Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2023 8:33:45 PM EDT
Thread in GD

FreeFallRet is going to be training us in the finer points of not drowning. I HIGHLY recommend this class!
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
@FreeFallRet I think I'll be back in time to do safety swimmer again. Need one?
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:
@FreeFallRet I think I'll be back in time to do safety swimmer again. Need one?
View Quote
It's up to you if you want to make the trip.

I should be good if my Son comes, he is a former Lifeguard.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
did I read that correctly on the website this class requires prior classes or training? and what sounds like in really good shape?

if so oh well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
All you need to do is show up with a great attitude and pass a 50m swim test.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
@FreeFallRet how many people are signed up for the class right now?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
@FreeFallRet how many people are signed up for the class right now?
View Quote
IM sent
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By somedude:
did I read that correctly on the website this class requires prior classes or training? and what sounds like in really good shape?

if so oh well.
View Quote
Just show up no prior training.

I will get you up to speed with everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Thread in GD

FreeFallRet is going to be training us in the finer points of not drowning. I HIGHLY recommend this class!
View Quote
There is no drowning allowed
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thread in GD

How many people to we need to get calm water trained before we can go to the beach to practice in the surf?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]

How many people to we need to get calm water trained before we can go to the beach to practice in the surf?
View All Quotes
Thread in GD

I, for one, hate getting sand out of everything after. And that's after getting the sand and salt off the boat parts.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#11]
@alphajaguars how is interest in a one day carbine or pistol class or something on Sunday? We'd need a range spot.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
@alphajaguars how is interest in a one day carbine or pistol class or something on Sunday? We'd need a range spot.
View Quote

I would LOVE to do one. Unfortunately, I am not available on Sunday, nor do I have access to a range
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#13]

I would LOVE to do one. Unfortunately, I am not available on Sunday, nor do I have access to a range
View Quote

@alphajaguars I think I found a range near the lake that would work, I have been chatting with the manager and once I have a rate I'll come up with APC and non-APC pricing.

I am thinking not this weekend, but next weekend - Either a couple of days of only Carbine 1, or a series.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]

@alphajaguars I think I found a range near the lake that would work, I have been chatting with the manager and once I have a rate I'll come up with APC and non-APC pricing.

I am thinking not this weekend, but next weekend - Either a couple of days of only Carbine 1, or a series.
View All Quotes

How many people do you need to come to make it worthwhile?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:09:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: homeyclaus] [#15]

How many people do you need to come to make it worthwhile?
View Quote

I am still waiting on the quote for the range cost, but if it's just me teaching, I'm at 5 max for entry level courses. We can go to 8 if I have someone to act as a SO.

What I might end up doing is renting the place for three days and running 3 days' worth of courses, open to the public. Not sure how I feel about 3 days of pistol/carbine 1 yet though.

ETA: I don't want to cram the course although that would reduce the cost for everyone; it's all fun and games until someone gets a new hole in their pantleg.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Very true.

This is something I’ve wanted to do but have never made a priority, especially a pistol class. What type of lead time do you normally need to set one up? What qualifications would you need for someone else to have to be a RSO?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top