Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2023 2:49:38 PM EDT
I need to store a 24ft trailer for one night in or around Albuquerque, NM behind a police department gate if possible.

Thanks,
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By prebans:

Not any of those things, but I just passed through ABQ earlier this week and spent the night.  Been doing this once to twice annually for about 15 years as a FFL/SOT and as someone with a bunch of things similar to what’s likely in your trailer.

Holy hell, ABQ has gone WAY downhill.  I’m not going to call the entire city a complete ghetto, but I was really shocked seeing just how far things have slid.  I was more worried about my truck being broken into or stolen in ABQ than I was ANYWHERE else on my two week road trip.

If you don’t get a response here, it might be worth looking into different municipal PDs.  The smaller ones might be an option.  In one case years ago, I couldn’t find a PD with a fenced yard but one had me park in front of their precinct.  That could be an option too.

Good luck, and I hope it works out.  I hate to say this, but you’re wise to be wary of ABQ.
View Quote

Yeah. I'm not trying to cold call these departments. I figured ABQ would get a lot of folks' attention but we are wiling to stop by any neighboring/smaller departments to help with trailer storage.

The drivers just mentioned their first stop after SHOT Show is going to be ABQ so I'm trying to find a place for them to store their trailer overnight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 4:23:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GAU5-A-A] [#3]
Having lived here for 30 years and watched the decline, I'd say the majority of the city is a shithole.  Property crime is rampant, road ragers are abundant, and the cops rarely actually stop crimes in progress.  Getting on the Nextdoor website just blew my mind how bad the crime is.   I'm not sure a police yard would be any more secure than any other fenced yard.  If criminals saw an enclosed trailer in a police yard, they'd probably believe there were weapons in it, making it a worthy target.  Out-of-sight, out-of-mind might be a better approach.   Perhaps there are NM members that can provide a discreet and secure parking spot.   I'm assuming your trailer has better than average alarms and physical security features.   Hell, wherever you park, take a few wheels off so they can't take the entire rig, or surround it with other vehicles.   When I worked midnights at hotels, thieves would frequently steal trailers and moving trucks  instead of breaking into them at the hotel.   It only took them a few minutes.   The FBI lost a Suburban with an M-60, M-203 and M-16s years ago.

Your trust of the police in ABQ and surrounding areas is quite puzzling to me.  I've attempted to work with them on several occasions and they clearly didn't give a shit about anything besides going home safely, and getting that pension.  They are more of a threat to life and liberty than most criminals.  Certainly not worthy of my trust.  I wouldn't be surprised if they actually pilferred your trailer.

If your rig does get stolen, and you call 911 as it is being hauled off, don't be surprised if the cops tell you to log onto their website to fill out a report, and do absolutely nothing to help find your trailer, as what happened when a neighbor reported her car being stolen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top