support those working against your 2A rights.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m glad I leave this state in less than a month. I wish you all the best.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
I’m glad I leave this state in less than a month. I wish you all the best.
View Quote

Fair seas to ya!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Some thoughts:

1) If the RI Mag Ban was "effective", why is an "Assault" Rifle Ban even necessary?  If the RI Mag Ban was NOT effective, then will it be repealed as being ineffective?

2) RI General laws prohibit a "Firearms Registry".  Since this AWB requires registration of some firearms, is it not illegal on its face?

3)  Article 1, Sec 22 of RI Constitution states (in full):  "The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."   Is this proposed bill an "infringement" and thus Unconstitutional with respect to the RI Constitution?  If a legislator votes for this bill, are they not violating their oath taken as a legislator?

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raf:
Some thoughts:

1) If the RI Mag Ban was "effective", why is an "Assault" Rifle Ban even necessary?  If the RI Mag Ban was NOT effective, then will it be repealed as being ineffective?

2) RI General laws prohibit a "Firearms Registry".  Since this AWB requires registration of some firearms, is it not illegal on its face?

3)  Article 1, Sec 22 of RI Constitution states (in full):  "The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."   Is this proposed bill an "infringement" and thus Unconstitutional with respect to the RI Constitution?  If a legislator votes for this bill, are they not violating their oath taken as a legislator?

View Quote

They don’t care.

Further more this is being promoted by the same Union that gave us the Washington Bridge fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

They don't care.

Further more this is being promoted by the same Union that gave us the Washington Bridge fuck up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Originally Posted By raf:
Some thoughts:

They don't care.

For sure some of the Pols don't care, but some might care, especially when their Constituents bring these points (and others) to the attention of the Pols who are "on the fence".  Election time is always around the corner in RI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top