Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 1:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean]
On July 20th, 2024, we're going to have a fun shoot / meet-n-greet at my place outside of McMinnville in Warren County.  ALL TN HTF members and family are welcome. Plan to show up around 10 AM.  We'll shoot from 11 to 1 or 2-ish, then head back to the house for lunch.  It'll be hot so I thought rather than grilling burgers/dogs we could do sub sandwiches and chips, potato/mac salad, etc.   If people want to keep shooting after lunch, depending on the heat, we can do that, or we can just hang out and socialize.   You're welcome to stay as late as you want.  If you want to swim, bring trunks.  The pool will be open and should be nice and warm. If you feel like bringing a food item, we'll start a list here.  When you post, grab the list from the previous post so we keep a running tally of who is bringing what without having to scan back through the whole thread.

About the range:

My bay is 30 yards wide, about 25 yards deep (it was originally built as a USPSA practice bay, where lateral movement is very common, thus the width vs. depth) and there is a 100 yard rifle lane extending back from the center of the bay, so all rifles, carbine/PCC, pistols and shotguns are welcome.  We have a Texas Star, a dueling tree, some poppers and hanging steel.  Sounds like some other steel targets may show up for the day.  I'll have plenty of USPSA cardboard targets.  Maybe we'll set up a fun course of fire for everyone to run with pistols or PCCs.  If anyone has ideas for friendly competition, let's hear it.

I know it needn't be said in this group, but I'll say it anyway:  Safety is everyone's responsibility. All standard firearm / range rules will be in effect, with one additional rule.  The berm has settled a bit from its original 10-11 feet and is down to 8 or so feet in some places.  If you send a round over the berm in any direction, that will be it for shooting for you for the day.  There's a pretty good bit of farm property around the range but that doesn't mean there isn't a house or two reachable by an errant shot, so trigger discipline and muzzle control are paramount.  In 4 years and 10's of thousands of rounds, we've never sent one over.   'Nuff said on that.

Here's a picture or two of the range and a "flyover" video of the rifle lane:

When it was first constructed:
Attachment Attached File

With Steel
Attachment Attached File

We call this place "Liberty Manor"
Attachment Attached File

Rifle range:

My ~22 acre property and surrounding, showing the bay and rifle range in red.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
OST.   Assuming I don't have a job by then that takes me out of it.
PS, anybody hiring?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Im going to try to make this one! As far as my old lever guns go, 25 yds is fine. Ive mainly got them just to have them lol. Its pretty cool to hold an original 1873 Winchester rifle, let alone shoot one and anybody that wants to shoot any of mine is welcome to do so! Ive also got a Uberti 1873 replica in 45 colt that I have shot at 100 yds and when my old eyes cooperate its pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like a blast, I'll be there if you'll have me

be fun to actually meet some other arfcommers
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. I remain hopeful my cans will be released from jail by then but if not, I will be shooting uncivilized

Kelly, you've got a great setup - thank you for allowing us into your home and generously hosting this event
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be interested in this. It would be a great way to meet other TN Arfcom members.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Will try to make it........ I'll keep an eye on the food posts
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Food:  

Pork Butt shredded.  I may need an oven to warm it up or we can eat it cold.
Buns

Supplies:

8's white tables (qty?)
White chairs
Popup canopy

Targets:

Another dueling tree?

Misc.:

UTV?  Question for host.  It looks like a hike from the house/parking area to shooting range (GE doesn't show any obvious parking area near range); the UTV could be used for hauling stuff or people who can't or don't want to hike (if necessary).  Please advise.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
This will be epic
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Coming from 100miles out in East Tn.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged. I’m in.

Also - if anyone near me wants to carpool y’all know where I live.

Will bring food, guns, ammo, whatever. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
@finslayer83
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Just to ask, I'm a SOT from the eastern part of the state.  

Would it be ok if I brought some F/A dealer samples if I'm able to attend ?  
The ones people seem to enjoy most are my MK II Sten and my UZI, but I have others
I can bring if allowed and I can make it.  

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Warren Co. eh?

Know it well.

I'm going to try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PyrPaw:
I'm in.
Coming from 100miles out in East Tn.
View Quote

Im in Jefferson City.  

If you are close, want to carpool ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
@whatnoise  -  remember the convo we had about lunch?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Do we resurrect the bootleg shirts form the last one?

@yukonboy03
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone comes up with some concept, I'd be happy to make some concept art for a shirt.

I'm thinking a Davey Crockett but with an AR
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#18]
If I’m in town, I’ll be there!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#20]

This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like a good time. I'll  try and make it there.
Thanks for putting this together.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Clovis_Chitwood:
sounds like a blast, I'll be there if you'll have me

be fun to actually meet some other arfcommers
View Quote

Definitely all TN HTF'ers are welcome.  Bring guns and ammo, and keep an eye on the rolling food list and feel free to add to it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Food:  

Buns

Supplies:

8's white tables (qty?)
White chairs
Popup canopy

Targets:

Another dueling tree?

Misc.:

UTV?  Question for host.  It looks like a hike from the house/parking area to shooting range (GE doesn't show any obvious parking area near range); the UTV could be used for hauling stuff or people who can't or don't want to hike (if necessary).  Please advise.
View Quote

Pork Butt and Buns....got it, and thanks!  
If you wanted to bring a table or two, we could use it.  We'll have a pop-up or two, if you can bring another, it certainly won't hurt.  Yes to the dualing tree also, if it's not too much trouble to bring it.  We may use them in tandem (think teams!)

We will drive our vehicles to the range along the southern/western fenceline.  I suspect we'll have more firearms showing up than we can easily move from the house to the range any other way than by vehicle.  A UTV might be helpful to drive the "shortcut" from the range to the house along the north fence in case anyone needs to use the facilities other than a nearby tree, but we can do without.  It's entirely up to you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Tagged. I’m in.

Also - if anyone near me wants to carpool y’all know where I live.

Will bring food, guns, ammo, whatever. Looking forward to it.
View Quote

So glad you're coming.  Of all of us ARFers, you were the first one to see this place.    Remember the plastic tub we found in one of the garages with the targets in it?  Those will be up.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By scottfn308:
Just to ask, I'm a SOT from the eastern part of the state.  

Would it be ok if I brought some F/A dealer samples if I'm able to attend ?  
The ones people seem to enjoy most are my MK II Sten and my UZI, but I have others
I can bring if allowed and I can make it.  

Thanks,

Scott
View Quote

Full auto dealer samples?  HECK YES!!!  Bring anything you want!  Let people know how you handle ammo use in your guns.  Some folks are picky about what gets used in their expensive toys and prefer people use provided ammo.  Your toys, your rules.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#26]
We have a conflict.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Cola-Warrior-Southeast-8-/5-2716759/

I confess I will probably go to Cola Warrior if the conflict remains.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#27]
FOOD LIST:

kcobean:  sub sandwich fixins, water, cokes, ice
Merlin:  Pork butt, buns

If you can bring something like chips or macaroni/potato salad or whatever, grab the most recent list and add to it in a new post.

Alcohol:  I'm totally fine with beer or whatever AFTER we're done shooting and guns are packed away.  If you want to bring beer, we'll have coolers to put it in and it can get nice and cold while we're shooting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:
We have a conflict.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Cola-Warrior-Southeast-8-/5-2716759/

I confess I will probably go to Cola Warrior if the conflict remains.
View Quote

22 years on this site and you still can't hot-link?

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

Full auto dealer samples?  HECK YES!!!  Bring anything you want!  Let people know how you handle ammo use in your guns.  Some folks are picky about what gets used in their expensive toys and prefer people use provided ammo.  Your toys, your rules.
View Quote

In the Sten and UZI, as long as it ain't steel cased we should be good.  

The AK will eat pretty much anything.  The M-16"s will need decent ammo for those since I normally use suppressors on them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Definitely interested. This is, in fact, a tag.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#31]

If you wanted to bring a table or two, we could use it.  We'll have a pop-up or two, if you can bring another, it certainly won't hurt.  Yes to the dualing tree also, if it's not too much trouble to bring it.  We may use them in tandem (think teams!)

We will drive our vehicles to the range along the southern/western fenceline.  I suspect we'll have more firearms showing up than we can easily move from the house to the range any other way than by vehicle.  A UTV might be helpful to drive the "shortcut" from the range to the house along the north fence in case anyone needs to use the facilities other than a nearby tree, but we can do without.  It's entirely up to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Food:  

Buns

Supplies:

8's white tables (qty?)
White chairs
Popup canopy

Targets:

Another dueling tree?

Misc.:

I see it now.  I'll probably leave the UTV at home then.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
@kcobean put me down for chips & salsa
Once we get the list down I'll make sure to bring enough. May even make crack dip w/ the wife.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Please put me down for a definite maybe!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm definitely interested, how would you feel about me bringing an 81mm mortar if mine is completed by then?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MHIDPA:
I'm definitely interested, how would you feel about me bringing an 81mm mortar if mine is completed by then?
View Quote

LOL...As much as I want to say yes to that, it probably won't be useable within the confines of the property.  Sounds like a hoot though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Man, killer house. 2 of my kids have played soccer across the street from your place.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Shoresy:
Man, killer house. 2 of my kids have played soccer across the street from your place.  
View Quote

Good ol' Pistole Park.  The lights from that place light up the sky to our north.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TheBeaverRetriever:
@whatnoise  -  remember the convo we had about lunch?
View Quote

Unfortunately I'm on shift that day, but would love to be able to come hang out. I still haven't forgot bout lunch though...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#39]
So, about how many people we estimate right now?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm a maybe at the moment. I want to go.

Any camping near by.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bodybagger] [#41]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#42]
My schedule is a moving target but I'll know two weeks out if I can attend. Looking forward!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Making sure @beltfed308 sees this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Making sure @beltfed308 sees this.
View Quote

Tagged. I have to go to a friends 80th on 7/13 in MS. It looks like its just a hop and a skip. Road trip just like the old days?

@arowneragain
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top