Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2024 4:48:21 PM EDT
The wait is finally over, Colorado is now home to a Buc-ee's travel center and gas station.

The Johnstown location at 5201 Nugget Road opened at 6 a.m. on Monday, and there was no shortage of excitement.

FOX31 was there when the doors opened, and there were lines of people ready to enter the store before the sun even rose. Droves of fans were dressed in their Buc-ee's gear, ready for the chance to see the Colorado location first.

"The location is great, we have easy access to [I]-25, we're in between two major cities, and the travelers are always up and down this highway, and we are looking forward to it," said Josh Smith, Buc-ee's director of operations.

Now, you might be wondering, why would anyone line up for a gas station? Well, Buc-ee's is known for not being any ordinary gas station.

"We want to offer a clean, family-oriented travel center for you to pull over on the side of the road, top off the tank outside, top off the tank inside and then buy some Christmas gifts and souvenirs along the way," said Smith.

The massive Johnstown location occupies 74,000 square feet and has 116 fueling positions and 12 EV charging stations.

Aside from its fueling options, Buc-ee's offers even more inside its convenience store. From a variety of snacks, meals and souvenir items, Buc-ee's seemingly offers everything.

However, the travel center's top commodity might not be what you think. Buc-ee's is known for having the cleanest bathrooms in America.

moar
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The sheep are thrilled.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Their BBQ aint all that, but it's road-safe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm just a few miles from that. It's all anyone can talk about. I don't get it. Is a clean gas station bathroom that big of a deal?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I laughed the other day when I saw a Buc-ee's billboard in Fruita, CO.  Said "You can hold it!  Buc-ee's, 291 miles ahead!"
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw on my FB feed today that folks are having trouble getting into the Buc-ee's lot due to the traffic on 25 being backed up at the exits.

It's
a
gas
station

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:
Saw on my FB feed today that folks are having trouble getting into the Buc-ee's lot due to the traffic on 25 being backed up at the exits.

It's
a
gas
station

View Quote
been thinking about making the drive down to check it out but this is the sort of news that keeps me away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
been thinking about making the drive down to check it out but this is the sort of news that keeps me away.
View Quote

Yeah, just put the address into GMaps and turn on the traffic feature. Ramps are always red or yellow right there. Eff that.

5201 Nugget Rd, Berthoud, CO 80513

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
While e/r to Springs (NB I-25) I saw a sign announcing Buc-ees at 115 miles distance.  That's way too close to Denver for me and I hate driving up Monument.  Lovely traffic jams I can live without.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top