Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2023 2:05:57 PM EDT
I want to try making boudin for the first time. Does anyone have a recipe or premade seasoning they like?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have one at the moment, but I have a good idea how to do it. Did some searching last night on youtube and in one of my Cajun cookbooks, but did not see anything I liked.

I’m going to keep searching, as this is something I’ve wanted to do. A buddy of mine made some one time, I’ll ask him if he has a recipe or if he just winged it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Celebrate Sausage S02E01 - Cajun Boudin

Finally found a great video on how to make boudin.  This is pretty much exactly how I'd do it, minus the parboiled rice.  Pork liver would be the traditional choice but it can be hard to find.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Logan45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrsOApS3_6I

Finally found a great video on how to make boudin.  This is pretty much exactly how I'd do it, minus the parboiled rice.  Pork liver would be the traditional choice but it can be hard to find.
View Quote

Thanks! I’ll be butchering my own pigs, so liver will be easy as long as it looks good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ytka:

Thanks! I’ll be butchering my own pigs, so liver will be easy as long as it looks good.
View Quote

Let us know how it turns out. 👍🏻
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally got around to making the boudin and smoked it yesterday. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish it had more kick to it, but I had to keep it mild for the rest of my crew. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks damn good!  Thanks for updating us.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Boudin is one of those things most people don't cook down here since it's available in so many places. I love cooking and never made it in my life.

Good on you for not spelling it: "boudain".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top