Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2024 11:22:12 AM EDT
I have a bunch of items I need engraved, including lowers and a couple SP5s. I used to use Veritas but it looks like he is out of the business now. Any ships in SE Michigan that do a good job engraving and re-blackening the engraving?

Trying to avoid sending all this out of state to TarHeel State in NC.

Thx.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The only NFA deep engraving I've had done was at Centermass in Livonia. Both times were AR aluminum recievers in the "Standard" location. I'm not sure how they do other metals.

Let me see if I can get some photos. One they kind of darkened. The other they didn't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Brad at
https://greatlakescustomworks.com/product-category/laser-engraving-services/
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the replies. I think it might be cheaper to use that Buds Gun Shop shipping service and send it to Tarheel. $75 for engraving feels steep.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I take mine over to Todd at Customized Creationz. I think he was $50 and did it while I waited.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
In SW area South Of Lansing check with Bob Abbott …look him up in fb.  He posts a lot of his laser work.  Has All the licensing  

H
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Gerbrand Defense in Waterford.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strikefirst] [#7]
Veritas also an ffl

NVM

CLOSED DOWN
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strikefirst:
Veritas also an ffl

NVM

CLOSED DOWN
View Quote

Yeah, they couldn't compete with the businesses that bought the newer lower priced tech.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Veritas

The owner, Phil, was a personal friend of mine. He was my NFA engraver, and transfer FFL. The business was his sole source of income. But as stated above, thing started to slow down, and it wasn't producing enough income to stay in business. Got a job with the PO, met a new woman. She's from a different Michigan city further up north of his location. So December 1st. He sold the equipment, the house, surrender his FFL, remarried and move to her location.

I do miss him. We do stay in tough occasionally these days. I now need to find a new engraver, and transfer FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top