Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2024 11:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE]
Hello,
Planning a trip to CA in the LA area.  I'm a lawman.  Any weird gun laws I should be aware of (i.e., NJ's no hollow points allowed)?  
Carrying either my work gun (G19) or a P365 Xmacro.  I also carry Microtechs.  
Or just carry a 1911 TRP and be done?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there some Fed level goodness for carry that would apply off duty?  

For just plain folks, threaded barrel is no go as assault weapon, greater than 10 mags is a no import, too.  I'd think the likelihood of trouble is low unless you somehow attract the LEO attention
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:58:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Smogcity] [#2]
Auto knives over 1.9 inches are banned. I dont think there is a LE exemption but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah there’s no exception for LE and threaded barrels are considered class three here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info!

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigstick61] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goback:
Yeah there’s no exception for LE and threaded barrels are considered class three here.
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#6]
Originally Posted By DOE:
Hello,
Planning a trip to CA in the LA area.  I'm a lawman.  Any weird gun laws I should be aware of (i.e., NJ's no hollow points allowed)?  
Carrying either my work gun (G19) or a P365 Xmacro.  I also carry Microtechs.  
Or just carry a 1911 TRP and be done?

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I've read this thread several times but don't feel qualified to post anything substantive due to your LEO status.  I believe there are some exemptions on some things for LEO but cannot state what they are/aren't.  

Are LEO's from another State allowed to carry concealed?  Be careful on this one, despite your LEO status.  Certainly CA does not have any reciprocity for non-LEOs.

"Wierd gun laws" might be a prohibition against tracer ammo (fire hazard) and armor piercing ammo (protect LEO's in vests).  

The thing to do is to read the laws at DOJ.CA.GOV.  Do a word search for LEO, police, exempt, etc.

My personal recommendation about the firearm - just bring a 1911 and some 8 round mags, then you will be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top