Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2023 9:19:34 AM EDT
In Oregon, a homeowner can pull their own permits. Can you do that here in Ok?
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It varies by county.

I am in Leflore County. There is no permitting required for work done on my own place. So far, the only permitting that we have dealt with was the septic system.

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PNW_Steve:
It varies by county.

I am in Leflore County. There is no permitting required for work done on my own place. So far, the only permitting that we have dealt with was the septic system.

Where are you located?
View Quote

Same here but insurance is cheaper if you have a certificate from a local electrician. I worked for one a couple days and he inspected mine for me. I think towns have various codes and some towns have huge city limits like Fanshaw.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you can do most anything yourself in rural OK.  I am in Caddo county and the only thing I had to do officially on my property was have the septic guy submit a soil test to the state.
I built barns, put in a pool, had an extra well dug, built additions onto the back and front of my house, did plumbing, did electric work, etc.  There is absolutely zero permitting or inspections.  No one cares.

Hell, you should see the pile of brush, old tires and old telephone poles I am getting ready to burn  Once I soak it with used oil and a couple gallons of diesel, people in the next county are going to see it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I think you can do most anything yourself in rural OK.  I am in Caddo county and the only thing I had to do officially on my property was have the septic guy submit a soil test to the state.
I built barns, put in a pool, had an extra well dug, built additions onto the back and front of my house, did plumbing, did electric work, etc.  There is absolutely zero permitting or inspections.  No one cares.

Hell, you should see the pile of brush, old tires and old telephone poles I am getting ready to burn  Once I soak it with used oil and a couple gallons of diesel, people in the next county are going to see it.
View Quote

You have to have permits to apply chicken litter or animal waste. Oh you have to have permit’s to irrigate too. Pesticides and herbicide application licenses for restricted use chemicals. That’s all I can think of.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

You have to have permits to apply chicken litter or animal waste. Oh you have to have permit’s to irrigate too. Pesticides and herbicide application licenses for restricted use chemicals. That’s all I can think of.
View Quote

Not here you dont.  I even called the county to ask.  They seemed irritated I even called to ask such things

That told me I was living in the right area.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

Not here you dont.  I even called the county to ask.  They seemed irritated I even called to ask such things

That told me I was living in the right area.
View Quote

What county? We have to pay yearly for irrigation rights and the litter application licenses.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PNW_Steve:
It varies by county.

Where are you located?
View Quote

Broken Arrow
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on county, build a house here got to have permits,

i've built sheds, pole barns done electric, plumbing, ran fence, tractor/dirt work etc w/o need of permits.

Only thing i can think other than permit for house building is when i had my septic tank and laterals replaced and perk test.

State epa agent came out done pre and post inspections when contractor filed for permit and near completion,

agent was cool even though it was like 110deg out and he checked the old tank was pumped clean, collapsed/filled, the pit where new tank was set and laid on ground couple times checking gravel & sand bases and lateral lines
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
It depends on the county for a permit to build a house.......   For example:  Oklahoma County (outside of any city limits) you have to have a County permit.   Logan County, no permits at all for a house.   Septic inspections aside........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top