Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2023 8:33:16 PM EDT
Are there any recommended shops around and near Eugene to pick up some ammo? I'll be with a group (4 shooters) attending a class next month and need to source some 5.56/.223 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know anyone in OR? Probably be cheaper to buy online and send it to them. Most places I've been around the state like to carry a few boxes of this and that at insane prices.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Do you know anyone in OR? Probably be cheaper to buy online and send it to them. Most places I've been around the state like to carry a few boxes of this and that at insane prices.
View Quote

Already thought of that, but won't be able to meet up before the class.

I've already tried emailing a shop that was recommended by the class instructor, but they haven't replied back.

If not, any good shops around to deal with that could possibly bring some in?

Edit: Got in contact with a shop to get some ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Already thought of that, but won't be able to meet up before the class.

I've already tried emailing a shop that was recommended by the class instructor, but they haven't replied back.

If not, any good shops around to deal with that could possibly bring some in?

Edit: Got in contact with a shop to get some ammo.
View Quote

Which shop? Mazama has treated me good but I've only bought small things from them.

There is a black powder shop in Springfield on the railroad tracks, I'd avoid. They won't do what you want anyways.

PM me, there is a guy in Roseburg (FFL) that will probably do it for it for you. He is very easy to work with. Roseburg is about an hour south on I-5.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Genin] [#4]
I don't know if this will help at all, but a couple of weeks ago I was into Bass Pro shop in Tacoma, WA and they had a whole bunch of cases of 5.56 ammo out on the floor..some new manufacture, and some re-manufactured.. My estimate is that there were at least 75 cases of a thousand rounds of each kind out on the sale floor.

ETA:  I know that OP asked about Eugene, Oregon, but if he strikes out everywhere else, perhaps Bass Pro would ship some to him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Genin:
I don't know if this will help at all, but a couple of weeks ago I was into Bass Pro shop in Tacoma, WA and they had a whole bunch of cases of 5.56 ammo out on the floor..some new manufacture, and some re-manufactured.. My estimate is that there were at least 75 cases of a thousand rounds of each kind out on the sale floor.

ETA:  I know that OP asked about Eugene, Oregon, but if he strikes out everywhere else, perhaps Bass Pro would ship some to him.
View Quote

I don't live in Oregon. I'll be flying in and can't carry more than 11lbs of ammo in check in bags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

Which shop? Mazama has treated me good but I've only bought small things from them.

View Quote

I was recommended to contact Coat of Arms. We'll have to drive a few hours to get it, but just glad that the ammo situation is set.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Coat of arms... is that in Keizer?

I'm close if you need any help.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LESPAUL1:
Coat of arms... is that in Keizer?

I'm close if you need any help.
View Quote

Yes, in Keizer.

I appreciate the offer. I'll hit you up if something comes up. We'll probably only be there briefly to pick up the ammo. I haven't planned much, but hoping to do a quick function test and double check zero somewhere nearby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top