Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 10:13:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82]
Considering your parts availability situation, what would you advise prioritizing on for those of us soon to be behind enemy lines like Washington?

I'm having a tough time putting myself in your shoes and seeking perspective and 20/20 hindsight.

Are you able to get parts through gunsmiths on the down low? Did all your small LGS retail parts inventory dry up? Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Most online places won’t sell us anything anymore. But most distributors are selling parts to retailers in the area, and most of them still maintain a solid selection of parts. For us it’s a combination of a poorly written law and a psychopath Attorney General that only seems to care about harassing gun owners and retailers.

So if your AWB passes, and I suspect it will, it likely comes down to how much of a psychopath your AG is….

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The bigger problem for us has been the firearms liability law which says that the state can sue almost anyone who sold a gun part or accessory used in a crime.

As a result a lot of online retailers won't sell ANYTHING to us - even a sling or holster.

BCGs, FCGs, LPKs, etc buy spares for whatever may break.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mancat:
The bigger problem for us has been the firearms liability law which says that the state can sue almost anyone who sold a gun part or accessory used in a crime.

As a result a lot of online retailers won't sell ANYTHING to us - even a sling or holster.

BCGs, FCGs, LPKs, etc buy spares for whatever may break.
View Quote

Oh, I've got all the standard stuff covered. I'm focusing more on obscure proprietary parts.

So to summarized, you can still find regular AR15 LPK, BCG and Barrels locally?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Not locally. Barrels, upper/lower parts kits, upper receivers, bolt groups, and even hanguards have all been pulled from shelves. About all you'll find are grips, stocks, and BUIS that could be used on anything other than an AR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#5]
Originally Posted By Ethereal:
Not locally. Barrels, upper/lower parts kits, upper receivers, bolt groups, and even hanguards have all been pulled from shelves. About all you'll find are grips, stocks, and BUIS that could be used on anything other than an AR.
View Quote

Are people on the EE actively boycotting shipping stuff to you? I run into it regularly with Magazines where "Free States" won't ship mags here, even though the law isn't enforced and we can still (for now!) buy mags cash and carry from just about any LGS not in Denver or Boulder.

Just about no businesses will ship mags over 15 rds to Colorado, even broken down as repair kits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

Are people on the EE actively boycotting shipping stuff to you? I run into it regularly with Magazines where "Free States" won't ship mags here, even though the law isn't enforced and we can still (for now!) buy mags cash and carry from just about any LGS not in Denver or Boulder.

Just about no businesses will ship mags over 15 rds to Colorado, even broken down as repair kits.
View Quote

I can't say for others, but I haven't had to test that yet on the EE when it comes to magazines. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ethereal:
View Quote

That and what's on the shelf seems to be it.

Been waiting to see Sportco restock some AK grips for weeks. Doesn't look like anything is coming on. But I haven't asked so not sure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:46:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#8]
I have seen a few parts, such as fancy ambidextrous charging handles, in stock at some of the places. But I stocked up pretty well before the ban hammer fell, so I haven’t been looking very closely.

I would stock up on receivers (upper as well as lower), and all components such as LPKs, pistol grips, barrels, BCGs, spare bolts; BCG spare parts - e.g. extractors, extractor springs, ejectors/ejector springs, gas keys/screws; charging handles, lower receiver extensions/buffers/springs; stocks, rails, forward grips, BUIS, and muzzle devices; and whatever else I might have left off of this list; EVERYTHING.

It sucks- prepare accordingly. This is maybe overkill, but lots of suppliers who sell online are now too paranoid to sell/ship to WA.

ETA: And don’t forget retaining pins for firing pins, extractors, and ejectors. What I did was use the component lists on the White Oak Armory website to make up checklists for all of the AR parts/components- and then order accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Even holsters have been limited by some places.

Check out the thread about places that won’t ship anything. Heck some places won’t ship ammo either, or require it to go to an ffl but we have no bans on ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Even holsters have been limited by some places.

Check out the thread about places that won’t ship anything. Heck some places won’t ship ammo either, or require it to go to an ffl but we have no bans on ammo.
View Quote

Now that is interesting.

Any availability issues with reloading components or tools (beyond the now normal insanity)?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Depending on how the law is written, look into buying threaded barrels for any handgun you are interested in suppressing in the future.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Frostbite:
Depending on how the law is written, look into buying threaded barrels for any handgun you are interested in suppressing in the future.
View Quote

That's a good idea.

They copied your AWB and then made it worse.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#13]
You can get all the parts you want later in various ways provided you arent a pansy. But right now, buy all the guns you can. Buy guns you think you might want later. Buy guns you might want your kids to have. Buy all the guns.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
You can get all the parts you want later in various ways provided you arent a pansy. But right now, buy all the guns you can. Buy guns you think you might want later. Buy guns you might want your kids to have. Buy all the guns.
View Quote

👆what he said. When the imbiciles in all facets of legislative and judicial and political fields cow down to low IQ dregs of society that are less than 20% of society, but cause 80%+ of all crime, and 95% of gun crimes, one simply does not care about the dribble coming out of politicians’ mouths or their pens.  

Que the most recent 18yr “teen” who totaled his 3rd car this weekend going 112mph on a 40mph road, running a red light and destroying 3 families.

But we are the imminent threat to public safety that needs to be legislated against.🙄.

It’s good to know people in other states.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

👆what he said. When the imbiciles in all facets of legislative and judicial and political fields cow down to low IQ dregs of society that are less than 20% of society, but cause 80%+ of all crime, and 95% of gun crimes, one simply does not care about the dribble coming out of politicians’ mouths or their pens.  

Que the most recent 18yr “teen” who totaled his 3rd car this weekend going 112mph on a 40mph road, running a red light and destroying 3 families.

But we are the imminent threat to public safety that needs to be legislated against.🙄.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunnut003:
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

Care packages are definitely a thing!

I'm buying alot of obscure stripped lowers and serialized uppers in addition to all sorts of normal builder parts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top