Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2024 4:15:56 PM EDT
Wife and I and 4 year old would like to consider either spending Xmas or New Years outside of Denver in the snow. I really don’t care too much about skiing but will try it. More so looking for scenery and some downhill tubing fun for my daughter.

Cost isn’t too much of a factor. I’d expect to be there for 3-4 night and am fine with dropping $2-3k on lodging.

I have nothing to compare to but would expect good restaurant, nice bar, top notch scenery, and to be completely out of breath as I live at -3 elevation.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare] [#1]
Closest areas to Denver meeting your descriptions would be Summit County (Dillon, Silverthorne, Frisco, Keystone, Breckenridge) or Grand County (Winter Park, Fraser). Keystone, Breckenridge and Winter park are ski resorts with lots of options for lodging, and Frisco (on the way to Breckenridge) and Fraser have commercial tubing hills.

Summit county will be busier but also have more to do/places to go with easier access since I70 runs through it (Leadville, Vail are fun day trips in Summit, too).

Both areas have nice restaurants and drinking establishments. Nicer area will be in Summit overall, but can't go wrong with either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top