Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2024 2:16:54 PM EDT
I've been saying for years that all the minimalist 3 hour CCW classes with no live fire would backfire and come back to haunt everyone ( I've always taught a 8 hour class with a significant live fire section), and it appears its finally happening to us.

Not happy about this at all

https://kdvr.com/news/politics/concealed-carry-bill-clears-first-committee/
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I notice the article doesn't mention any incidents where CCWers caused problems due to insufficient training.  If there were any, I'm sure they'd be harping on them.  

It looks like the Dems are passing a law to "fix" a problem that doesn't really exist.  

Their real motivation is simply to make the process of obtaining (and renewing) a permit more onerous and costly to discourage people from getting permits.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

Their real motivation is simply to make the process of obtaining (and renewing) a permit more onerous and costly to discourage people from getting permits.  

View Quote

Absolutely.  While I'm a huge fan of everyone being well trained, I'm very much opposed to mandated training and mandated standards.  Government always fucks up anything they mandate and this will be no different (which is their exact intention of course).
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are going to pass something like this, it needs to meet the requirements to bypass a NICS/CBI check and waiting period.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:44:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#4]
Now do voting. Civics (including "we're not a democracy"), ethics (including "voting to use force to restrict others' rights and take their property is a no-no") and a waiting period.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at this horse shit

On the awb bill compared to last year
Committee composition changedThe bill was once again assigned to the House Judiciary Committee, where it was rejected last year. The makeup of the committee is slightly different this year   Democratic Rep. Bob Marshall of Highlands Ranch and former Democratic Rep. Said Sharbini of Thornton, who voted against it last year, are gone from the committee. Epps is also off the committee, but two of the bill's sponsors, Reps. Javier Mabrey of Denver and Judy Amabile of Boulder, were assigned to the committee ahead of this year's lawmaking term.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I notice the article doesn't mention any incidents where CCWers caused problems due to insufficient training.  If there were any, I'm sure they'd be harping on them.  

It looks like the Dems are passing a law to "fix" a problem that doesn't really exist.  

View Quote

The libs never let facts get in the way of their agenda…..
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It's funny how the Dems scream bloody murder over voter ID laws.  They say requiring people to go out and obtain (and pay for) an ID is just too burdensome for the poor and minorities, and thus it infringes on their right to vote.  

But yet they happily require people to jump through various hoops and pay various fees before they can exercise their right to carry a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
IM sent.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By The_Fly:
I've been saying for years that all the minimalist 3 hour CCW classes with no live fire would backfire and come back to haunt everyone ( I've always taught a 8 hour class with a significant live fire section), and it appears its finally happening to us.

Not happy about this at all

https://kdvr.com/news/politics/concealed-carry-bill-clears-first-committee/
View Quote
Do.  You think. Anything is causing this but their agenda?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it's all agenda.

All of it.

Kalirado

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Rep. Don Wilson leaving his handgun behind in a bathroom in the capitol last week pretty much guarantees this bill will pass.  Now the Dems have an incident to exploit... "See!  This is why we need better training requirements!"
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to teach the CCW class.  Still do every once in a while.  I donate whatever money I make to the Fisher House charity....

I personally thought it was a stupid requirement.....shall not be infringed and all that.  Those of you advocating for more "training" as a condition sound like the same folks advocating for "common sense" gun laws.  How about no....no more "requirements" just constitutional carry for the masses.  Never gonna happen in this state but a guy can dream right?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Rep. Don Wilson leaving his handgun behind in a bathroom in the capitol last week pretty much guarantees this bill will pass.  Now the Dems have an incident to exploit... "See!  This is why we need better training requirements!"
View Quote

I had the same thought.
The timing was quit convenient too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top