Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2024 2:19:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Be interesting to see/know who the shooter was...
They seem to fit a certain mold right now as we look back on these events in the last couple of years
But Dane Co will never let out any info if it was anything but a straight white male.
Its also almost assured that the Dane Co libs start crowing for more gun control.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Read it was a teen student who brought a gun to school.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kaldor:
Be interesting to see/know who the shooter was...
They seem to fit a certain mold right now as we look back on these events in the last couple of years
But Dane Co will never let out any info if it was anything but a straight white male.
Its also almost assured that the Dane Co libs start crowing for more gun control.
View Quote

They're just as likely to be angry at the police for "killing a child"...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Shooter ID'd

14yr old Damien Haglund. Stole his grandfathers car and rifle then crashed into a house and walked the rest of the way to school. Tried to break the glass in the cafeteria (was schools lunchtime) with the rifle buttand when he couldnt, he started shooting at the glass.

Photo of scumbag in link
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Kid looks troubled. Seems they are being very cautious about releasing details. Hopefully getting all the facts straight first.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:29:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kapusta] [#7]
Curious as to whether he was living with his grandparents - that would bring up what is the deal with his parents.  Maybe lost his parent(s), who knows, but I'd bet this wasn't his first "off the rocker" moment.  Damian, huh?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
Curious as to whether he was living with his grandparents - that would bring up what is the deal with his parents.  Maybe lost his parent(s), who knows, but I'd bet this wasn't his first "off the rocker" moment.  Damian, huh?
View Quote

A "troubled teen" with a stolen firearm. I can see the leftist in the legislature pushing a "safe storage" bill at the very least.
Gary
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jack_pine_savage:

A "troubled teen" with a stolen firearm. I can see the leftist in the legislature pushing a "safe storage" bill at the very least.
Gary
View Quote

Hard to do that when it was actually a pellet rifle according to the DOJ.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Gary
View Quote
Well he had a stolen vehicle also. Maybe safe storage laws for vehicles also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Aphex:

View Quote

Link to this? I wondered if maybe the kid did not acthally have a firearm. If true, I hope they stand behind the officer who did what most would not be able to.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wisbiker67:

Link to this? I wondered if maybe the kid did not acthally have a firearm. If true, I hope they stand behind the officer who did what most would not be able to.
View Quote

https://www.channel3000.com/news/wisconsin-doj-mount-horeb-school-shooters-weapon-was-a-pellet-rifle/article_bb90dd9e-0a46-11ef-924c-b32079cd9f99.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Technology has advanced the range and terminal effects of air powered firearms. Manufacturers now make air powered  rifles capable of taking deer size game at medium ranges.
Gary
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wisbiker67:

https://www.channel3000.com/news/wisconsin-doj-mount-horeb-school-shooters-weapon-was-a-pellet-rifle/article_bb90dd9e-0a46-11ef-924c-b32079cd9f99.html

Thanks.
Really sad
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Technology has advanced the range and terminal effects of air powered firearms. Manufacturers now make air powered  rifles capable of taking deer size game at medium ranges.
Gary
View Quote

That is a cool story. However, what this kid had wasn't one of those hunting air rifles so, again, I doubt this incident will be used in any meaningful way to enact more restrictions on firearms or firearm storage.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rfb45colt] [#16]
I read that it was a .177 caliber pellet gun made by Ruger. AFAIK, the Ruger name is used on 2 air rifles. The AirHawk & Air Hawk Elite are a single shot break barrel made by Umarex, in either .177 or .22. I have one in .22, Elite II. Nice rifle, but in no way can it be misconstrued as being anything but what it is. Its big, it's heavy, real nice walnut stock, and there is a sound suppressor on the barrel of the Elite that doubles as a grip for cocking.

They also make a CO2 powered .177 BB gun that is a very good replica of the 10/22. Unless you see it fired, of course. I've seen one in person, and unless you have it in your hands or see it up close, it looks just like the real deal. Probably what he had.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:
Nice rifle, but in no way can it be misconstrued as being anything but what it is.
View Quote

you make a big assumption.

Most people,especially those living in the Madison area would only recognize it as a gun, thats it.
They have very little knowledge of firearms alone not to mention air rifles.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rfb45colt] [#18]
Originally Posted By DirtyDirk:

you make a big assumption.

Most people,especially those living in the Madison area would only recognize it as a gun, thats it.
They have very little knowledge of firearms alone not to mention air rifles.
View Quote

The sheeple in any big city would assume a black painted broom handle was an "assault weapon", that's very true.

But, it wasn't no-nothing-about-guns citizens who shot him. It was trained law enforcement. If you have any firearms training at all, you'd recognize that Ruger break-barrel pellet rifle exactly for what it is. If ever there was a break barrel air-gun that looks like a break barrel air-gun it's the Ruger Airhawk. If you can see him clear enough to hit him, you should be able to see what he's holding too. There are only two types of Ruger air rifles. For someone with training, one (10-22) looks like a very real firearm, the other one does not. The real assumption I'm making here, is that the LEOs who shot him could actually see the "weapon" he was pointing at them.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Depends on the range and what he was doing with it at the time.  If you come upon what was reported as an individual with a firearm who had shot at the school window already and they ignore multiple commands to drop the weapon and then point it at you, any cop would be a fool to not put him down.  These events happen in seconds (or less)and it's doubtful they had time to scrutinize the type of weapon he was holding.  I sure wouldn't bet my life on it.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Top Top