Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2022 11:54:20 PM EDT
Are there any US expats living in Europe - or anywhere outside the US - who frequent this forum?

I am wondering what you do with your guns when outside the US. What options have you found back in the US?

I have been living outside the US for quite a while. I don't have any family who either would be willing to hold my guns or who I could trust to do so. Most storage facilities do not allow firearms - but I've been lucky to find one that is secure enough and flexible enough to allow me to store mine there.

What has been your experience?
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad you found a solution. My brother is baby-sitting mine and I trust him with my life. We'll be heading back in a few years so it hasn't put him out too much.

Generally, unless you have a trusted relative to watch them, I don't think there are many long-term options.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkBinSC] [#2]
I kept my guns at my parents house when we lived in Germany (non military assignment).
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
A little off topic..but..

Wife and I are going in March to buy a home in Sicily. I am working towards retirement and we plan on going there full time. I plan on, obviously, leaving my guns behind and doing what I can with firearms ownership once we get our Italian citizenship. I am content with that. My choice.

I have talked to my wife about my firearms. I think they'll be split evenly between my two sons and maybe a hand gun or two to one of my daughters. We'll be back and forth enough that if we can, I'll go shooting with children.

As I get older I am less intrigued or entertained by this hobby. I think the firearms will be used more with my sons and hopefully their kids one day.

Leaving them behind has never been a deciding to GTFO out or not. Its been about cost, health and overall climate/culture of living post retirement and doing what I want with my family there and abroad.

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:42:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#4]
I'm here in Hungary as I work part time for a couple of months and then work part time in Oregon.
Attachment Attached File

My parents moved into the main house at my farm in Oregon and my brother lives in the main house with his girlfriend.

Main bedroom is mines for my wife and daughter units have their own room.

Guns are kept nice and safe.

All on good living trust.

Guns in Hungary, I keep one at the gun range and two at home in a safe.

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting!

Thanks, men!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top