Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2023 8:33:16 PM EDT
Are there any recommended shops around and near Eugene to pick up some ammo? I'll be with a group (4 shooters) attending a class next month and need to source some 5.56/.223 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know anyone in OR? Probably be cheaper to buy online and send it to them. Most places I've been around the state like to carry a few boxes of this and that at insane prices.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Do you know anyone in OR? Probably be cheaper to buy online and send it to them. Most places I've been around the state like to carry a few boxes of this and that at insane prices.
View Quote

Already thought of that, but won't be able to meet up before the class.

I've already tried emailing a shop that was recommended by the class instructor, but they haven't replied back.

If not, any good shops around to deal with that could possibly bring some in?

Edit: Got in contact with a shop to get some ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Already thought of that, but won't be able to meet up before the class.

I've already tried emailing a shop that was recommended by the class instructor, but they haven't replied back.

If not, any good shops around to deal with that could possibly bring some in?

Edit: Got in contact with a shop to get some ammo.
View Quote

Which shop? Mazama has treated me good but I've only bought small things from them.

There is a black powder shop in Springfield on the railroad tracks, I'd avoid. They won't do what you want anyways.

PM me, there is a guy in Roseburg (FFL) that will probably do it for it for you. He is very easy to work with. Roseburg is about an hour south on I-5.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#4]
I don't know if this will help at all, but a couple of weeks ago I was into Bass Pro shop in Tacoma, WA and they had a whole bunch of cases of 5.56 ammo out on the floor..some new manufacture, and some re-manufactured.. My estimate is that there were at least 75 cases of a thousand rounds of each kind out on the sale floor.

ETA:  I know that OP asked about Eugene, Oregon, but if he strikes out everywhere else, perhaps Bass Pro would ship some to him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Genin:
I don't know if this will help at all, but a couple of weeks ago I was into Bass Pro shop in Tacoma, WA and they had a whole bunch of cases of 5.56 ammo out on the floor..some new manufacture, and some re-manufactured.. My estimate is that there were at least 75 cases of a thousand rounds of each kind out on the sale floor.

ETA:  I know that OP asked about Eugene, Oregon, but if he strikes out everywhere else, perhaps Bass Pro would ship some to him.
View Quote

I don't live in Oregon. I'll be flying in and can't carry more than 11lbs of ammo in check in bags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

Which shop? Mazama has treated me good but I've only bought small things from them.

View Quote

I was recommended to contact Coat of Arms. We'll have to drive a few hours to get it, but just glad that the ammo situation is set.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Coat of arms... is that in Keizer?

I'm close if you need any help.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LESPAUL1:
Coat of arms... is that in Keizer?

I'm close if you need any help.
View Quote

Yes, in Keizer.

I appreciate the offer. I'll hit you up if something comes up. We'll probably only be there briefly to pick up the ammo. I haven't planned much, but hoping to do a quick function test and double check zero somewhere nearby.
Top Top