Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/17/2023 4:25:28 PM EDT
Hey all.

The wilderness area opens its gates in about a month (gates ) and I was wondering if people would be interested in a 2 day weekend event up here in about a month or so.

I know I usually need a good month heads up to plan stuff out so I figured I'd float this early and see. Tentative dates would be July 15th-16th, something like that.

Approximate location would be either:

40.866979, -105.758202

or

40.800937, -105.798838

What would the interest be in? Saw class, a good long ruck at elevation, shooting quals, land nav, or something else from the handbook? All of the above?

There'd be ample opportunity to run just about anything from the handbook. There's a TON of space, and shooting is allowed (with some due diligence). Rucking with rifles would be no issue. PLENTY of camping space, trailer or tent - all dispersed but I live up here so I know the good spots . If someone has a watercraft, there's public bodies of water we could do that stuff on. Bushcraft/survival skills?

I'm willing to host it and get anything set up (targets, saw class, ruck routes, land nav points, etc) if there's enough "I'm in"s

Let me know!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
@Notcalifornialegal

You seem to know who to tag for these posts. Care to tag?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
@Notcalifornialegal

You seem to know who to tag for these posts. Care to tag?
View Quote

@cobullseye has the list

Also

@wammel
@cmsnare
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Certainly interested.  

Night ruck with nods/land nav/shooting?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:
Certainly interested.  

Night ruck with nods/land nav/shooting?
View Quote

I dont have nods, but yeah something along those lines could be arranged!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested but Its my range's open day the on the 16th and I usually put on a demonstration of some form. Last year I built a cinderblock wall the week prior, then demolished it; and set up a section of exterior wall for penetration tests with common calibers. I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, but I was planning to talk to them next week anyway.

I've go two 12ft touring kayaks (1 for me plus a spare) if there is interest in non-motorized watercraft.  

I have no idea of the laws surrounding saw use on public land and would want to make sure we are on the correct side of it.

Nods would be good also, I'm in the process of rearranging optics but should be settled by then.

I could do a Friday overnight, with activity on the Sat, then still make the range open day on the Sunday (anyone wanting to stop by the open day would be welcome), or another date, or not.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Wammel:
I'm interested but Its my range's open day the on the 16th and I usually put on a demonstration of some form. Last year I built a cinderblock wall the week prior, then demolished it; and set up a section of exterior wall for penetration tests with common calibers. I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, but I was planning to talk to them next week anyway.

I've go two 12ft touring kayaks (1 for me plus a spare) if there is interest in non-motorized watercraft.  

I have no idea of the laws surrounding saw use on public land and would want to make sure we are on the correct side of it.

Nods would be good also, I'm in the process of rearranging optics but should be settled by then.

I could do a Friday overnight, with activity on the Sat, then still make the range open day on the Sunday (anyone wanting to stop by the open day would be welcome), or another date, or not.
View Quote

We could certainly look at a friday saturday deal. That wouldn't be an issue.

I also have a kayak, but its the shorter sport model, I can't remember the length but it's pretty fun.

I can pull a permit for saw use on the land. It's where I harvest firewood every year. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter how many people are working on a permit as long as the amount of wood harvested is not above the permitted amount, but I can check with the dept. to make sure. I have a whole class built around the saw section, not sure I wanna run that one quite yet. It would be much more beneficial to get a larger group together for that.

I'm just trying to feel out interest in something for the northern part of the state. The area up here is incredible for APC and would be very beneficial to use.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cobullseye] [#7]
Yes please.

Proposed Dates: July 8th and 9th
                       Aug 5th and 6th

Activities: any of the above, ham radio demonstration/introduction                                                                                                                            

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top