Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2024 1:26:38 AM EDT
Just curious if anyone else went to the meeting today?   I went and it was rather disappointing.   Vast majority of the audience was opposed to it.   They didn't even let the guy explain anything.  I don't have much hope it will ever happen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#1]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
Just curious if anyone else went to the meeting today?   I went and it was rather disappointing.   Vast majority of the audience was opposed to it.   They didn't even let the guy explain anything.  I don't have much hope it will ever happen.
View Quote

Wasn't even aware it was happening. Is the the park S of Marysville, between I-5 & SR9.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#2]
No, this is for a proposed shooting park up Sultan Basin rd out of Sultan.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
No, this is for a proposed shooting park up Sultan Basin rd out of Sultan.
View Quote

Won’t be able to attend, but is there any online resource of the proposal? Would be neat to see what’s planned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
https://snohomishcountywa.gov/2706/Sky-Valley-Sportsmans-Park

First meeting was last night. Another one coming up next month.  Would be good to get more supporters there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me guess, opposed by a bunch of pearl clutchers who are never going to go anywhere near the area any way. The same people who say you must be proficient in use of a firearm to own one, yet fight against every location where you could possibly safely practice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually it appeared to be all people that lived up sultan basin rd.  They don't want it anywhere near them.   Within miles of them some of them.   I understand their frustrations with traffic but the random parks department guy doesn't have anything to do with washdot and inslee ignoring hwy2.  One lady was angry about how long it takes to get home on Fridays from Monroe.   Sultan basin isn't their private wilderness.  It used to be busy every weekend until they closed every single gate and rd.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually it appeared to be all people that lived up sultan basin rd.  They don't want it anywhere near them.   Within miles of them some of them.   I understand their frustrations with traffic but the random parks department guy doesn't have anything to do with washdot and inslee ignoring hwy2.  One lady was angry about how long it takes to get home on Fridays from Monroe.   Sultan basin isn't their private wilderness.  It used to be busy every weekend until they closed every single gate and rd.
View Quote

Hwy2 has always been bad, & no amount of protesting is going to improve the situation. It's a choked 2 lane road, & always will be, gun range or no.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Ya their anger was directed in the wrong direction in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya their anger was directed in the wrong direction in my opinion.
View Quote

Maybe the 1 billion dollar state surplus count actually be used for some thing, that benefits the taxpayers…like, I don’t know, roads?🤯…nah, it’s better offf for illegals🙄.

But at least Kirkland got a couple round abouts, for who knows how many millions of dolllars…😐
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Maybe the 1 billion dollar state surplus count actually be used for some thing, that benefits the taxpayers…like, I don’t know, roads?🤯…nah, it’s better offf for illegals🙄.

But at least Kirkland got a couple round abouts, for who knows how many millions of dolllars…😐
View Quote

Maybe some money can be spent educating drivers on how to use roundabouts.  Constantly see people who have no clue on how to drive through them.  I've been hit while driving in one when a girl decided to take a left turn from the outside lane then tell me it was my fault, so she clearly had no idea what she was doing.  Better yet, actually worse, another driver nearly hit my wife as he entered the roundabout in a clockwise direction, he nearly hit about five cars.  So I wouldn't oppose some money going towards educating drivers.  While they're at it teach that the left lane isn't for driving, seems to be a common problem here in Washington.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
The state wants you on public transportation or bicycles. They're not interested in making it easier to drive your car around.  Regardless, a legal shooting spot isn't going to make a difference compared to skiers,  hikers, Leavenworth visitors, ect.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
It would probably help to get a large showing in support of this project at the next public meeting in March
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
I went to one of the meetings like 10 years ago, and for the most part everyone was on board and positive. Last I heard a couple years ago was that the land swap with the state had been completed, and the design was approved. All that was waiting was the funding. That project has been in the proposal stage for 50 years or so. This is what happens when leftists stall everything until the demographics change in their favor. Sad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rickomatic1:
I went to one of the meetings like 10 years ago, and for the most part everyone was on board and positive. Last I heard a couple years ago was that the land swap with the state had been completed, and the design was approved. All that was waiting was the funding. That project has been in the proposal stage for 50 years or so. This is what happens when leftists stall everything until the demographics change in their favor. Sad.
View Quote
That's what I thought until I went to this last meeting.  The land swap is supposed to be completed this year at some point.   The majority at this meeting were neighbors who were opposed to it.   They have an initial design but it will most likely change as they continue to evaluate the property.   The county guy said the idea of a shooting park goes all the way back to the 30s, they started working on it in the 80s.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
next meeting is March 14 at 6:30 in Startup
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By im_monster_man:
Maybe some money can be spent educating drivers on how to use roundabouts.  Constantly see people who have no clue on how to drive through them.  I've been hit while driving in one when a girl decided to take a left turn from the outside lane then tell me it was my fault, so she clearly had no idea what she was doing.  Better yet, actually worse, another driver nearly hit my wife as he entered the roundabout in a clockwise direction, he nearly hit about five cars.  So I wouldn't oppose some money going towards educating drivers.  While they're at it teach that the left lane isn't for driving, seems to be a common problem here in Washington.
View Quote

I went to a planning meeting about the Roundabout on Hwy 20 going going to Anacortes/Whidbey Island.
There was a traffic engineer there who said that it would be easier to make a left turn from the roundabout.

I asked him how does one make a left turn from a roundabout?
He tried to explain that one, I got up and went to the VAP board and showed him there was no way to make a left turn from a roundabout.
He shut up and didn't speak for the rest of the meeting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Every county in the state of Washington should be required to have an Off Road Vehicle park and a shooting sports park along with an equestrian area and hiking/mountain bike trails.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KA3B:

I went to a planning meeting about the Roundabout on Hwy 20 going going to Anacortes/Whidbey Island.
There was a traffic engineer there who said that it would be easier to make a left turn from the roundabout.

He tried to explain that one, I got up and went to the VAP board and showed him there was no way to make a left turn from a roundabout.
View Quote

Was he trying to say you can make a left turn by making a right turn?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Did I say that he said that?
He said you could make a left turn from a roundabout.
Enter a roundabout, put on your left turn signal and make a left.
Take pictures.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure if anyone cares or not but i went to the next meeting last night.  It was a little more organized this time.   They had a different person who kept it more structured. Once again there were only a hand full of people in support of the shooting park unfortunately.  There was the same group of locals who seem to think sultan basin is their personal wilderness preserve.   Little bit of loud arguing and anger.   The property is currently being logged, which is supposed to be finished this month.  Then they'll start the process of turning it over from DNR to the county.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rickomatic1:
View Quote

Nuke facilities actually get approved in less time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He obviously confused it with his other left.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#24]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Hwy2 has always been bad, & no amount of protesting is going to improve the situation. It's a choked 2 lane road, & always will be, gun range or no.
View Quote

It's 100% Sultan's three ridiculous traffic lights that block traffic up for miles. US2 should be a through road with 2-way stop signs on the cross streets

Bet the people who opposed the shooting park think those stop lights are their huckleberry
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Did I say that he said that?
He said you could make a left turn from a roundabout.
Enter a roundabout, put on your left turn signal and make a left.
Take pictures.
View Quote

I saw an Asian woman do it in Woodinville. 100% true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top