Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2024 10:23:13 PM EDT
Anyone know someone who knows how to swap a barrel on a AR10? I always buy uppers but bought a barrel to swap out. Have never installed a barrel before. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the new barrel have a barrel extension on it?

If so I'd assume it's just a bigger version of an AR15;
Remove handguard, barrel nut, etc
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Just like an AR15.  Remove handguard/gas tube, remove barrel nut, slide barrel out of upper receiver - reassemble in reverse.

**Note** Some handguards attach via a proprietary barrel nut that sometimes requires a proprietary barrel nut wrench.

I did a barrel swap on a DPMS LR308 quite a few years ago and have receiver vice blocks.  I also have a Daniel Defense large frame barrel nut wrench.  I'm about 45 minutes north of the metro if you'd like to use them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Decided to change it myself. Watch a few you tube videos on assembly. Looks fairly easy. Just have to get proper vise and wrench. On the videos, on one, they used anti seize while on another video they used anti lock on the threads. Which is it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm no gunsmith, but I have always used Anti-Seize.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top