Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
checking in team, wondering if anyone has a list of pertinent frequencies that would be good for a fella in Bothell?. to load in a Baofeng handheld .

-shoot me a pm if you feel like sharing.  thnx.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Google repeaters in WA state

In particular the WW7RA repeater on Gold mountain can be hit from almost the entire Puget Sound.

Even a lowly Baofeng with a whip can light it up from Tacoma to Everett
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the tip.

Attachment Attached File

1. Item 1

2. Item 2

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#3]
the weather station is a good one to have as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have  a older radio that a friend helped put a few repeaters in and he moved out of state a few years ago.  I bought the newer radio they now offer that has the weather channels on it . I need to upload it yet.

doing the youtube self-help vids and thought to see what the hive had to say for any that I may be missing from basic net searches.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ever travel the state ferries, the dock/boat frequency is 151.040.  it is nice to sit back and listen to everything going on.  No need to wait for announcements when you have a heads-up from their internal comms.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BEAMEUP] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frostbite:
If you ever travel the state ferries, the dock/boat frequency is 151.040.  it is nice to sit back and listen to everything going on.  No need to wait for announcements when you have a heads-up from their internal comms.
View Quote
Also fun to hear them bitch about the drivers doing stupid shit to.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a HAM, or GMRS lic?

( I'm not one of those guys that will belittle you if you dont... just asking)..

I have quite a bit.

There are over 20 licensed hams in the washington home town.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top