Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 5:39:09 PM EDT
WTF?

Federal Court Effectively BANS Open Carry!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This was on Reddit, one of CJ's supporters posting and then the expected bitching in comments.
5th circuit has nullified Open Carry in Texas to save Qualified Immunity of bad cops.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember all the Olmos Park craziness several years back.

This 5th District ruling is total & complete Bull Shit.

That Bad Cops can assault you for doing absolutely nothing but standing innocently with your firearm not pointing it at anyone or threatening is not the Texas of Travis, Bowie & Crockett at the Alamo.

Hope this case kicks up to find that merely standing on a street corner, doing nothing "illegal" & having a gun does not constitute an immediate threat to the community requiring the Police to swoop in tasering to arrest & violate the rights of Citizens.

Looks like it is time for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to step up & DO something about this mess.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
He has to be smarter than that. The referenced ruling in no manner bans "open carry" in Texas.  At all.  

Click bait.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:33:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#4]
Total lie.  But that's to be expected from Youtube.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I really don’t like sensationalistic clickbait titles.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
No they didn't.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#7]
TL/DW
5th Circuit Eviscerates Open Carry in Texas
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
No they didn't.
View Quote

I caught a warning in the GD troll thread

Bunch of limp dick faggots, I’m sick of brand new trolls getting away with shit and OG’s getting banned

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
While the clickbait and trolling is going on, I will say this does set a very disturbing precedent.

How the 5th came to the conclusion that police can arrest and assault an individual for a lawful act with no recourse is a bit disturbing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By naes:
While the clickbait and trolling is going on, I will say this does set a very disturbing precedent.

How the 5th came to the conclusion that police can arrest and assault an individual for a lawful act with no recourse is a bit disturbing.
View Quote

Agreed.  Qualified immunity should not protect police from being charged or sued for things that they know or SHOULD know are legal like open carry.

The 5th Circuit is known for bad decisions like this.  Hopefully they will get smacked down again, but in the mean time I agree this does set a bad precedent.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]
That video and its contents are meaningless.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I thought it was suspicious.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wolfjflywheel:

I caught a warning in the GD troll thread

Bunch of limp dick faggots, I’m sick of brand new trolls getting away with shit and OG’s getting banned

View Quote

@wolfjflywheel it is what it is. if they ban me, I still know how to get to your place
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

@wolfjflywheel it is what it is. if they ban me, I still know how to get to your place
View Quote

Yessir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top