Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2022 2:03:01 AM EDT
What's the best way?  I'm not rich, but not poor. The fishing sounds exciting, and that's a zero question adventure. Coming from fishing an Alaskan island, I want to fish the tropics. Any knowledge on who the best charter is? I also noticed that there are some Feral pig and goat hunts on the island. Looks a bit ridiculous price wise, but I also understand I'm paying for the use of their optics and gear. Anyhow, I'm open to fun ideas for what else to do on the island of Kauai! This is my long overdue honeymoon, and yes....she is exactly the caliber of woman that will be slaying creatures right next to me. Trip dates are late Feb to early Mar.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:03:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chukar] [#1]
I know it's an old thread but how did things pan out?
MotherChukar and I are looking at booking a trip next May.
@muddawggin
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muddawggin] [#2]
@Chukar

I never did get any hits regarding this.  We ended up just chartering a boat, but never landed a hunt.  We just got back from Kauai again just a couple weeks ago.  We had a bit more planned on that trip, but still chartered the same boat, but the skipper had a different deckhand.  While trolling we struck up several conversations of course, and the pig hunting topic came up.  He hunts considerably different that any tourist would, as he used only dogs and a knife.  He did suggest this place as a good outfit for both hunting and fishing.  I will likely give them a try on our next trip down there.  If you happen to land some pig hunting, reach out to me and let me know how it went!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top