Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2024 1:33:41 PM EDT
I'm sitting here talking with family who is telling me kids in Alabama are allowed to answer their cellphones during class and they can't be stopped. Is this truth or a bunch of disconnected people who don't have any clue?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Not at the school I’m at.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My daughters were enrolled in Huntsville City Schools last year and they were absolutely not allowed to answer their phones during class.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 243savage:
I'm sitting here talking with family who is telling me kids in Alabama are allowed to answer their cellphones during class and they can't be stopped. Is this truth or a bunch of disconnected people who don't have any clue?
View Quote

Has there been a student, somewhere in Alabama, that was allowed to answer a call during class? Most likely yes.

Is it policy in most, if not all, school systems? No.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
So a parent or sibling or other family member is in a bad accident or has to go to the hospital for an emergency and they're not allowed to answer the phone so someone could tell them?

Yeah, I'd tell my kid (not that I have kids) if I call while you're in school, it's an emergency and to answer the phone anyway. I wouldn't give a shit what the rules are.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks ya'll for the responses. I figured that he was full of it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#7]
When my kids were going to Madison City Schools, they told me that if anyone was caught with a cell phone in class, the teachers would confiscate the phone and give it to the front office.  To get the phone back, one of the parents had to come get it.

My wife and I never had to go pick up a phone - mainly because we didn't give them phones until they were juniors or seniors - and they were smart enough to not get caught.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top