Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2023 1:07:22 AM EDT
Hello All,

Out of towner here, and I have a quick question that I cannot find an answer to (which might be my answer).

I totally understand that a private property owner can do as they wish on their land, and if they have posted "no firearms" signs, ask you to leave. However, if you are otherwise legally carrying, is it a criminal act to carry on private property with such posted signs?

My kids are being dragged to Sesame Pl and I'm trying to determine if it's just "concealed is concealed."

Thank you everyone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Hello All,However, if you are otherwise legally carrying, is it a criminal act to carry on private property with such posted signs?
View Quote

If you entered the property with a gun, knowing it was not permitted, you are technically trespassing.  If you didn't see the sign, you wouldn't know it wasn't permitted.

Now repeat after me; "What sign? I didn't see any sign."

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#2]
Don’t open if you don’t want to know:

Click To View Spoiler

Specifically:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate it guys. Hopefully it pours.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Creatyre:
Appreciate it guys. Hopefully it pours.
View Quote

I know exactly how you feel.
We had tickets for Hershey Park to use this past Wednesday and Thursday and I was totally dreading going. Luckily, rained both days and we didn’t go.
As a bonus my wife found someone else to use them and we recouped what the tickets cost us.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless the location is listed in the crimes code as being a place prohibiting the carrying of firearms, like a courthouse, jail, etc., no gun signs have no weight of law associated with them.

While technically…..in the broadest sense, you may be carrying against the “no gun”, it normally takes the person being told directly that they cannot carry in the location. Refuse to leave is asked and you are now guilty of defiant trespass.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Steve_in_PA:
Unless the location is listed in the crimes code as being a place prohibiting the carrying of firearms, like a courthouse, jail, etc., no gun signs have no weight of law associated with them.

While technically…..in the broadest sense, you may be carrying against the “no gun”, it normally takes the person being told directly that they cannot carry in the location. Refuse to leave is asked and you are now guilty of defiant trespass.
View Quote

This is how I was interpreting the Information I was reading, but wasn't sure. Thank you for the insight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know if you've gone yet or not but Sesame Pl has security and metal detectors, so it's not really a concealed is concealed scenario. (Just went on Tuesday).
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Konstable:
Don't know if you've gone yet or not but Sesame Pl has security and metal detectors, so it's not really a concealed is concealed scenario. (Just went on Tuesday).
View Quote

I haven't, the way it read on the website it appeared to be a "may be subject to". Is it basically everyone?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, unfortunately it's everyone. They have a whole operation going on like a mini TSA. They'll have between 1-4 lanes (depending on foot traffic). Bags and such go through the conveyor, patrons walk through a walk-through metal detector.  If it goes off you get hand wanded.   It used to be way different back in the day, they'd just do a spotty wanding, and they wouldn't always get everyone (they always got me, because I "look the type" I suppose lol)  But it's been this way for maybe the last 2 years I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top