Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 7:41:11 AM EDT
Snohomish county apparently ordered the cities to follow some very aggressive growth numbers and increase in density based on a few new pieces of legislation enacted in Olympia.

The population growth numbers project increases over four times what has been happening in the past 20 years.

Are you aware of stuff like this also happening in your neck of the woods?

We are suspecting that those numbers come from plans to house hundreds of thousands of illegals, if not more, and force the cities to absorb them.  Crime here has been gong up, infrastructure is on its limits. Therefore, this is a disaster in the making.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Bothell, while still a relatively nice area, has become almost unrecognizable in recent years (as has some of Woodinville). Road congestion has increased substantially, and with the sheer volume of high density condo construction that continues to unfold, I shudder at how much worse it will be when those units are occupied.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PACorps:
Bothell, while still a relatively nice area, has become almost unrecognizable in recent years (as has some of Woodinville). Road congestion has increased substantially, and with the sheer volume of high density condo construction that continues to unfold, I shudder at how much worse it will be when those units are occupied.
View Quote

Used to live near Thrasher's Corner. That area has blown up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
University Place has been going absolutely fucking bonkers with making apartments despite the majority of the residents being completely against it.
"The state is forcing us to" is their half ass excuse.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#4]
In Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond, it’s “transit-oriented development”, or whatever the term is, I suspect for the software engineers being hired from overseas. Now there are multiple high-rise apartment buildings going up in the U-District, and along the other light rail stops, both in Seattle, and the Eastside. I’m not sure what re-zoning has gone on. I suspect that some, if not all of the tech companies are lobbying for this, but I don’t know that for certain. The apartment buildings just keep going up. Strip malls, and buildings housing small businesses keep getting closed down, and new construction notice signs for apartment buildings are posted.

As many of us know, they snuck in the massive Sound Transit expansion in the 2016 election. Those of us who live within the Sound Transit area are paying through the nostrils for this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: twotwothree06] [#5]
My understanding is that the state has tied money allocated to local municipalities based upon the directive that they must pursue a maximum density housing model in lieu of the single family dwelling model. This is why you see retail space on the ground floor with apartments and condos on the upper floors. If the cities don't meet arbitrary targets then they don't get the money. Some municipalities have thumbed their noses at these requirements because for instance, how much development is the city of Coupeville really going to be able to support in the long term? They know it's not much and they don't care. On the other hand, my home town of Arlington has for the last decade been rocketing towards that end.

My career has taken me elsewhere for the last 11 years but as a Washington native my desire to come home some day is being worn away with the passing of every new stupid requirement.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#6]
View Quote

The seattle times printing plant has been razed, and condos have been raised in its place, across the street one of  the last forested areas is gonna be torn down and have a 64 condo unit built there…the whole hillside east of Canyon Park has become a sardine can of people. Stupid people at that that easily voted to go from unincorporated county to Bothell city so they can pay MORE property taxes (for Bothell).😂😂. I’m sure the Hindu temple and Microsoft and Boeing’s Max Software injunears nearby has nothing to do with the whole area becoming little India.😐 property crimes/theft, and dumping vehicles is going up too.🙄

The whole area from the Hindu temple to Amy’s salon and down that street used to look like the right side of the map not that long ago.
Seattle times location is the light brown strip at the very bottom of the picture.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I've noticed when visiting family in Bremerton that several high rise apartment buildings have gone up right in the middle of previously low density residential neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

The seattle times printing plant has been razed, and condos have been raised in its place, across the street one of  the last forested areas is gonna be torn down and have a 64 condo unit built there…the whole hillside east of Canyon Park has become a sardine can of people. Stupid people at that that easily voted to go from unincorporated county to Bothell city so they can pay MORE property taxes (for Bothell).😂😂. I’m sure the Hindu temple and Microsoft and Boeing’s Max Software injunears nearby has nothing to do with the whole area becoming little India.😐 property crimes/theft, and dumping vehicles is going up too.🙄

The whole area from the Hindu temple to Amy’s salon and down that street used to look like the right side of the map not that long ago.
Seattle times location is the light brown strip at the very bottom of the picture.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64672/579EB7BD-541D-4DE7-BFA8-85C8C0BB9E17_jpe-3169194.JPG
View Quote

I know that Seattle Times area well. I cringe at how congested that stretch of road is gonna be when those units are occupied. Trips to Home Depot or 24 Hr Fitness could become a nightmare.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]

I know that Seattle Times area well. I cringe at how congested that stretch of road is gonna be when those units are occupied. Trips to Home Depot or 24 Hr Fitness could become a nightmare.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64672/579EB7BD-541D-4DE7-BFA8-85C8C0BB9E17_jpe-3169194.JPG

WILL BE a Flustercuck.

228th ST from canyon park to 39th AVE (Hindu temple street) is already bumper to bumper 5mph traffic most of the afternoon going east.

Those new condos, will congest exit 24(beardslee blvd) and the exit for Home Depot from 522 (which already is a ginormous flustercuck)

20minutes to travel 1.6 miles from canyon park to 39th😖 and 30-45mins to travel woodinville Costco to 405😖

Also the new “405 improvement from 522 to 527” that they just started is gonna make it even more awesomer.😤
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Man am I glad I live on the Peninsula, might have to move farther out.

Need this work from home BS to go away so home prices in the boonies will come back down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#12]
It appears they want to open space to shoehorn millions of illegals here in WA.  The numbers they are forcing down are completely arbitrary and way beyond real growth reality, like four times or more the actual numbers.

Some of the stuff is forcing cities to increase buildings' maximum height and density.  Another one is forcing cities to accept more than one of what they call ADUs (attached dwelling units)  or DADUs (detached dwelling units - those mini houses) in single residency yards.   This will convert normal neighborhoods into shanty towns and bring crime, traffic problems and whatnot into them.

For what I read, the city of Mukilteo is pushing back.  I wonder if more cities could join the fight and stop the madness, which appears to be designed to insert tons of illegals into our cities, since the normal population growth is order of magnitudes lower.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Sounds like a halfway house
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#14]

How is this any different than owning a house and renting out rooms?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top