Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2023 4:38:32 PM EDT
I really need to attend one of these CNJFO matches..

POLICE PISTOL COMBAT MATCH, November 10, 2023

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPastor] [#1]
That match was held at Old Bridge. PPC is a regular discipline at Od Bridge, with their match being held every 2nd Friday of the month.
Rosey and Pete do a great job, and run a great match. They are very SAFE, and new shooter friendly, with you observing one relay, and then being checked out before actually shooting a relay.
Details can be found HERE
The club calendar and other infor can be found HERE, and HERE.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for all the details PistolPastor. Now I have no excuses not to attend.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I took the plunge and participated in last night's PPC match. It was a combination eat and shoot where many of the members brought dishes from home along with plenty of soft drinks. I helped out with setting up the range for the matches and even participated in one match. That was quite an experience because it not only highlighted my strengths but also my weaknesses which I now know I have to work on.

Last night's event had almost 40 people there with the guests outnumbering the members. I was happy to meet many fine folks there and plan on attending future matches. Special thanks to Rosey and the other members of the OBR&PC for a safe, educational and enjoyable shoot.

If anyone is hemming and hawing about attending next month's match, just go and take the plunge like I did. You'll learn a lot about your equipment as well as yourself. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you had a good time. It was a "special" event, as a "Holiday party"ish. They do it from time to time.
They also occasionally do a "dry run" tutorial on qualification for NJ PTC.
Wish I knew you were gonna be there. I would have stopped in to meet you!
It is not my usual gig. I'll P.M. you to chat one day.
@Demeroma
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't too happy with my overall score but I now know what I have to concentrate and work on in order to improve my shooting. Barring any unforeseen circumstances I'm planning on attending next month's PPC. Definitely looking forward to the next event.

I'll let you know the next time I attend the match.
@PistolPastor
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistolPastor] [#6]
@Demeroma
I don't know your particular discipline of choice, (I'm a rimfire guy) or your local range, however as the weather gets colder...
Here is another Old Bridge option:
How about an indoor outlaw rimfire steel challenge?   Rimfire outlaw challenge
Yea I know, it shows IDPA in the url but it ain't. Trust me...
Lot o' fun. 4 stages, and a speed shoot at the end. Next one is New Years night. Monday night. Gotta sign up @ steelscoring.
.22 rifle AND/OR pistol, 5 mags for each.
Basically steel challengwe but "outlaw". No holsters, low ready.
Gary and Art run a great match. Good bunch of guys. All for ball breakin' and braggin' rights. Another new shooter friendly OBRPC league.
Another GREAT, well run match. Gone by 11:00 latest.
Registration open @ 18:00 12/25. 4 classes. rifle irons/optics, and pistol iron/optics. Runs fairly smooth and quick. Sometimes fills quick. Usually only 24 guns.  
Members $5 per gun. Non members, $10 per gun
I am registering as my daughter wants to shoot that night as well.
If ya need a night out and got nothin' to do...
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
@PistolPastor

Thank you for the kind offer but I won't be able to attend because I'll be visiting family out of state for next few weeks. I believe Rosey is having another PPC match in early January and I'll try to make it back to NJ for that. Again, thank you and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Merry/Happy.
Keep me posted.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll pm you!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top