Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 5:04:15 PM EDT
Just tried buying ammo locally at a Costal.  They wanted my name,  age, phone number,  and address. I asked who was requiring this,  the store or the state.  She didn't know.   I declined the purchase and left.   Is this something else new or likely some kind of store policy? I had bought ammo there recently and they hadn't asked me that,  neither did cabelas right before Christmas
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall the one in Lacey asking me all that. I may have had to show a license to prove I was 18+.  It's been a few months though.  Maybe things have changed
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
They've asked for age for a while but not that other shit. Caught me off guard.  I guess I could have just made up a bunch of bullshit. She didn't ask for my ID
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys must not have been paying attention to the 2023 Legislative session.  Let me introduce you to SB5078, which is codified in RCW 7.48.330
https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=7.48.330

Not quoting the whole thing, but the "meat" of the bill is in sections 2 through 6

(2) This section applies to a firearm industry member engaged in the manufacture, distribution, importation, marketing, or wholesale or retail sale of a firearm industry product.
(3) A firearm industry member shall not knowingly create, maintain, or contribute to a public nuisance in this state through the sale, manufacturing, distribution, importing, or marketing of a firearm industry product.
(4) A firearm industry member shall establish, implement, and enforce reasonable controls regarding its manufacture, sale, distribution, importing, use, and marketing of firearm industry products.
(5) A firearm industry member shall take reasonable precautions to ensure the firearm industry member does not sell or distribute a firearm industry product to a downstream distributor or retailer of firearm industry products that fails to establish and implement reasonable controls.
(6) A firearm industry member shall not manufacture, distribute, import, market, offer for wholesale, or offer for retail sale a firearm industry product that is:
(a) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that foreseeably promotes conversion of legal firearm industry products into illegal firearm industry products; or
(b) Designed, sold, or marketed in a manner that is targeted at minors or individuals who are legally prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms.
View Quote

What is a "reasonable control" you may ask?  Well, they've provided a definition and guideline for that too in the RCW:

(f) "Reasonable controls" means reasonable procedures, safeguards, and business practices, including but not limited to screening, security, and inventory practices, that are designed and implemented to do all of the following:
(i) Prevent the sale or distribution of a firearm industry product to a straw purchaser, a firearm trafficker, a person prohibited from possessing a firearm under state or federal law, or a person who the firearm industry member has reasonable cause to believe is at substantial risk of using a firearm industry product to harm themselves or unlawfully harm another, or of unlawfully possessing or using a firearm industry product;
(ii) Prevent the loss of a firearm industry product or theft of a firearm industry product from a firearm industry member; and
(iii) Ensure that the firearm industry member complies with all provisions of state and federal law and does not otherwise promote the unlawful sale, manufacture, distribution, importing, possession, marketing, or use of a firearm industry product.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Ronald Regan
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington
360-202-1234
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My local hardware/ mercantile  store has over 50 cases of 556/223 on hand, apparently a bunch of back orders came in. They ask for a birthday, an merely glance at ID.

Idaho a case of Winchester M193 I saw today is $519.00, can I get it alittle cheaper online, sure, but I don't have to give them a copy of my license though. An sales tax is 6% rather than 9% for WA.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shasta69:
Ronald Regan
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington
360-202-1234
View Quote
Has your account been hacked or have you been drinking?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
Just tried buying ammo locally at a Costal.  They wanted my name,  age, phone number,  and address. I asked who was requiring this,  the store or the state.  She didn't know.   I declined the purchase and left.   Is this something else new or likely some kind of store policy? I had bought ammo there recently and they hadn't asked me that,  neither did cabelas right before Christmas
View Quote

And away we go…

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
View Quote

That sucks!  I bought some ammo from them back in December and they only asked for my age.  

Sadly, this will not stop me from buying ammo locally since that is their fucking plan.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:17:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bergunx:
Sadly, this will not stop me from buying ammo locally since that is their fucking plan.
View Quote
Wont stop me either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No issues at Sportco the other day

Sir James…
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#11]
Originally Posted By Sir_James:
No issues at Sportco the other day

Sir James…
View Quote

+ 1. No issues for me at Sportco today.

BTW Seattle has a stoopid ammo tax, IIRC, 5 cents per round. I guess I had forgotten that. Fortunately, I learned that after buying only one 5-round box of 12 gauge shells at Outdoor Emporium, the Sportco sister store in Seattle, so no big loss. But that does it for me as far as buying ammo in Seattle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TigerForce:

BTW Seattle has a stoopid ammo tax, IIRC, 5 cents per round. I guess I had forgotten that. Fortunately, I learned that after buying only one 5-round box of 12 gauge shells at Outdoor Emporium, the Sportco sister store in Seattle, so no big loss. But that does it for me as far as buying ammo in Seattle.
View Quote

What fresh hell is this? That's got to be illegal as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:

The WA State Supreme courts disagrees.....

Passed in 2015, ruled "constitutional" by the WA Supreme Court 8-1 in 2017.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

The WA State Supreme courts disagrees.....

Passed in 2015, ruled "constitutional" by the WA Supreme Court 8-1 in 2017.
View Quote

State SC is nothing but a rubber stamp for the tyranny party.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought some ammo at Coastal in Auburn a few days ago. No questions asked.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought ammo at Sportco Fife this week. No questions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

State SC is nothing but a rubber stamp for the tyranny party.
View Quote

Yep. Same with the capital gains tax being considered ‘constitutional’.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not seeing any age restrictions on ammunition in the RCWs.  

Did I miss it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Poppaduc:
I'm not seeing any age restrictions on ammunition in the RCWs.  

Did I miss it?
View Quote
I might appear my experience was due to a new store policy.  It seems others aren't seeing the same requirements at other stores.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#20]
At least you can get ammo, sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale has about nothing in stock.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#21]
That 11% Ammo Tax Bill make it out of Committee?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Negative
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Negative
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Negative

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

They will often lower their prices enough to make up for the tax. I still hate giving that stupid city any money though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top