Posted: 2/23/2024 11:36:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
D&L shooting supplies in warwick
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rustygun] [#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#3]
You are comparing internet prices, and huge store to in smaller gunshop prices…smaller store prices will always be higher..they have a building, insurance, and employees to pay for. We do not have a PSA nearby, the closest thing would be a Cabelas or Bass Pro…which generally will be higher in store, unless they are running a specific sale.

That being said everyone does transfers, transfers run from 35-50 bucks.

Having a relationship with a shop also helps..I usually can haggle a little bit due to amount of business.

Depending on her age she will not be able to purchase a firearm in RI. You must be 21.

We also have a wonderful 10 round mag ban shoved up our ass. There are a few events around, but she needs to be careful travelling to Mass and CT with a semi auto rifle….both have their own specific nazi like rules.

She went to the wrong part of the country…she should have kept going to NH, or currently Maine for gun rights.

But Maine is being worked on hard, after their shooting which was completely avoidable if Military and their own law enforcement did their job.

If she can make it happen, Wallum Lake has rimfire matches.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rustygun:
Good news about the transfers. She is almost 30 so age is not a barrier for her. She lived in MA for a few years and her stuff was with me. When she lived in TN she had a carry permit and grew up shooting. Now you don't even need a permit to carry a pistol here, but if you have one you do have reciprocity with other states and can carry loaded long guns in your vehicle. But at least now in RI she has her stuff and I think may get a carry permit. It is sad how restrictive it is in the NE when Boston was the epicenter of our fight for independence in 1775.

She went to a range for ladies night and she has met ladies who have been trying to get their permits but so far can not shoot a high enough score. She says all firing is done at 25 yards for the permit.

She said the range personnel where condescending toward her so she ran her target out to 25 and shot a qualifying score cold. They acted nicer then but the other women are struggling. She is trying to get them organized to do some Appleseed events to get them grounded in the fundamentals, but doesn't have any loaner guns. I could have given her more if I knew she would need them. Hate for her to buy new stuff when there is stuff available.

We are always willing to help new shooters

View Quote

Ok, this is all great Information. Then yes, I would absolutely look into transfers. Not sure what range she went to, I’m guessing it was midstate?

There is a somewhat gun famous lady in our State “Daria Bruno” she does training focusing on new lady shooters, she’s also super nice and one of the most down to earth people you’ll meet.

https://www.lockstockanddaria.com

I’m wondering if you daughter got in touch with her, then it may be a program where a discount could be had to order a few rifles, with a direct relation to training and competition. Daria is well known throughout or community and well respected in the gun stores.

You raised her right, be proud Dad! Helping new shooters is so important in our fight for our rights, and she is attacking this the right way.

Also please let her know to get involved politically. Every year we have to go to the state house and fight for our rights. We are facing a safe storage, and AWB this year. Letters, and calls to reps help. Testifying helps. Being a woman will help even more. Please, please tell her to get involved.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
D&L isn`t that great,sorry to say
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sealusn50cal:
D&L isn`t that great,sorry to say
View Quote

You may find a better deal on something somewhere else, but for the shear volume of stuff in that shop, you can pretty much find whatever you are looking for.

But please, add in your favorite shops.

I also love Cranston Gun and Coin. The family that owns that place has always treated me well for a long time. Others will bitch about their prices, I have found them willing to work with me on price better than most.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I've always had good luck at D&L. You may wait a little if they're busy but price wise they've been good. Cranston Gun and Coin I have mixed feelings about and is probably a place where I wont do business again (nothing due to their prices). Other good stores are Heritage, A&M and if you want a trip back in time Kane's. All good guys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By millertime23:
I've always had good luck at D&L. You may wait a little if they're busy but price wise they've been good. Cranston Gun and Coin I have mixed feelings about and is probably a place where I wont do business again (nothing due to their prices). Other good stores are Heritage, A&M and if you want a trip back in time Kane's. All good guys.
View Quote

And this is why it’s good to offer up opinions on each shop. Personally I’ll never do business with Heritage ..long story.

A&M is fantastic…just a bit of drive to get to the island.

I’ve got to check out Kanes!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

And this is why it’s good to offer up opinions on each shop. Personally I’ll never do business with Heritage ..long story.

A&M is fantastic…just a bit of drive to get to the island.

I’ve got to check out Kanes!
View Quote

Agreed on all. I'll just add that I've never heard anyone say anything bad about sandy Kane. Great guy, cool shop just don't go expecting there to be racks and racks of modern firearms. Also, if you're going to go I'd make it sooner rather than later. Last time I was in he was looking a little rough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Are you talking about Kane Motorcar? I haven't been in there in about a decade, but I would be surprised if the owner was still alive. D&L definitely has the selection, but I don't head that far north of the tower too often. The Sporting Shoppe at the preserve has decent prices for RI, and a pretty wide selection of stuff. Elite doesn't stock a lot, but there's a selection of range rentals, if you want to try something new. A lot of places in South County have shut down in the past ~10 years.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I think may get a carry permit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I think may get a carry permit.

If she has any questions/issues, RIFOL.org has some good (albeit dated) info. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

She says all firing is done at 25 yards for the permit.

Sounds crazy, but the qualification for CCW in RI is done on an Army L target at 25 yds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 12milesout:

Are you talking about Kane Motorcar? I haven't been in there in about a decade, but I would be surprised if the owner was still alive. D&L definitely has the selection, but I don't head that far north of the tower too often. The Sporting Shoppe at the preserve has decent prices for RI, and a pretty wide selection of stuff. Elite doesn't stock a lot, but there's a selection of range rentals, if you want to try something new. A lot of places in South County have shut down in the past ~10 years.
View Quote

Yep sandy is the owner and he's still kicking. Not too many places where you can check out a classic car and then look at a nice p-38. The shop I miss down here is Universal, shame that after Hank sold it to Tim Gray he ran that place into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Yep sandy is the owner and he's still kicking. Not too many places where you can check out a classic car and then look at a nice p-38. The shop I miss down here is Universal, shame that after Hank sold it to Tim Gray he ran that place into the ground.
View Quote

IIRC, there was a Lahti L-39 on display. Definitely a unique shop.
I made a number of purchases from Hank over the years... even test-fired a few in the "range" that was set up in the basement. It was quite disappointing to see the downfall of that shop. I could never bring myself to purchase from Lenny's shop, but it seems to be under new management, too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 12milesout:

IIRC, there was a Lahti L-39 on display. Definitely a unique shop.
I made a number of purchases from Hank over the years... even test-fired a few in the "range" that was set up in the basement. It was quite disappointing to see the downfall of that shop. I could never bring myself to purchase from Lenny's shop, but it seems to be under new management, too.
View Quote

There was, I know where it went..... There are two carbide pins and holes in the chamber of that gun. He told me it came from bonnet shores, guy had it on top of his piano overlooking the ocean.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I read the proposed RI AWB, 10-22s seem to be included since they are mag-fed, and there is no way to restrict them to a max of 10 ctgs.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#17]
Originally Posted By raf:
Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I read the proposed RI AWB, 10-22s seem to be included since they are mag-fed, and there is no way to restrict them to a max of 10 ctgs.

Am I wrong?
View Quote

You are not wrong, and this was brought up rely to Knight during testimony.

A gentleman was talking about his 10/22 that he uses for shooting the coyotes that keep eating his chickens, and that his rifle would now be banned.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

You are not wrong, and this was brought up rely to Knight during testimony.

A gentleman was talking about his 10/22 that he uses for shooting the coyotes that keep eating his chickens, and that his rifle would now be banned.

View Quote
I recall reading an article in a local newspaper in which Knight described an event where his wife was nearby--NOT at-- a shooting incident where a 10-22 was used.  If this is so, it could explain a few things about Knight.  AFAIK, the newspaper interview, as well as the information above about Knight's wife was published sometime after his first election to RI House.  Too bad he didn't see fit to reveal this important information before he was elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top