Posted: 12/29/2023 5:15:17 PM EDT
Obviously the road goes both ways.

Protect Illinois Communities Act Statistics
Number of Individuals Completing a Disclosure: 15,164
Total Disclosures: 51,978
Firearms Disclosures: 33,065
Accessory Disclosures: 18,632
Ammunition Disclosures: 281

Slightly more than 15K out of over 2,415,481 FOID holders have self-snitched on themselves, this number in itself is insignificant. But by their legal parlance state politicians have just made 2,400,317 instant criminals, potential mass murderers, and potential terrorists. Now they have no hope of ever regaining any trust of the formerly law-abiding gun owners. By rights, they should be afraid of the box they've just opened.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I only wanted to add that probably not all FOID holders have items on the banned lists. I have 3 guys in my neighborhood that have a FOID cards but only possess revolvers and pump shotguns. They don't even know PICA exists as they only shoot maybe a couple times a year at the range or hunted years ago..

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:
I only wanted to add that probably not all FOID holders have items on the banned lists. I have 3 guys in my neighborhood that have a FOID cards but only possess revolvers and pump shotguns. They don't even know PICA exists as they only shoot maybe a couple times a year at the range or hunted years ago..

VooDoo
View Quote

Very good point, but, wait till the state demands that you have to declare yourself a nonowner of banned items to renew your FOID. Not gonna happen? anyone who imagines that won't happen will probably be surprised. Those nonowners of banned list firearms will soon find their weapons on the block to be registered also if the rumors coming out of Springfield are correct. If this abortion of a law survives SCOTUS Piggly has their weapons in his sight too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how many have a foid, but live out of state? I have a foid at my home of record but I live in VA. I hold dual residents in both states.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By murderface01:
I wonder how many have a foid, but live out of state? I have a foid at my home of record but I live in VA. I hold dual residents in both states.
View Quote

I moved away 3 years ago. MY FOID is still active for another 5 years or so. I bought banned guns during the COVID slowdown. Took over 2 weeks to get cleared to take them.

So nice to live in a free state now. Bought an Echelon a couple weeks ago. Walked in, filled out the 4473, and walked out with it.

I still check IL hometown as I make infrequent trips back.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]

VooDoo
View Quote

That's probably true but then again, there are probably many FOID holders who have multiple registerable items in their possession. I think the registration numbers reflect that. I just know I'm glad I left Illinois a few years ago and don't have to make a tough decision.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

Very good point, but, wait till the state demands that you have to declare yourself a nonowner of banned items to renew your FOID. Not gonna happen? anyone who imagines that won't happen will probably be surprised. Those nonowners of banned list firearms will soon find their weapons on the block to be registered also if the rumors coming out of Springfield are correct. If this abortion of a law survives SCOTUS Piggly has their weapons in his sight too.
View Quote

No, I think it very well may happen. I think the likes of Pritzker and his supporters would like to disarm Amerika. It's no secret that he has his eye on the White House and he's catering to folks like Moms Demand Action for when he tries to take this bullshit Federal. I do believe we may be witnessing the sundown of civilian ownership of firearms - for now they are testing the water. Later they mean to disarm all of US.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I see too much fearmongering and misinformation here. Pritzker has stated he has no interest in the White House. Nobody has no idea what will happen till it happens. This whole thing is just a big pain in the ass just like having to apply for the FOID is a big pain in the ass. Now how can anybody not know this law was enacted, how is anybody that clueless ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
I see too much fearmongering and misinformation here. Pritzker has stated he has no interest in the White House. Nobody has no idea what will happen till it happens. This whole thing is just a big pain in the ass just like having to apply for the FOID is a big pain in the ass. Now how can anybody not know this law was enacted, how is anybody that clueless ?
View Quote

You trust anything JB pigster says? He is a liar.  Proven liar.   He wants the White House bad.  Anyone who trusts what a democrat liberal says needs their head examined.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I don`t trust what any political hustler says I don`t care what political party they are from. All politicians are hustlers, con-artists, and pathological liars.  I have no idea what Pritzkers plans are for the future. We will just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
I don`t trust what any political hustler says I don`t care what political party they are from. All politicians are hustlers, con-artists, and pathological liars.  I have no idea what Pritzkers plans are for the future. We will just have to wait and see.
View Quote

You're naive.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Most FOID holders have no idea that their semi-auto rifles or shotguns are banned and need to be registered.

They follow MSM news which only stated that ARs and AKs have to be registered. Since they don't own one of those they think they are good with the law.

BTW.. anyone notice that the media is now calling it a "semi-auto ban"?    

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:49:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#12]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

BTW.. anyone notice that the media is now calling it a "semi-auto ban"?    

View Quote

Yeah, I noticed some time ago that the media (as usual) seems to have their heads up their asses about keeping people factually informed about PICA. But really, it is a semi auto weapons ban so they ain't lying in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/@BishopOnAir/featured

Greg Bishop is generally spot on and an awesome source of factual information. I have talked to an awful lot of people around me that have FOID cards and a lot of them simply have no idea this is going on or if they know, they don't understand that they may have things that are now illegal. This whole mess is so confusing and the ISP never did send a notice to FOID holders of this legislation.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah, I noticed some time ago that the media (as usual) seems to have their heads up their asses about keeping people factually informed about PICA. But really, it is a semi auto weapons ban so they ain't lying in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/@BishopOnAir/featured

Greg Bishop is generally spot on and an awesome source of factual information. I have talked to an awful lot of people around me that have FOID cards and a lot of them simply have no idea this is going on or if they know, they don't understand that they may have things that are now illegal. This whole mess is so confusing and the ISP never did send a notice to FOID holders of this legislation.

VooDoo
View Quote

Saying it banned AR and AK was by design.  Most fudds and casual shooters assume they're just banning fully semi auto assault rifles, so they didn't care when it was time to voice opinion or raise hell(not that it mattered).  Now, since law is passed, the media can call it what it truly is.  You are right in last paragraph, this law is written so poorly and vague, by design, that no one knows.  I've had to explain to people that there bolt action rifle with detachable mag and flash hider/brake is ok....cause it's not semi auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top