Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2024 12:11:14 AM EDT
If you guys have the time, please contact the House again and ask them to support SB 5860 using the Knife Rights link. Thanks y'all.

https://kniferights.org/resources/congressweb/#/62
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Done
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yupyupyup.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
done.

wish they'd do state preemption for knives and clarify that fixed blades are legal
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
People actually pay attention to auto knife law?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MRBLACK947:
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. I've carried a couple autos for years.

I guess it could be an add on charge in this state that doesn't prosecute serious "gun crime" for what it's worth. If you're the wrong type to have a "switch blade" you might be screwed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
🤪🤣🤪🤣
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By nosreborg:
🤪🤣🤪🤣
View Quote

Anyone know some reputable online knife retailers that will ship autos to this state?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MRBLACK947:
View Quote

I've carried one daily since I was issued one in Iraq in 06.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been daily carrying a Microtech UTX-70 for years now.   Absolutely love it.  

and a dumb ole Milwaukee fold open utility knife for box detail lol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Knives scare liberals, last time I looked the law said LEO'S could carry auto knives on duty but not off duty.  If you have a CPL you can carry a firearm but not an auto knife. Don't try to understand this state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By j-vtol:

Anyone know some reputable online knife retailers that will ship autos to this state?
View Quote

Yeah. Pretty much all of the big ones will. BladeHQ. Etc.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Yeah. Pretty much all of the big ones will. BladeHQ. Etc.
View Quote

I purchased a Protech many years ago from them. For some reason it got stuck in my head recently that retailers had updated their shipping restrictions state specific.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
“Buck Knives will not ship automatic knives to Canada and the following states...CA, CT, DE, HI, MA, MD, MN, NM, NJ, VT, or WA, with the exception of the 839 Mini Deploy knife which can ship to California.”
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Poppaduc] [#14]
Duplicate
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By j-vtol:

I purchased a Protech many years ago from them. For some reason it got stuck in my head recently that retailers had updated their shipping restrictions state specific.
View Quote

IIRC if you go to their website they have their own disclaimer that basically says it's on the purchaser to know if they are legal to have the knife or not.  

I'm totally fine with that.  

If there weren't shipping options I always have out of state options.

I hate to go off on a mini rant but I'm done with all the bullshit in this state.    I am a easy going hard working guy that has never been in trouble with the law.    I just don't care what this state thinks anymore.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Poppaduc:
“Buck Knives will not ship automatic knives to Canada and the following states...CA, CT, DE, HI, MA, MD, MN, NM, NJ, VT, or WA, with the exception of the 839 Mini Deploy knife which can ship to California.”
View Quote

Or just go to blade HQ and buy it for cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
If someone were inclined to shop out of state, I would recommend army/navy in Kalispell and Whitefish MT.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:
Knives scare liberals, last time I looked the law said LEO'S could carry auto knives on duty but not off duty.  If you have a CPL you can carry a firearm but not an auto knife. Don't try to understand this state.
View Quote

What doesn't scare them? I mean that literally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top