Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2023 7:44:46 PM EDT
Just curious as I've seen nothing but a huge decline in the lake since I was a kid.
Don't see many people fishing anymore, almost all the landings/baitshops are closed, etc.
I'm also wondering if I should expect my property to go further down the drain, stay the same, or improve as my house is on a cove in the lake.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Due to the rain, flooding, and road/dirt work done around the lake, they are draining it to clean it up, dredge the silt and rebuild channels.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gixxer_sixxer:
Due to the rain, flooding, and road/dirt work done around the lake, they are draining it to clean it up, dredge the silt and rebuild channels.
View Quote

Are they going to do anything for some of the smaller coves?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I've read this a few times since it was announced that the drainage was coming.
Having seen it drained at least 3 time since the 80's, the lake just seems to get shallower, and the fishing gets worse.
Hell, I almost see no one fishing anymore, and I live close to where they used to have bass tournaments back in the day.
Anyway, I've got about 100ft of lakefront property in my backyard, a pier and a two stall boat house I'm considering either fixing up, or tearing down.
Just depends on what is going to happen with the lake.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I just read that 2 guys were walking in the lake bed and got mired in deep mud, had to call 911 for assistance.
I sure hope the lake recovers from whatever "fix" they're trying to apply.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I grew up in NLR. My dad and I fished Lake Conway at least once a month from the time I was four until DeGray opened in the early '70's. My mothers family farm became the Shouse Ford campsite.

We were driving back home when the 1965 tornado tore up Conway.

I remember Lake Conway as great fishing, but lots of stumps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top