Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2024 8:55:56 PM EDT
Back the salad days of the htf, plenty of members outed themselves as genuinely good men. A few outed themselves as steaming piles. I am proud to have many of you as friends,  close or distant. Today, essentially out of the blue, a small problem I had  was solved by way of the kindness of one of us. At the risk of embarrassing him, I want to thank Belial, not just for his generosity,  but that he remembered me from back then and cared enough to make contact.  
This group doesn't look much like the tards of old, but behind the curtain are some pretty fine folks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be open to having dinner somewhere sometime. My wife and I have found a decent enough Mexican restaurant on Hiway 99 in Fife/Tacoma.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
A thank you coming from one of the "genuinely good men" I have met on this board means a lot, and you are very welcome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
This place was very welcoming when we moved our wagons west. Even got to know the mayor, and some other great people.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ductapeman] [#4]
I have never heard a harsh word about Belial from anyone, ever-- a first in this bunch I think, and I have always enjoyed talking with him. I found Iblis' phone number still in my phone, and found myself regretting never having dragged my bass over to jam with you guys--
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCRIOS] [#5]
I've met a bunch of fine folk over the years through the HTF.   I gotta give props  (Blame?) to  R-32 for introducing me to the board as well as helping me get into firearms.  Quite a handful have moved away or passed on.  I regret not taking the time to spend more time with them,  especially Da Bunny and Tumbleweed.  

Back in the day when the group came out w/ the BFL stickers, I even had one on my wife's minivan, She asked what it was and why?  My simple answer was, I can't be with you 24/7, and if your out and about with the kids and obviously need a hand, I can trust that a passing WAHTF member will likely offer assistance if they see it.  And that sums up the handful of 'good men'  I've met over the years here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCRIOS:
I've met a bunch of fine folk over the years through the HTF.   I gotta give props  (Blame?) to  R-32 for introducing me to the board as well as helping me get into firearms.  Quite a handful have moved away or passed on.  I regret not taking the time to spend more time with them,  especially Da Bunny and Tumbleweed.  

Back in the day when the group came out w/ the BFL stickers, I even had one on my wife's minivan, She asked what it was and why?  My simple answer was, I can't be with you 24/7, and if your out and about with the kids and obviously need a hand, I can trust that a passing WAHTF member will likely offer assistance if they see it.  And that sums up the handful of 'good men'  I've met over the years here.
View Quote
I believe that I have long since run out of bfl's.  Gave a 12" hot pink one away at the Caboose Christmas party.  Found a stash of camel toes, though. Remember those?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Bobbity you have a PM.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to thank, publicly, meester RCS57. He donated a gob of BFL's to cheer up the guys here. I will do my best to share them equitably. The kindness of old hasn't dwindled here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]
bobbity, glad you got them ok, just trying to give back to the HTF, btw did you call me old,lol I guess at 66 I am old, oh well cheers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RCS57:
bobbity, glad you got them ok, just trying to give back to the HTF, btw did you call me old,lol I guess at 66 I am old, oh well cheers.
View Quote
Ackshully,  I was referring to the old days, when we were the arfcom army. As for you,  you young whippersnapper,  you have several years to catch up with me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a great visit the other day with Ethereal. The idea came up for a WAHTF get together. Anyone interested in having lunch at Bur's, in Lakewood in a couple weeks?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I believe that I have long since run out of bfl's.  Gave a 12" hot pink one away at the Caboose Christmas party.  Found a stash of camel toes, though. Remember those?
View Quote

I still have it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Same
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:50:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moximouse] [#14]
I’m just glad you didn’t try to have your way with me in the cab of your truck when you sold me my first pistol like 16-17 years ago…
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Next time I'm in town we're getting together, you don't get a say either way.

I'd hate to be forced to kidnap an old fart.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#16]
WHTF used to be dope about 15 years ago there was a solid group of at least 20 guys.

Today many are either gone rip, banned or moved away like myself, but we may have to move back to help out family, but we do miss home or at least what it used to be.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By zukguy:
....  we do miss home or at least what it used to be.
View Quote

This sums up my experience with Washington and the htf in general.

Basically everyone I met IRL was what I'd consider a good dude.  

I didn't get to as many gtgs as I probably should have, but the few I made it to were awesome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
@zukguy you're on. I'll wear something....comfortable.
@moximouse yeah, that was a good start for ya. I actually remember it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
@zukguy you're on. I'll wear something....comfortable.
@moximouse yeah, that was a good start for ya. I actually remember it!
View Quote

Wear that sexy little number that shows off your legs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

Wear that sexy little number that shows off your legs.
View Quote
All of them??
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have not had a BFL logo on my vehicle in 10 years..

I did see one in Everett/Marysville last summer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top