Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/14/2023 3:05:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven]
SLFU has posted the following information on 2023 assault weapon registration:

https://portal.ct.gov/DESPP/Division-of-State-Police/Special-Licensing-and-Firearms/Special-Licensing-and-Firearms

Effective 9/14/2023, SLFU has opened an online portal for you to register your “2023 assault weapon” pursuant to PA 23-53. This registration will need to be completed by 5/1/2024.  For the most recent version of the Assault Weapon Certificate Application (DPS-414c) click HERE.  For the instructions on how to complete the online AW registration, click HERE. To access the online registration portal, click HERE. This process can still be completed by mail; however, it is STRONGLY recommended that you utilize the online portal.
------------------------------------------------------------

Updated DPS-414-C (Rev. 08/16/23) PDF form: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/SLFU/firearms/DPS-414-C-Assault-Weapon-Certificate-Application-revised-8-16-23.pdf

Online Assault Weapon Application How-to PDF: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/SLFU/firearms/AW-how-to-PDF.pdf

Online Portal Link
------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: The DPS-414-C form does not need to be notarized! PA 23-53 removed that requirement. If you do a sworn affidavit that will likely still need to be notarized.

One can roll their own fingerprints on the DPS-414-C form. One can buy a ink pad on Amazon or at a local business supply store like Staples. Do a few practice attempts before attempting to roll your fingerprint on the form. They likely won't accept smudged fingerprints.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, this confirms the state has a true registration in place, unlike what many people assumed.  Just created an account and I see all of the firearms I bought in CT.  What's worse, they have added to my registry a Colt 223 I don't actually own.  And one of my Glocks is entered as "Galena Industries".  Seriously, WTF?? how can you correct those inaccuracies?  Especially the firearm I don't own, this is so fkd up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my guns listed has a cert number when it’s not a gun I ever submitted one for…great job.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#3]
can we register pistols so we can use threaded barrels on them? or is that a no-no because those were banned in 2013 and it might look fishy trying...even if you dont own the barrel yet, or have a pin/welded muzzle device and would like to remove it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Should I Still donate $$$$ to try and stop all of this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]
They are missing several of mine and they have a few that I no longer own on there. I sold a SKS many years ago and bought a new sr22 when they first came out. They have the SR22 on there but never took off the SKS. Yes it was at a FFL.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:02:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#6]
It looks like a DPS-3 database pull, and like all government databases it's inaccurate as hell. They probably just assigned any recorded DPS-3s to you, because I doubt they set it up to take items off. I suspect they only track DPS-3s for their registry.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ctgunner:
Well, this confirms the state has a true registration in place, unlike what many people assumed.  Just created an account and I see all of the firearms I bought in CT.  What's worse, they have added to my registry a Colt 223 I don't actually own.  And one of my Glocks is entered as "Galena Industries".  Seriously, WTF?? how can you correct those inaccuracies?  Especially the firearm I don't own, this is so fkd up.
View Quote

Do not correct anything, the more inaccurate and incomplete the better!
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Inaccurate records are best records!
At this point I’m sgt. Shulz

I know nossink
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:

Do not correct anything, the more inaccurate and incomplete the better!
View Quote

I reckon you are right.  But, isn't all this a dog and pony show?  they KNOW what everyone already has (besides the inaccuracies) and they know because they have records of those DPS3 forms.  So, since the registry exists and they have everything they need why the f*** are people required to "register"?  How will they hold people non-compliant when they are already compliant since their guns are registered already?

Seriously, there are no words to describe this circus and the clowns that rule our lives.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
State by State The lefty’s and some R’s want this shit nationwide.That’s why they do it. They Have the votes. You And I Have NOTHING.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
How long until this database is hacked and either made public or used to target owners for theft?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure that is their goal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
So with these certs that I hate even exist can we file for real SBR stamps on our others now and then put stocks and shorter barrels on them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MikeOD82:
So with these certs that I hate even exist can we file for real SBR stamps on our others now and then put stocks and shorter barrels on them?
View Quote

No because it is a postban postban
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Leon82:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Others have been others, not postban rifles, up until 6667 passed.  Once an AW cert is issued from here on, you can Form 1 etc. All those people who Form 1'd their others under the ATF brace rule, can now put stocks on them as soon as they obtain a state AW cert.  But, I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
My list is a mess. Guns I sold years ago are on it, names are wrong, and it is missing lots of stuff.

The one thing that is kind of odd is a gun I bought face to face before things got bad is on the list. I haven't verified the serial number but the make and model is right. Wonder how they got that one?
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 7:14:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#17]

Others have been others, not postban rifles, up until 6667 passed.  Once an AW cert is issued from here on, you can Form 1 etc. All those people who Form 1'd their others under the ATF brace rule, can now put stocks on them as soon as they obtain a state AW cert.  But, I may be wrong.
View Quote

I sea. I'm going to bet they aren't going to clarify it.

I already got my udder form 1. So I should be able to get the cert now I guess.

But they are all conditionally granted. So wood adding a stockem change the condition of grantedness?
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

If I recall correctly, I dont think the law specifically says that once registered they must remain in "other" configuration as they were on/prior to 6/6/23.

but good luck getting SLFU to clarify.

I think its 2013 all over again. once registered to be assaulty...
thats how I see it, but im just a dude on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ctgunner:  they KNOW what everyone already has (besides the inaccuracies)
View Quote

I think this is why. They know their system is shit and isn't as complete as they "need" it to be. They're going to rely on "good citizens " to keep the records accurate and up-to-date.

For ~20yrs now, I've been doing annual foia requests to see the records they have on me. It has never been correct. Guns have disappeared, only to reappear years later. Information has mysteriously changed, like serials and models. How does that even happen? Guns I've never even owned have appeared in my file.

My ex-bil gave me (legal, private transfer) a Rem700 after he dropped and broke my video camera from a treestand. Years later, post-divorce, the cops came to me looking for it. Even after showing a dps3c (from when I traded it in) they didn't believe me because the state records had a different serial. The cop finally reasoned with logic and left (never heard anything again about it).
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#20]

But they are all conditionally granted. So wood adding a stockem change the condition of grantedness?
View All Quotes

DEEP/SLFU issued guidance before 6667 was passed that Others should stay in Other config, even if people got tax amnesty Form 1's approved by the ATF.  This all went down backwards, as in normal times you would first get a AW cert for a preban/registered rifles to then Form 1 them.  We got caught up in a real s-storm and people ended up with Form 1's for non-SBRs.  Now, post 6667, you still need that AW cert, but your Form 1 is at least ready.  And it's a all smoke and mirrors, since the state has registered everything for us already.  We are in an infinite loop of stupidity.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By User55645:

I think this is why. They know their system is shit and isn't as complete as they "need" it to be. They're going to rely on "good citizens " to keep the records accurate and up-to-date.

For ~20yrs now, I've been doing annual foia requests to see the records they have on me. It has never been correct. Guns have disappeared, only to reappear years later. Information has mysteriously changed, like serials and models. How does that even happen? Guns I've never even owned have appeared in my file.

My ex-bil gave me (legal, private transfer) a Rem700 after he dropped and broke my video camera from a treestand. Years later, post-divorce, the cops came to me looking for it. Even after showing a dps3c (from when I traded it in) they didn't believe me because the state records had a different serial. The cop finally reasoned with logic and left (never heard anything again about it).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By User55645:
Originally Posted By Ctgunner:  they KNOW what everyone already has (besides the inaccuracies)

Very likely.  Unfortunately, this time around many people can get knocks on the door by not-so-reasonable law enforcers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine shows no guns. What's also encouraging is they couldn't find my profile with my pistol permit number. Sent early June. Supposedly working through mid July renewals. No way to check.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 5:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lostman518] [#24]
Their records are a shit show. There's guns on my list that are my dads (same name and address at the time).
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Gordo556:
can we register pistols so we can use threaded barrels on them? or is that a no-no because those were banned in 2013 and it might look fishy trying...even if you dont own the barrel yet, or have a pin/welded muzzle device and would like to remove it.
View Quote

That's what I'm also wondering.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]
WoW.. I checked mine for shits and giggles. It's all messed up. Guns that i sold to guns shops are on there.

Sorry for you guys.

I'm glad I got out of CT when I did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#27]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Toker_:
Originally Posted By Gordo556:

Its a giant question mark that I don't think there is an answer to yet. Probably won't know until someone tries it this time around. Last time, back in 2013, some people were able to register just the threaded barrel as an assault weapon. This time around we just don't know how strict SLFU will be on what they allow be registered.

Technically, per the wording of PA 23-53, only those firearms deemed 2023 assault weapons per the "other" and "preban" language added by Pa 23-53 are supposed to be registered this time around. Preban pistols with threaded barrels fall into a gray area due to not meeting the two evil features for the new preban 2023 assault weapon language, but a the same time violating the separate single feature ban for pistols now that the preban statute has been repealed. Its a cluster fuck of confusion. Won't know the answer until a bunch of people are successfully able to register the threaded barrel pistols.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Are registered in 2013 rifles supposed to be reregistered?
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lafd04:
View Quote

They are already registered already
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:30:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#30]
Originally Posted By lafd04:
View Quote

No. They have already been registered. The new registration is for firearms deemed "2023 assault weapons" by the newly added feature ban sections for "others" and prebans. If one has a firearm deemed a "2023 assault weapon" and they previously obtained a certificate of possession for that firearm, they do not need to re-register their firearm.

From PA 23-53, page 59-60:
"(5) Any person who obtained a certificate of possession for an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (A) to (F), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, prior to the effective date of this section, that is also a 2023 assault weapon shall be deemed to have obtained a certificate of possession for such assault weapon for the purposes of sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, as amended by this act, and shall not be required to obtain a subsequent certificate of possession for such assault weapon."
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Well this is something, finally checked site out.

I have a random .22 assigned to me that I've never heard of, and another rifle has the caliber larger than that of a battleship from WWII.

Apparently just viewing a detail submission creates a new 'pending' entry record too on your account...this was clearly designed by TOP men.

I sure feel safer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By j_galt:
Apparently just viewing a detail submission creates a new 'pending' entry record too on your account...this was clearly designed by TOP men.
View Quote

Made the same observation as well on one of this discussions. Just viewing an entry turns it to pending with a number. Stupid. There should be an option to clear it if one decides they are not going to register that particular a firearm.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
If a person wanted to obtain a salty certificate for a home made other that has never been on any record, is there any problem with that? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 10:23:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#34]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
If a person wanted to obtain a salty certificate for a home made other that has never been on any record, is there any problem with that? Asking for a friend.
View Quote

A homemade other you can

A homemade rifle it's two late

Mine says unknown manufacturer
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#35]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
View Quote

If they manufactured, owned or purchased the "other" prior to 6/7/23 they can submit an application for the firearm. If the firearm is home made they should have, or may have to, contact the state about a serial number if the "other" receiver/lower lacks a serial number.

One of the options when filing an assault weapon certificate either online or by mail is to submit a sworn affidavit (basically a notarized document) attesting that one "lawfully owned" the firearm prior to 6/7/23. See the "How-To" register doc from SLFU and how to access the online portal for submitting an application:
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/SLFU/firearms/AW-how-to-PDF.pdf
https://portal.ct.gov/DESPP/Division-of-State-Police/Special-Licensing-and-Firearms/Special-Licensing-and-Firearms

The Assault Weapon Certificate Application (DPS-414c) form: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DESPP/SLFU/firearms/DPS-414-C-Assault-Weapon-Certificate-Application-revised-8-16-23.pdf
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I established my account and so far I don't own a single firearm in CT and never have.  I'm OK, though, because they're "working on it".  In the meantime, I'm submitting my applications the old-fashioned paper way.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:

Made the same observation as well on one of this discussions. Just viewing an entry turns it to pending with a number. Stupid. There should be an option to clear it if one decides they are not going to register that particular a firearm.
View Quote

7th graders could make a better website...but this is our tax dollars hard at work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Should whoever made the website be public record?  I'd love to know so that we never contract them for work, and also so that we can see what if any relationship(s) they have to any members of the government or law enforcement.  I'm also curious how much they were paid.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Should whoever made the website be public record?  I'd love to know so that we never contract them for work, and also so that we can see what if any relationship(s) they have to any members of the government or law enforcement.  I'm also curious how much they were paid.
View Quote

A while back when DESPP announced an online method for changing the pistol permit address they posted the following URL: https://ctdesppprod.glsuite.us/GLSuiteWeb/Clients/CTDESPP/Private/ChangeAddress/ChangeAddressWelcome.aspx

That URL now resolves to the https://ctdespp.b2clogin.com/ (long URL) that SLFU posted on their main website.

That glsuite info lead to the following links where one can see more possible information about who is potentially behind this online portal:

https://glsolutions.com/services-solutions/firearms-permitting-solutions/

https://glsolutions.com/keep-officers-public-safe-with-comprehensive-weapons-licensing/

https://glsolutions.com/conn-gov-lamont-signs-sweeping-gun-legislation/

https://glsolutions.com/ny-law-requires-gun-applicants-to-reveal-social-media-accounts/
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Their 'About Us' leads to this:
https://glsolutions.com/about-us/

You can look up individuals by their LinkedIn accounts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh look. More Soviet Union shit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Doing my other paper work and came across this thread looking for the form, it’s infuriating living here. We need to register something for certification which is already registered which will be featured on a registry for all to see. Wish one of these orgs would help CT.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Dam0007:
Doing my other paper work and came across this thread looking for the form, it’s infuriating living here. We need to register something for certification which is already registered which will be featured on a registry for all to see. Wish one of these orgs would help CT.
View Quote

One is registering the AW to retain legal possession of it. Where as the initial registration (DPS-3-C) is for transfer/purchase. One reason for the AW registration is to get those AW firearms not registered via DPS-3-C into the state's databases. There are a number of ways a firearm isn't in the state's weapon's registry. From one being old enough to have purchased the firearm prior to the DPS-3-C being required for transfer. To moving into CT with a firearm that is later deemed an AW.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#44]
They send you a confirmation email when you submit and it says thank you with an exclamation point
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#45]
They send you a confirmation email when you submit and it says thank you with an exclamation point
View Quote

At least they're nice about fucking you over.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#46]
any idea how soon they apporved your re-registration?
to get your assault certification for you pre-ban/others?
i register last nov.8 , to date it's still under PENDING REVIEW.
anyone got approved?
thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#47]
Originally Posted By ROMRAM:
any idea how soon they apporved your re-registration?
to get your assault certification for you pre-ban/others?
i register last nov.8 , to date it's still under PENDING REVIEW.
anyone got approved?
thanks!
View Quote

Generally no one knows outside the walls of SLFU. Won't know until people start reporting being approved or disapproved. SLFU themselves state it will take a substantial time to process.

Per the SLFU how-to register an assault weapon PDF page 8:

SOME THINGS TO NOTE:
*THE LAST DATE TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS IS 4/30/2024. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL TAKE US A SUBSTANTIAL TIME TO PROCESS THESE ASSAULT WEAPON APPLICATIONS. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE EMAIL WITH THE MAKE/MODEL/SERIAL NUMBER, SAYING THAT IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED, THEN YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED.
*PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND EMAIL ARE CORRECT. IF WE HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES, THIS WILL BE HOW WE CONTACT YOU.
*PLEASE COMPLETE THIS PROMPTLY. THIS WILL ALLOW US AMPLE TIME TO ASSIST WITH ANY
QUESTIONS. EMAIL IS THE BEST METHOD TO CONTACT US REGARDING QUESTIONS [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#48]
thanks!
just a reminder, it might show "Pending" after you submited all requirements,
but double check, it might not gone thru....
i have to resubmit everything again, until you get a "Pending Review"
and a confirmation email...
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ROMRAM:
thanks!
just a reminder, it might show "Pending" after you submited all requirements,
but double check, it might not gone thru....
i have to resubmit everything again, until you get a "Pending Review"
and a confirmation email...
View Quote

Mine says pending review
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#50]
DONT REGISTER ANYTHING

REGISTRATION IS CONFISCATION

Click To View Spoiler
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top