Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2022 1:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin]
I'm not going to say much, but he was very ill for a couple weeks and he hasn't responded to texts or calls since.

I did some sleuthing and found another number and talked to one of his sons. Tim is in ICU at a local hospital (not sharing which one) and "it's been pretty rough." Sounds bad, but he's still with us.

Please pray for him, guys.

His son just called me to tell me the news. Tim has died. I'm fucking devastated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
@raf have you heard anything from @TimJ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
@raf have you heard anything from @TimJ?
View Quote
Just called him and left a msg to call me back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By raf:
Just called him and left a msg to call me back.
View Quote

I've been checking on him almost daily, but Sunday is the last day he responded.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll keep trying, and suggest you all do the same, if possible.

Last 4 digits of the phone # I have for him are 8034.  Is this still correct?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know him personally and have never spoken to him however I am in the S.E. part of the state if I can be of any help . . .
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:58:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin] [#6]
I'll keep trying, and suggest you all do the same, if possible.

Last 4 digits of the phone # I have for him are 8034.  Is this still correct?
View Quote

Yes.

ETA: we texted on Friday and I told him if there was anything he needed to just name it. His response was "thank you. prayers. its really in his hands. I'm not on deaths door but the pneumonia is serious."

I asked if he could have visitors (he was at the hospital. Don't know which, but there are only two in the area), and his response was "I wish. locked down hard here."
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump for the update.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent him a text--pray for him brothers!
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Payers out and Up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:07:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#10]
Text sent today saying his friends on Arfcom are all pulling for him, and praying for his speedy recovery.

Asked him if he wanted me to contact Sr Staff and look into setting up a "Donate to TimJ" thread, but it's his call, and I won't take any action until I hear from him.

Suggest if there's any "problem" in this forum requiring a Mod's actions, that Staff member(s) for this forum be contacted.  For that matter, any Staff and/or Sr. Staff will do in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't believe it. He's gone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Can't believe it. He's gone.
View Quote

NO, what a loss of an incredible Man!

Way too much of this shit lately.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Just saw it on his wife’s FB.  That sucks, Tim was one hell of a great guy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to be offline for a while.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Words fail me.  Great guy, and an irreparable loss to his family and friends.  RIP, Tim.

I'm sure you are in a far better place now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#16]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:
Just saw it on his wife's FB.  That sucks, Tim was one hell of a great guy.
View Quote
Link to wife's FB page, please.

We will need his Funeral and Obit info in order to make a post about it here and in the "The Memorial" forums, as well as GD.

I have taken the liberty of informing Sr. Staff about this; no response as yet.

ETA:  Striker responded, offering condolences.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Bummer . . . sad news .

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:41:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#18]

We will need his Funeral and Obit info in order to make a post about it here and in the "The Memorial" forums, as well as GD.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.facebook.com/deb.cerel

I am very, very, very, sad to announce my wonderful stubborn husband has passed of Covid.  He was the love 💜 of my life, and If he wasn’t so stubborn, and had his vaccine his death could have been prevented.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#19]
Looks like he got pneumonia as well and was on a vent, this came from a mutual friend.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#20]

View All Quotes

I am very, very, very, sad to announce my wonderful stubborn husband has passed of Covid.  He was the love  of my life, and If he wasn't so stubborn, and had his vaccine his death could have been prevented.
His obviously distraught wife (who can blame her?) made comments about TimJ apparently refusing to get the "Vaccine".

We all have our own opinions, and individual risk-assessments, about the "Vaccine".

Personally, I'd hate for this thread to be diverted by "Vax/No-Vax" comments.

Seems to me that questioning TimJ's personal decision would be inappropriate, and possibly disrespectful, in this thread.

We, here, are reacting to TimJ's death, and mourning his passage.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Prayers out for his family and friends.
View Quote
Thanks for coming by and paying your respects.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:59:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#26]
If people don’t know, Tim was very involved in the very first RI gun lobbying group and his tenacity and amazing sense of humor was a great inspiration to us.

He also gave great financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:47:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buckshot_jim] [#27]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Sad news
Thoughts out to his nearest & dearest
RIP
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Holy shit,

It's been a long time but, I remember shooting in a couple of RI matches with TimJ, Raf, Wobblin, SGWlower, and coltsporter back in the mid 2000's when I was spending a few yrs in SE MA.

Tim was a gentleman and got me interested in FAL's. We swapped emails now and then but, I've been out of touch too long.

He was a hell of a dude.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Rest in peace sir.

Comfort to his family.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#31]
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
Holy shit,

It's been a long time but, I remember shooting in a couple of RI matches with TimJ, Raf, Wobblin, SGWlower, and coltsporter back in the mid 2000's when I was spending a few yrs in SE MA.

Tim was a gentleman and got me interested in FAL's. We swapped emails now and then but, I've been out of touch too long.

He was a hell of a dude.

View Quote
I remember those days.  Fun times were had by all.  Unfortunately, not to be repeated with Tim personally present.  Maybe if we're lucky, Tim will be present in spirit. in future get-togethers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:55:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Tim and I shared so much. He was a great buddy. I respected the hell out of him. He's been over to my house and on our family farm quite a few times for shooting or just hanging out. He was the kind of guy that I'd call if I needed to bury a body and he'd show up with a shovel. He is easily the closest arfmember I've ever had in my life. He was very simply my friend.

This is devastating.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#33]
May Tim Rest in Peace and prayers to his family.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Damnitt.
Wobblin just let me know today.
I met Tim at the CT statehouse when we had a large rally to protest the tyranny that their legislature foisted on CT.
He was a friendly, helpful, affable guy. If you met him, you couldn't help but like him.
My thoughts are with his family, and friends (there are many).

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Still can't believe he's gone.

My wife and I were putting together a treadmill for her/us in our workout room this morning and I had to go into the adjacent room to get an occasional tool. That adjacent room is where Tim and I hung out a lot and practically the entire time I was balling my eyes out. It was hard reading the direction book. I think I'm going to dedicate that room to him.

I just hope that writing this out helps, because it's kicking the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I am currently prohibited from posting in GD (please don't ask) but has anyone posted Moderator TimJ's demise in GD?

I can't do so, perhaps others can.  Please do so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#39]
Still can't believe he's gone.

My wife and I were putting together a treadmill for her/us in our workout room this morning and I had to go into the adjacent room to get an occasional tool. That adjacent room is where Tim and I hung out a lot and practically the entire time I was balling my eyes out. It was hard reading the direction book. I think I'm going to dedicate that room to him.

I just hope that writing this out helps, because it's kicking the shit out of me.
View Quote
I completely understand, being of an age where many old friends die from one reason or another.

It's shocking when a friend dies before their "time".

I feel for you.  I truly do, having the same experience.

What I might add is that initial pain will eventually pass and remembering the good things in the past will become more pleasurable as time goes on.  That's how we humans are built.

Get in touch via IM if needed. Always there, if needed.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m so sorry to hear of his passing.  Rest In Peace brother.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I am currently prohibited from posting in GD (please don't ask) but has anyone posted Moderator TimJ's demise in GD?

View Quote

I posted about him in The Memorial forum and of course here. I don't have the stomach to post about him in GD.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#42]

I posted about him in The Memorial forum and of course here. I don't have the stomach to post about him in GD.
View All Quotes

I completely understand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Talked to Tim's son this morning and they're a little delayed in planning arrangements, but he said he'd give me another update later today or early tomorrow. He specifically asked me to share the information here, as this site and a bunch of you guys were important to him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Talked to Tim's son this morning and they're a little delayed in planning arrangements, but he said he'd give me another update later today or early tomorrow. He specifically asked me to share the information here, as this site and a bunch of you guys were important to him.
View Quote

I’m hearing Monday, 4-7 Coventry?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Yes.

Monday January 31 at the Iannoti Funeral Home at Maple Root in Coventry from 4-7.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Super sad. Tim was a great dude.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Street address of Iannotti Funeral Home is: 415 Washington Street, Coventry, RI 02816
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm saddened by this news.  Prayers sent for his family and friends, including his Arfcom family and friends.  He will most certainly be missed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top