Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 11:47:35 AM EDT
After the 10 round limit came into play I sent all of my 15 rounders out of state for safekeeping. Seeing as they are all but valueless in their current config outside of the gulag, is there anyone around that had any experience unblocking mags? I post here because I know there are some escapees that still hang around.

I had a big pile of 15/20, 15/30 AR15 steel and pmags and 15 round M&P9 mags, and if they can be unblocked, I'd like to tell my safekeeper to unblock them and use them to his hearts content.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:54:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#1]
I sent all of my 15 rounders to a buddy's daughter in SC for safe keeping. The week I moved to PA she sent them to me. I spent a few days cutting the floor plates off and reconverting them to proper standard 30 round capacity.

I had a ton of 15/30 Pmags with epoxied and pinned floor plates. I just used a Dremel and carefully cut the epoxy seam from around the floor plate then primed them off. I broke a few but had extras so it was no big deal. The blocks were just pinned to them so I was able to pry them off and remove the pins.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I sent all of my 15 rounders to a buddy's daughter in SC for safe keeping. The week I moved to PA she sent them to me. I spent a few days cutting the floor plates off and reconverting them to proper standard 30 round capacity.

I had a ton of 15/30 Pmags with epoxied and pinned floor plates. I just used a Dremel and carefully cut the epoxy seam from around the floor plate then primed them off. I broke a few but had extras so it was no big deal. The blocks were just pinned to them so I was able to pry them off and remove the pins.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks! So the mag will just lose a Dremel cutting disc's width of depth, good news.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#3]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

Awesome, thanks! So the mag will just lose a Dremel cutting disc's width of depth, good news.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What I actually did was cut a slit down the center of the floor plate then used a screwdriver to pry the two halves apart. But I did use a knife to score around the perimeter where it slides onto the mag.

Attachment Attached File

Cut along the black line.

Attachment Attached File

Score around the floor plate with a knife.

I don't suggest you do this if you still live in prnj.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#4]

What I actually did was cut a slit down the center of the floor plate then used a screwdriver to pry the two halves apart. But I did use a knife to score around the perimeter where it slides onto the mag.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417902/mag689_snd_1_png-3166273.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417902/pmag-1_jpg-3166278.JPG

View Quote

Ha awesome. And obviously doing it in NJ would be prison time. The mags are safely in Free Americatm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Ha awesome. And obviously doing it in NJ would be prison time. The mags are safely in Free Americatm.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417902/mag689_snd_1_png-3166273.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417902/pmag-1_jpg-3166278.JPG

The other thing I did was cut all of my pinned welded brakes off of my ARs save for two, one is the Windam Weapomry WW15 I bought while living in nj. I'll keep it as nj compliant in case I decide to rejoin Cherry Ridge. The other is the last AR I built before I left nj but it's still pinned/welded because I haven't gotten around to cutting it off yet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:06:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#6]
cherry ridge lol ?? why even bother. fkn Nazis. cant shoot certain targets, cant this cant that.
not being a doosh but thats the most ridiculous thing i ever heard from anyone who finally moved out of New Jerkoffastan
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
cherry ridge lol ?? why even bother. fkn Nazis. cant shoot certain targets, cant this cant that.
not being a doosh but thats the most ridiculous thing i ever heard from anyone who finally moved out of New Jerkoffastan
View Quote

Didn't say I was going to. Just said I might, I'd like to at least have that option. I actually liked going to Cherry Ridge when I lived in nj. Their .22 range was awesome. Especially compared to the stupid .22 range that Easton Fish and Game has.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
there is lots of places in PA. 1000 yard ranges etc. im not going to advertise it. take your time and hunt what you seek.
Fuk Cherry Lame with a Buick sideways where the sun doesnt shine. and their roving Nazi patrols. looking at paying
members like they are fkn hardened criminals.
its the Principle. you escaped. now you think of going back ? i almost spit coffee all over my work computer this morning.

EFGA was really cool. i wont get into specifics there. it changed to not my liking. there is so many places in PA to
fire a gun its not even funny and in a lifetime youll probably never find all the spots. sometimes on a back road a place pops up
that i never even seen and i been roaming those roads since 1987.
if i didnt work in New Jerkoffstan id never cross the border to even see my in laws or my father lol. their choices to stay
and  take it up the ass daily.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#9]
last time i was at Cherry draconian Rules was 2002 lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#10]
last time i was at Cherry draconian Rules was 2002 lol.
View Quote

I was a member there from about 2014 to 2019, and for what it's worth they seemed to lighten up a little (at least compared to the stories that I had heard about that place). Overall still a pretty tightly wound up range. I shoot in PA now, which is a 45ish minute drive for me, it's cheaper and less ridiculous about the rules, but no long distance. I do miss the 300yd range.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:10:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#11]
there is many 300 yard places in PA including some gameland ranges.
i refuse to pay good money and be treated like im the criminal. if i went there six times i got yelled at five times..
one time im laying prone and some yahoo asks me am i a sniper ? get lost ahole.... mind your fkn business.
then one time i got locked in the place. nah fuck all that. never again.
and screw Fort Ratt.

I was a member there from about 2014 to 2019, and for what it's worth they seemed to lighten up a little (at least compared to the stories that I had heard about that place). Overall still a pretty tightly wound up range. I shoot in PA now, which is a 45ish minute drive for me, it's cheaper and less ridiculous about the rules, but no long distance. I do miss the 300yd range.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
i refuse to pay good money and be treated like im the criminal. if i went there six times i got yelled at five times..
one time im laying prone and some yahoo asks me am i a sniper ? get lost ahole.... mind your fkn business.
and screw Fort Ratt.

View All Quotes
and screw Fort Ratt.

The problem I have with the PA state game lands is the "No more than 5 rounds in a magazine" and "No rapid fire, 2 seconds between shots only" bullshit rules.

I can't remember where I read it but that's why I didn't join the Pike County SGL.

I will more than likely never go to Cherry Ridge or into nj to shoot ever again. Hell, I don't even have a Cherry Ridge membership anymore.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]
the game land ranges are good for sighting in stuff etc. not practical practice.
SGL 183 the one in Pike is decent. SGL 300 Archbald is 200 yds. pay for one and its good for all of them.

they used to allow mags but the cry baby hunters got mad people would go there to dump mags.
waa waa our hunting dues pay to repair the back boards etc.
so they ruined it for the black rifle guys. there is a strong Fudd presence at many clubs. you learn to ignore them.

i know all kinds of places to shoot. i mostly shoot private property. but there is plenty places. fkkkkkkk Cherry Jail , Fort Ratt etc...

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#14]
the game land ranges are good for sighting in stuff etc. not practical practice.
SGL 183 the one in Pike is decent. SGL 300 Archbald is 200 yds. pay for one and its good for all of them.

they used to allow mags but the cry baby hunters got mad people would go there to dump mags.
waa waa our hunting dues pay to repair the back boards etc.
so they ruined it for the black rifle guys. there is a strong Fudd presence at many clubs. you learn to ignore them.

i know all kinds of places to shoot. i mostly shoot private property. but there is plenty places. fkkkkkkk Cherry Jail , Fort Ratt etc...

View Quote

I wish I had private property to shoot on. I have no friends.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]
maybe you can come out with us one day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

That would be neat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#17]
ok thats cool.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

View Quote

It's not PA but you guys would have a great time at one of the monthly matches at the OBR&PC.  Lots of great people there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:

It's not PA but you guys would have a great time at one of the monthly matches at the OBR&PC.  Lots of great people there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Demeroma:

Where's that and what do the abbreviations mean? Spell it out to me like I'm dumb. Because I am.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Where's that and what do the abbreviations mean? Spell it out to me like I'm dumb. Because I am.
View Quote

I think he means old bridge rifle and pistol club.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Sorry about that

I think he means old bridge rifle and pistol club.
View Quote

KnuckleSandwich is right. The Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club has monthly matches where you draw and shoot from various positions and distances. It's $10 bucks to participate and in my book that's quite a deal. Bring your gun, holster, mags and mag pouches and at least 60 rounds. You can shoot from low ready if you don't have a holster and if you don't have 4 mags, someone will be happy to reload your mag as you're shooting so you can finish the match.

This thread has more info: link

Also after the regular matches are over they'll have different drills you can participate in if you want:

OBRPC 12-Jan-2024 Bill Drill and more

The matches are usually held on the second Friday of the month with a 6 pm sign up and 6:30 hammer down and can last several hours depending on how many shooters there are.

Plenty of good, experienced and knowledgeable people at these matches. Also people like me .

If anyone is interested in attending, let me know and I'll post when the next shoot is.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
id check that out. i hear only really good things about Old Bridge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#23]
id check that out. i hear only really good things about Old Bridge.
View Quote

Cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#24]
OBRPC (old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club) has over a dozen different disciplines.
I have been a member for 15 odd years. Great club with plenty to offer.
Everything from PPC, to steel challenge (2 leagues) to shotgun, to USPSA and everything in between.
They have both an indoor and outdoor range. (different locations).
Info can be found HERE
and HERE
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#25]
What PistolPastor said above.

I'm not a member...yet...but I do try to attend the monthly Police Pistol Combat Matches. I've learned so much about my strengths and weaknesses and how I and my gear works under stress. Things that I would never have found out about by simply standing in a lane and shooting bullseyes. Another benefit of the matches is that there are many men and women there with many years of experience that will readily share their knowledge to help you to improve your abilities.

The next PPC match is May 10th at 6 p.m. at the indoor range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top