Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank God for their guides
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2AFAN] [#5]
How can the BFA PAC give Moreno an Aq rating based on his public comments on guns discussed in another thread in the Ohio Hometown forum?

I don't care that he now says those words do not reflect his current views on the Second Amendment.  That just makes him
another politician in my view.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike Turner is on the list with a well deserved D.

Held my vote for him last election, and will continue to do so, until someone worth my vote steps up to replace him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Man those new anti LaRose adds are pretty damning. I need to look further into them to see how much out of context they are.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ender875:
Thank God for their guides
View Quote

Don’t forget BFA also endorsed DeWine.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Don’t forget BFA also endorsed DeWine.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
View Quote

Who has signed every bit of pro gun legislation he has been asked to. Every single one. He has been a positive for Ohio gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AT7:
Who has signed every bit of pro gun legislation he has been asked to. Every single one. He has been a positive for Ohio gun owners.
View Quote

You may be OK with politicians that flip-flop based on whatever office they’re in or running for. I’m not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#12]

You may be OK with politicians that flip-flop based on whatever office they’re in or running for. I’m not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Politicians flip-flip with the political winds, they are elected meaning they have to please the voters. Big surprise there. This means we have to keep lobbying them to vote our way. They’re not going to just give us what we want without any effort on our part.

BFA publishes grades and endorsements based on the answers to their questionnaire and voting record and I suppose public statements. BFA would have little to no influence in the state house/senate and governor if they just beat up a politician because of statements or actions made in the past. Do you keep screaming at a child today for something they did wrong years ago?  We’re electing politicians not a savior.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Would you like to know WHY DeWine changed his tune?  I’ll tell you, because I was there.

He had lost his Senate seat to Sherrod Brown. Now, he was interested in running for Attorney General. He did not understand why the pro gun folks were so vehemently opposed to him.

A couple other activists and I were asked to meet with him in Butler County. So, we did. It was about an hour and a half.

The long and short of it was this:  he had always voted in the Senate the way the Chiefs of Police association asked him to.

Little did he know, the pro gun activists at the table (5 of us) counted THREE cops. I was in my rookie or 2nd year, there was a Chief from a suburban town, and a retired medium sized agency Captain.

DeWine literally didn’t understand that the Chiefs of Police Association did not speak for Ohio cops. He changed his tune that day. He said that as Attorney General, he would consider the people of Ohio to be his clients, and his clients very clearly wanted better gun laws.

Ever since that day he has been a rock steady friend to gun owners and is in regular communication with pro gun organizations and activists.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.

The more you know.

I remember blowing his office phones up in the 80s and 90s got his anti gun bullshit.

Glad that meeting happened. Ohio has done a complete 180 since I left in the 90s.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the background intel!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dirtydog] [#16]
Would you like to know WHY DeWine changed his tune?  I'll tell you, because I was there.

He had lost his Senate seat to Sherrod Brown. Now, he was interested in running for Attorney General. He did not understand why the pro gun folks were so vehemently opposed to him.

A couple other activists and I were asked to meet with him in Butler County. So, we did. It was about an hour and a half.

The long and short of it was this:  he had always voted in the Senate the way the Chiefs of Police association asked him to.

Little did he know, the pro gun activists at the table (5 of us) counted THREE cops. I was in my rookie or 2nd year, there was a Chief from a suburban town, and a retired medium sized agency Captain.

DeWine literally didn't understand that the Chiefs of Police Association did not speak for Ohio cops. He changed his tune that day. He said that as Attorney General, he would consider the people of Ohio to be his clients, and his clients very clearly wanted better gun laws.

Ever since that day he has been a rock steady friend to gun owners and is in regular communication with pro gun organizations and activists.
View Quote
I remember how lousy a Senator he was. Then he lost to Brown and maybe you showed him the light.

Don't kid yourself though. He could just as easily switch back. He has no  compass, nor backbone. Still, I learned a good bit in this thread.

Thanks All

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dirtydog:

Don't kid yourself though. He could just as easily switch back. He has no  compass, nor backbone.

View Quote

He did switch back

He refused to sign a bill stopping both cutting off little boys peckers and little boys playing against my young daughters in sports.

RINO of the purest form
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#18]
In my experience with Governor DeWine, he generally does what he thinks is the right thing to do, and will limit his actions, though if his profession as an attorney leads him to think that the law or constitution prohibits what he might want to do.

He thinks deliberately, but will always listen to other sides. In other words, if you disagree with him, he may very well change his mind when he talks to you.

I believe he is a good man, who doesn’t always get it “right” but never intentionally goes to get it “wrong” (as we might see it). He signed constitutional carry and every pro gun bill that has come along.

He isn’t the perfect governor, but he is damn good on the whole.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#19]
In my experience with Governor DeWine, he generally does what he thinks is the right thing to do, and will limit his actions, though if his profession as an attorney leads him to think that the law or constitution prohibits what he might want to do.

He thinks deliberately, but will always listen to other sides. In other words, if you disagree with him, he may very well change his mind when he talks to you.

I believe he is a good man, who doesn’t always get it “right” but never intentionally goes to get it “wrong” (as we might see it). He signed constitutional carry and every pro gun bill that has come along.

He isn’t the perfect governor, but he is damn good on the whole.
View Quote

I remember the lock downs and mask BS. Fuck him. I also remember the legislature taking action to take his emergency powers away to put an end to it.

I didn't vote for him last election because of that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:20:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#20]
Doubled.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Man all the candidates have issues. Who is the consensus best choice? I guess LaRose.

Dolan seems like a new Rob Portman so he's a no for me in the primary. Moreno has some.issues with the 2nd.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Jerret_S:
Man all the candidates have issues. Who is the consensus best choice? I guess LaRose.

Dolan seems like a new Rob Portman so he's a no for me in the primary. Moreno has some.issues with the 2nd.
View Quote

Dems are all going to be voting for Dolan from what I hear.

With LaRose and Moreno splitting the rest of the vote... well, I have a bad feeling.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Dems are all going to be voting for Dolan from what I hear.
View Quote
Dolan seems to have surged in this poll released yesterday, but 32% are still undecided.

Emerson College Polling
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top