Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2023 7:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClangClang]
I'm new to the area and hoping to find some open BLM land to shoot on. Ideally with the possibility of setting targets up to 500+ yards, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm a responsible shooter, set up real targets not trash, gather all my brass (and any other trash I find), and leave it better than I found it. I've looked at plenty of BLM maps, but it's impossible to figure out where is actually safe to shoot, has clear sightlines, safe impact areas, etc.

Also open to range buddies as well. I can probably help you get tuned up too. I'm a CCW instructor and have been competing for about 15 years with multiple national level match wins in various disciplines.

IM's are welcome if you have a spot that you don't want to blow up on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Public land

Your best bet is finding access to shooting areas on NFS land, there isn’t much BLM in that area. Years ago, a few of us would go up to the Mill Hollow area and set up targets out to 1500 yards. I’ve seen people shooting in the Soapstone Basin area a few times and I know one of the families who have a cabin up at Smith and Morehouse that have plates set up by the reservoir, off of one of the fire roads, on NFS land.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClangClang] [#2]
Awesome. Really appreciate the info as a good starting point. And my PMs are still open for range buddies. I'm also an RO at Big Salty (next to the airport) so I have open access to that range and can get a private bay any time from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top