Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2024 6:11:57 PM EDT
Does Garvey have a chance of beating Schiff?  Would making a campaign contribution be a waste of money?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Moved to where?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure hope so, I have little faith in our system though. I saw a graphic shortly after the Primary showing Garvey somehow losing votes while Shiffs increased. Now, I’m not the smartest guy out there but how the hell do votes subtract from any given candidate without some shady shit going on?
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say Schiff is nearly guaranteed to win the general.  Over a 95% chance.  The general will have a more Democrat-leaning turnout and the Democrat vote will no longer be divided.  Not enough Democrats who did not vote for Schiff are turned off by him to make a difference.  Maybe some moderate independents could be swayed to someone like Garvey but on the whole I don't think he can win.  Best case scenario he does better than usual for a Republican candidate while still losing.

This is why Schiff was running ads that had the effect of boosting Garvey, because he knows he would have an easier time beating him than someone like Porter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
9 days in and we still don’t know the result….
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Orange man bad. Schiff fight against Orange man. Schiff win NPC vote.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:19:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigstick61] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
9 days in and we still don’t know the result….
View Quote

My vote was barely counted this week.  Sad thing is that I made it home from work in Alaska days before the ballot arrived in the mail down here.  I put it in the mail days before flying home.  It arrived on the last possible day for it to still be allowed to be counted.  Close one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Fingers crossed for Garvey.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

My vote was barely counted this week.  Sad thing is that I made it home from work in Alaska days before the ballot arrived in the mail down here.  I put it in the mail days before flying home.  It arrived on the last possible day for it to still be allowed to be counted.  Close one.
View Quote

Mail takes forever to get here from Alaska. I once sent a postcard from somewhere up there to my mom in Oregon. My grandparents and I drove all the way back down from Alaska to Oregon and it still hadn’t arrived. I think I was home for 3 weeks or more before it showed up.

Day 10, count is supposedly only at 92%. And they wonder why Americans question our elections.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top