Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2023 10:16:54 PM EDT
My wife and I are planning a trip to The Biltmore soon and would like some suggestions on places to eat in Asheville.  Nothing fancy, maybe some BBQ suggestions?  Pizza and burger places?

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#1]
Pizza I would say favillas would probably be my favorite.  
Burgers would be a tough one. Lots of good places. There is tastee diner which is really good, macs in black mountain, farm burger is pretty good. BBQ would be Buxton hall.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 8:20:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#2]
La Rumba Restaurant….Latin/Mexican cuisine

Excellent food and not your run of the mill chithole Mexican restaurant…
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That is fantastic...thanks for the recommendations.  We are looking forward to visiting NC, have never been there except for the changing planes at the airport.

Bronc

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure your Hep C is GTG, Asheville is where people come to challenge it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By oldcatawba:
Make sure your Hep C is GTG, Asheville is where people come to challenge it.
View Quote

Oh shit, what is this about?

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Why support a liberal city.. many other cities that deserve the money than them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cviss:
Why support a liberal city.. many other cities that deserve the money than them.
View Quote

Stop in Hendersonville and get some food. Asheville is a cesspool
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 4:17:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NC_Andy] [#9]
My absolute favorite restaurant in the area is Stoney Knob Cafe north of town, in Weaverville.  I consider Biltmore on the south side, so from the entrance south to the airport, there are a bunch of good places.  Juicy Lucy's has good burgers, they are big, so don't expect smashburger style.  For Pizza, Fahrenheit in Arden recently won a "best of" award, and it is really good and reasonably priced.  I've also enjoyed Del Vecchios new location in SAVL.  For a littles nicer Italian place, there is Vinnie's, and it's always busy.   A catch-all place in SAVL is Post 25, they have a big menu, and their service isn't the fastest, but the food has always been good.  You can always go downtown, it's not a hellscape, but there really isn't a reason to pay for parking and deal with that BS when there are plenty of places just as good or better.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
OP the wife and I like Vinnie's for pasta, show up early they fill up quick.
If you are looking for a higher end meal 131 Main in Biltmore park is fantastic, but it ain't cheap.
I know some people aren't a fan, but the Mellow Mushroom has the best pizza in town.
For burgers, Farm Burger, Juicy Lucy, and Tupelo Honey has a good smash burger.
BBQ, if you want ribs go to 12 Bones, the blueberry chipotle ribs are amazing. Louella's is good for traditional BBQ. Avoid Little Pigs, it sucks.
For Breakfast we love Abuela's Little Kitchen. The huevos rancheros and the Mexican egg's benedict are phenomenal and the pumpkin pancakes are pretty tasty too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#11]
Universal Joint has fantastic burgers. I know others suggest Farm Burger, but it truly doesn’t compare. Universal Joint has some of the best burgers I’ve ever had. There tater tot’s are really good too.
Smokey and the pig or Luella’s for BBQ.
I’m a pizza snob and have not found pizza I like here yet. I’ve been here a long time too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember seeing a food channel episode about a very eclectic Asheville restaurant that was run by a lady from Louisiana, I think that is the case, it was downtown and served some very unique dishes....possibly a had the word "Copper" in the name....

Thanks again for the replies.  We are looking forward to going to see the Biltmore

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:10:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mardoc] [#13]
My suggestion stay in Waynesville area and drive down to Asheville to see the Biltmore.

If you stay in Asheville -

Drive 40 minutes West to Maggie Valley
Eat at Joey's Pancake House - get the 2 pancake special with either pecan, blueberry, apple strudel, bacon, or the speciality pancakes, 2 eggs, grits, a meat, and a side of hash brown casserole.

They are open from 0730 - 1300 - there will probably be a wait.

For BBQ
Haywood Smokehouse - 79 Elysinia Ave, Waynesville, NC
It is in a residential area in a house. Really good BBQ- and brisket.

There may also be a wait.

For a diner
Haywood 209 Cafe
just off of I40
3360 Crabtree Rd, Waynesville, NC 28785

For a really good burger
Church St Station in Waynesville
34 Church St.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hollandbriscoe:
OP the wife and I like Vinnie's for pasta, show up early they fill up quick.
If you are looking for a higher end meal 131 Main in Biltmore park is fantastic, but it ain't cheap.
I know some people aren't a fan, but the Mellow Mushroom has the best pizza in town.
For burgers, Farm Burger, Juicy Lucy, and Tupelo Honey has a good smash burger.
BBQ, if you want ribs go to 12 Bones, the blueberry chipotle ribs are amazing. Louella's is good for traditional BBQ. Avoid Little Pigs, it sucks.
For Breakfast we love Abuela's Little Kitchen. The huevos rancheros and the Mexican egg's benedict are phenomenal and the pumpkin pancakes are pretty tasty too.
View Quote

I definitely disagree about mellow mushroom. Favillas, Del vecchios, pie.zza, and maybe even Manicomio Pizza is better.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
We enjoyed a couple places at the Biltmore, probably the best meals we had while visiting a couple years ago.  There are several options.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
100% agree on not supporting Asheville in any way. Screw that liberal wart on NC's rear end.

100% agree on driving to Haywood Smokehouse. Easily one of our favorites for BBQ. I'm actually sad we didn't have time to stop there today on our way home from TN.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 1Devildog:
100% agree on not supporting Asheville in any way. Screw that liberal wart on NC's rear end.

100% agree on driving to Haywood Smokehouse. Easily one of our favorites for BBQ. I'm actually sad we didn't have time to stop there today on our way home from TN.
View Quote

Unfortunately some of us live here for now..
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

I definitely disagree about mellow mushroom. Favillas, Del vecchios, pie.zza, and maybe even Manicomio Pizza is better.
View Quote

We will have to agree to disagree.

I forgot to mention 9 Mile if you like Jamaican food.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#19]

We will have to agree to disagree.

I forgot to mention 9 Mile if you like Jamaican food.
View Quote

Jamaican is good. Jerusalem garden was good last time I went. Been several times..
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Jamaican is good. Jerusalem garden was good last time I went. Been several times..
View Quote

I haven't been to Jerusalem Garden in years. Thanks for the info on Pie_zza, they were great.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]

I haven't been to Jerusalem Garden in years. Thanks for the info on Pie_zza, they were great.
View Quote

Can't beat a good ny slice.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Cedric’s tavern at the village isn’t bad.  Asheville’s got a lot of issues but good food isn’t one of them .  If you want good food and less woke drive to Downtown Greenville
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top